Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 201)

Showing posts 4,001 - 4,020 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jinksy

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Terrie wrote:
I just received a news letter from Alley * Clark * Greiwe Attorneys in Tampa Fl. 1-800-840-0977. The news letter is of interesting, dealing with all the recalls on hip and knee implants. It seems that all and any implants are a failure. In reading about how these other implants are fasten to the body they also seem to be in the same feild as hernia mesh their is no proper way that a man made product can be implanted into the human body. It seems that both the knee and hip law suites are getting further ahead then what hernia mesh is.
I had a knee replacement 2 years ago and have had constant pain. The doctor I just saw said I need to give it more time before they do surgery again.
WORDS WENT SOFT

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

this Multidistrict Litigation court CANT NOT HAnDLE SUCH CASES AND A HIGH COURT MUST INTERVEEN ASAP
Catch22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

I had my second inguinal hernia surgery a year and a half ago and have had chronic pain ever since. Do not know the type of mesh used (would like to know) My first surgery went ok. I was out of pain completely after 6 weeks. The pain is pretty much everywhere below the chest. Testicular pain,groin pain,pubic pain. Burning everywhere from the waist down.Also my right side of my abdomen is always in pain. The surgeons all seem to think this is unuesual but they know! They just don't want to deal with me like the rest of you.Telling me to take ibuprofen as if it would even help (can't tolerate it any how)My question to anybody who will care to answer is why doesn't any medical pro think this is a disabeling condition? I cannot even do menial tasks without the pain increasing. My life is miserable.I take oxycodone for the pain. What happens when they outlaw this drug? How will we live? Sorry for the long incoherent and rambling post.But I finally feel I can be understood (hopefully) and taken seriously. We all know 99.999% of people don't take us seriously.
Catch22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

All Meshed Up wrote:
I now have been turned down by every law firm I have contacted concerning damage done by Prolene mesh. I now have been turned down by 2 law firms concerning Kugel mesh that was implanted to repair the damage done by the prolene. Call us when the Kugel breaks and you are damaged is what I am being told. Meanwhile I have had to apply for disability because I can no longer work as I used to. I am in pain 24/7. I almost passed out yesterday because of a "rolling pain" that hit me while I was in a state office trying to get assistance. Scared the hell out of the lady there. So.....we have been used as guinea pigs, damaged and experimented on and then ignored and left to deal with what is left. The lawyers suck, the FDA is criminal and nobody gives a rats butt about us. I have no family, no job, no legal representation and no money. What am I to do now? I still try to work but spend the next couple of days curled up in pain. This is not a life any more. Its survival. And I am a mild case in this wonderful world of Mesh.
I know this is a disabeling condition.I'm with you on everything you said! Now when and how can we get the social security adm. to recognize our cases as a disabelment? I am in the same boat as you and it seems like we are only going to sink. Nobody can help or nobody cares. My email is swp123@gmx.com if you or any other poster here wishes to discuss our horror stories and how we can get some kind of resolution.
Terrie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Judged:

