Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8238 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5150 Jan 19, 2012
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi All Meshed Up, Yes I went to the FDA website and filled out an Adverse Reaction Report on 11/21/2011. It was not easy (very hard to navigate). I received encouragement from djdbs and I also signed his petion (info on page 227 of this website). I received a response from Holly Grebeck Worldwide Customer Quality on 1/9/2012. I received a confirmation e-mail from the FDA that I filed the report and then J&J sent an e-mail asking for permission to look at my medical files.I am still trying to decide what to do, if I should allow J&J access to my medical records. I have really been struggling with this. I know kinda getting off the point of all this. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. I check this site daily.
Brenda, Please contact me @ [email protected] ASAP! Thank Mucho!
wounded

North Fort Myers, FL

#5151 Jan 19, 2012
everyone, Blair steven, riverrat, and all who are not accepting offer, still dont. I have been in touch with a reporter, name withheld for a few reasons of my own. This story will be getting attention. DOnt settle on this. Think people think.
After court is adjourned, we the non-ring break cases will be a lughing stock, while All including Bard lawyers, will be out celebrating and laughing.
Stop the Bus that is going to run us over!!Pls
Christine

AOL

#5152 Jan 19, 2012
Debbie wrote:
classified a 5 and have to pay $6000.00 that I know of in medical
How do you no what classification you are in? My lawyer today said A specail Master and defendends are reveiwng our cases in which my lawyer itself has in his hands 156 cases, febuary will be 3 years since I filed. Had 4 hernia repairs just now got released from doctor from julys surgery Nothingg but infections and liquid pockets. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Christine
mesh victim

Van Nuys, CA

#5153 Jan 19, 2012
lost -confused wrote:
First, i'd like to thank everyone that has shared information on this forum. It has been very helpful. I am a 33 year old female with left inguinal hernia "repair" using prolene mesh in feb. 08. Since i have had nothing but trouble, mostly chronic pain, digestive and bowel issues. Test results done(CT, xray, labs) and doctors say everythings fine, just live with it. After a long search, I was directed to Vegas. I had spoken with Dr. Petersen in Nevada a few weeks ago and he had stated that he would remove the mesh for me. The office had scheduled a second phone interview for this past monday. I called at appt. time, they said he'd call me back, and nothing. The next day I called again and the receptionist simply stated, Dr. Petersen cannot help you at this time. I begged her to give me a reason, but she just kept repeating, I'm sorry I cant say, all i can say is that Dr. Petersen cannot help you at this time. She would not tell me if it was because of me or them. She said I was not allowed to speak with Dr. Petersen, even though he had just ordered a CT to be sent to him just a few weeks prior. She said she could not discuss the CT or anything else with me, just that he could not help me. I am so confused. And was under the impression finally that a doctor would actually listen to me instead of disregarding me. Can anyone here direct me to someone that can help me to remove this mesh? I am thinking my next step is Dr. Raz in CA. but was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice or thoughts on this. My email is [email protected] Thanks in advance to anyone that may have the time. Hope and prayers for all that suffer through this horrible battle.
Can you give me your email address? I know doctor that removes hernia meshes. She is in LA, CA. Dr. Raz is awesome but he specializes in female pelvic urology surgery, i.e. bladder sling TVT mesh, am not sure if he will remove hernia related mesh only.
mesh victim

Van Nuys, CA

#5154 Jan 19, 2012
lost -confused wrote:
First, i'd like to thank everyone that has shared information on this forum. It has been very helpful. I am a 33 year old female with left inguinal hernia "repair" using prolene mesh in feb. 08. Since i have had nothing but trouble, mostly chronic pain, digestive and bowel issues. Test results done(CT, xray, labs) and doctors say everythings fine, just live with it. After a long search, I was directed to Vegas. I had spoken with Dr. Petersen in Nevada a few weeks ago and he had stated that he would remove the mesh for me. The office had scheduled a second phone interview for this past monday. I called at appt. time, they said he'd call me back, and nothing. The next day I called again and the receptionist simply stated, Dr. Petersen cannot help you at this time. I begged her to give me a reason, but she just kept repeating, I'm sorry I cant say, all i can say is that Dr. Petersen cannot help you at this time. She would not tell me if it was because of me or them. She said I was not allowed to speak with Dr. Petersen, even though he had just ordered a CT to be sent to him just a few weeks prior. She said she could not discuss the CT or anything else with me, just that he could not help me. I am so confused. And was under the impression finally that a doctor would actually listen to me instead of disregarding me. Can anyone here direct me to someone that can help me to remove this mesh? I am thinking my next step is Dr. Raz in CA. but was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice or thoughts on this. My email is [email protected] Thanks in advance to anyone that may have the time. Hope and prayers for all that suffer through this horrib le battle.
Oops, I see your email address...sorry.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5155 Jan 19, 2012
wounded wrote:
everyone, Blair steven, riverrat, and all who are not accepting offer, still dont. I have been in touch with a reporter, name withheld for a few reasons of my own. This story will be getting attention. DOnt settle on this. Think people think.
After court is adjourned, we the non-ring break cases will be a lughing stock, while All including Bard lawyers, will be out celebrating and laughing.
Stop the Bus that is going to run us over!!Pls
Wounded,if Motley Rice and Bard pull of this 184 million settlement which is all in their favor,you are right Judge Lisa hands are tied. Steven ,Debbie and all others will not get their day in court to have a jury decide. Motley Rice saves Bard millions. Here is what Motley Rice is about to pull off north of the border. Motley told Stevenson LLP that non ring meshs are not in the settlement that is a big saving for Bard.I proved Stevenson's wrong and they are in on this deal with Motley Rice to fill their pockets. At this time they are doing the payout list for mesh's with a ring and they are going to settle out of court.All non rings were let go they have very few mesh's with rings and no ring breaks.Bard saves millions hands out low settlements and their is no judge to save the mesh victims and settlements will not be disclosed. Well that is what you call getting screwed,don't let this happen to you. You need a judge!!!! Listen to Wounded he is right on!
Mzsharkeater

Quesnel, Canada

#5156 Jan 19, 2012
Thank you I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.....
Penny
Amanda wrote:
Sharkeater, just so shocked hearing your horror story and what you are going through, sending healing prayers up to BC, what a nightmare. I hope they are treating u well in the hospital. Amanda
Mzsharkeater

Quesnel, Canada

#5157 Jan 19, 2012
Saw the surgeon yesterday-The mesh broke off in 5 pieces-that is what they could visibly see and retrieve. During the office visit I learned-the mass inside was so large my large two large veins coming in and going out were fused together and a piece of mesh was stuck inside one-the veins needed to be pulled apart and the mesh had to be removed from the vien and then the vein required stitching.....plus....he found a piece of mesh lodged in my pubic bone!!....My left side has permenant nerve damage...from the hip down to the tip of my toes-feels like my whole side is asleep....and I was warned again-Im high risk for a re-occurence of another femoral hernia....always always always always get second and third opinions
[email protected]
Mzsharkeater wrote:
Well folks-just got out of hospital BC Canada. The surgeon pulled out a mass size of a grapefruit which was attached to the mesh. The mesh was in at least 5 pieces, The main vein running up and the main vein running down my leg were fused together from all the pressure from the infection-plus a piece of mesh was attached to the vein-the viens needed to be repaired and the one needed to be stitched. He also pulled a piece of mesh from my pubic bone. My abdomin was full of infection from these 2 femoral hernia operations I had done 2.5yrs ago. My left leg and hip are numb and the nerve is damaged-I can live with this rather then the prior pain, He also removed muscle. He attempted to repair the femoral hernia-there is one stitch holding this in place-I am high risk to another hernia. I was denied my CPP Disabilty too....our government sucks! I cant lodge a law suit because its past the 2yr allowed time limit. Always get a second opinion!!!!!! and dont put mesh in your body
[email protected]
Mzsharkeater

Quesnel, Canada

#5158 Jan 19, 2012
Saw the surgeon yesterday-The mesh broke off in 5 pieces-that is what they could visibly see and retrieve. During the office visit I learned-the mass inside was so large my large two large veins coming in and going out were fused together and a piece of mesh was stuck inside one-the veins needed to be pulled apart and the mesh had to be removed from the vien and then the vein required stitching.....plus....he found a piece of mesh lodged in my pubic bone!!....My left side has permenant nerve damage...from the hip down to the tip of my toes-feels like my whole side is asleep....and I was warned again-Im high risk for a re-occurence of another femoral hernia....always always always always get second and third opinions
[email protected]
Mzsharkeater

Quesnel, Canada

#5159 Jan 19, 2012
Tammy-I think your wrote me-but it ended up in junk mail
[email protected]
Dawson Creek BC
Tammy wrote:
Hey Blair, I just wanted to say thanks you for your intered and the very useful information and for sharing your knowledge.
I hope i can return the favor.
riverrat

Houston, MN

#5160 Jan 19, 2012
this old fart aint settling
LARC

Northridge, CA

#5161 Jan 19, 2012
Mzsharkeater wrote:
[email protected]
what kind of mesh?
christina

Dallas, TX

#5162 Jan 19, 2012
I am 34 and had a tvt Done 8 years ago. I no have to have a toilet near me at all time half the time losing my whole bladder and wetting myself. I have such bad pelvic pains at times I am beyond my send with pain.
Mzsharkeater

Halifax, Canada

#5163 Jan 19, 2012
Mzsharkeater wrote:
Tammy-I think your wrote me-but it ended up in junk mail
[email protected]
Dawson Creek BC
<quoted text>
sorry about that,i am new at this..
mesh horror

Van Nuys, CA

#5164 Jan 19, 2012
christina wrote:
I am 34 and had a tvt Done 8 years ago. I no have to have a toilet near me at all time half the time losing my whole bladder and wetting myself. I have such bad pelvic pains at times I am beyond my send with pain.
This is mostllly for hernia patients. There is another topic blog for the TVT victims. You should search "TVT complication" on this site and it should take you to the right blog. You will find thousands of stories like yourself and others on that blog knows all your sufferings.
I know what you are going through, I too had Tvt then removed, leaked like crazy then had the sling made out of my own tissue, so no more leaking.
You need the mesh removed ASAP to get any relief...
Christine

AOL

#5165 Jan 20, 2012
Can anyone Please tell me how you no what classification you are in? Just pure disgusted with all this!!! This whole surgery has destroyed my life, had 4 hernia repairs the last 1 in July to fix 2 and remove the mesh, and when I tell you nothing but issues!!! Drain tubes, infections, needles put in stomach to take out fluids from the 2 pockets, losing everything but the shirt off my back, lawyer said special master and defends are reveiwing cases now? So who knows how much longer.........PLEASE any help would GREATLY be appreciated, And I wish all of yous BEST WISHES and hopefully a Happy Heathier Future
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#5166 Jan 20, 2012
Christine wrote:
Can anyone Please tell me how you no what classification you are in? Just pure disgusted with all this!!! This whole surgery has destroyed my life, had 4 hernia repairs the last 1 in July to fix 2 and remove the mesh, and when I tell you nothing but issues!!! Drain tubes, infections, needles put in stomach to take out fluids from the 2 pockets, losing everything but the shirt off my back, lawyer said special master and defends are reveiwing cases now? So who knows how much longer.........PLEASE any help would GREATLY be appreciated, And I wish all of yous BEST WISHES and hopefully a Happy Heathier Future
go to page 227 of this form.
riverrat

Houston, MN

#5167 Jan 21, 2012
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM In re Kugel Mesh Patch Litigation
07-md-1842ML -- CHAMBERS
Telephone Conference re Grabowski case (CA 09&#8208;3030ML)
riverrat

Houston, MN

#5168 Jan 21, 2012
Chief Judge Mary M. Lisi jan-24
and judge almond has a hearing same day in the mornin of mesh

Since: May 10

Quesnel, Canada

#5169 Jan 21, 2012
prolene
LARC wrote:
<quoted text>what kind of mesh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PRWeb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Tip Sheet on How to Change the Payee of a D... Thu choices 1
News Acadiate Releases Report on Graduate Student Em... Thu chance 1
Pill-Free Migraine Relief Option Eases Pain wit... Thu another 1
News How To Treat Hemorrhoids | How "H Miracle" Help... (May '13) Jun 18 alex 12
Nike Air Max 2015 Mens Jun 5 smdvida 1
News Rooms101.com Renews Focus On Vacation Layaway &... (Jun '10) Jun 4 tipwill 27
News WeRmp3.com Has Over 5 Million Songs and Only 8 ... (Feb '09) May 30 ohyesidid 46
More from around the web