Terrie wrote:
I just received a news letter from Alley * Clark * Greiwe Attorneys in Tampa Fl. 1-800-840-0977. The news letter is of interesting, dealing with all the recalls on hip and knee implants. It seems that all and any implants are a failure. In reading about how these other implants are fasten to the body they also seem to be in the same feild as hernia mesh their is no proper way that a man made product can be implanted into the human body. It seems that both the knee and hip law suites are getting further ahead then what hernia mesh is.
I'sorry if you feel that my posting to be spam. It is information that I just passed on to others. Even though I have an 80 yr. Uncle in FL. the East coast, that also has a daughter born without a hip, they live with the pain just like us hernia people. What I thought was of iterest in the hip& knee case is that their is with the DePUY hip metal-on-metal,(metallic debris),into the tissue,causing cobaltism, or colbalt poisoning. With the knee replacement Zimmer Nexgen, it's the adhesive thatbonds or connects the thigh bone to the device.then the other type which bond the knee to nature bone ingrowth etc..... My tie of these products to hernia mesh is this, none of these man made produces belong in our bodies. When these companies that make these products make claims of all these are the cure of your defects. They will cause no side effects. They will last at least 15 years. These companies are making the bucks, while we go broke, because of bad first time surgery done wrong.
Terrie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Catch22 wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is a disabeling condition.I'm with you on everything you said! Now when and how can we get the social security adm. to recognize our cases as a disabelment? I am in the same boat as you and it seems like we are only going to sink. Nobody can help or nobody cares. My email is swp123@gmx.com if you or any other poster here wishes to discuss our horror stories and how we can get some kind of resolution.
It's called red tape!I have been in your shoes also I lost everything. because of first time hernia surgery done wrong.To begin with get copies of all medical records, all doctor appointments,any lost of time from work. With SSD. You signing your life away. I ended up hiring SSD attorneys which seems to be a FED Gov. red tape cover up to attorneys. I have multi medical problems that also are on ssd-disability list, I filed online back in late 2007, deined, hired attorney they get i think it was 1/4 of your case winnings. This is based on your ss pay in.Yet the medical bills pile up, with no new answers, other then more surgery. SSD has a medical listing of all medical disabilities that they allow, you to go by.
catch22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Terrie wrote:
<quoted text> It's called red tape!I have been in your shoes also I lost everything. because of first time hernia surgery done wrong.To begin with get copies of all medical records, all doctor appointments,any lost of time from work. With SSD. You signing your life away. I ended up hiring SSD attorneys which seems to be a FED Gov. red tape cover up to attorneys. I have multi medical problems that also are on ssd-disability list, I filed online back in late 2007, deined, hired attorney they get i think it was 1/4 of your case winnings. This is based on your ss pay in.Yet the medical bills pile up, with no new answers, other then more surgery. SSD has a medical listing of all medical disabilities that they allow, you to go by.
So they did not recognize your hernia complications as a disablement? Have you been declared disabeled? The attourney thing seems like you have to have one because of what you said (red tape)They (the fed govt.)are so intimidating that even the thought of filing for disability is overwhelmingly nerve racking. I have called an attourney but they only had there secretary call me. And she said more or less I'm screwed. Good luck with your case!
------Sandra---- -MS

Canton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

I'm just wondering who to talk to about a crime that has been committed several years ago in a hospital. This person got away with causing a young girl's death and causing injury to many of his patients. He was fired and is now in another hospital. I'm concerned about his present patients as well as the people he is in contact with. I feel that he may be dangerous to society. This happened several years ago. He sutured mesh into many people who didn't need the mesh. If any one knows who may be able to investigate this, please let me know. Thanks
Tom

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

I had a ventral hernia mesh patch and do have pain in the same area as a result. How do I find out which patch I did receive. Thanks.
Terrie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Judged:

catch22 wrote:
<quoted text> So they did not recognize your hernia complications as a disablement? Have you been declared disabeled? The attourney thing seems like you have to have one because of what you said (red tape)They (the fed govt.)are so intimidating that even the thought of filing for disability is overwhelmingly nerve racking. I have called an attorney but they only had there secretary call me. And she said more or less I'm screwed. Good luck with your case!
Hi catch22. I just saw this ad on tv. Don't use local area attorneys I was told this, by a small town lawyer, why cause everyone knows everybody. BUT I used Binder & Binder known nation wide. They done good work for me. The biggest thing you have to do is get good writen doctor reports that claim or says that your health is putting you disabled,( keeping you from doing your type of job or any other that is quit like it. Jobs like farming, warehouse, jobs that requires being on feet lifting over 25lbs, on a daily bases. 8 hours or more. Also having multi other health problems also counts. Things like low eye sight, blood presure, thyroid. other tissue, muscle problems. Go to SSdisability.gov and their is a list that tell you what health issues are accounted for quilfing for ssd. It takes almost 20 months to go through to the judge who rules your case. But now with all Fed Cuts, I don't know ho long it will take for rulings. Hey another ad just on for 1-866-625-00171 FREEDOM DISABILITY - SSDisability Help. Wish you the best.
catch22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Terrie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi catch22. I just saw this ad on tv. Don't use local area attorneys I was told this, by a small town lawyer, why cause everyone knows everybody. BUT I used Binder & Binder known nation wide. They done good work for me. The biggest thing you have to do is get good writen doctor reports that claim or says that your health is putting you disabled,( keeping you from doing your type of job or any other that is quit like it. Jobs like farming, warehouse, jobs that requires being on feet lifting over 25lbs, on a daily bases. 8 hours or more. Also having multi other health problems also counts. Things like low eye sight, blood presure, thyroid. other tissue, muscle problems. Go to SSdisability.gov and their is a list that tell you what health issues are accounted for quilfing for ssd. It takes almost 20 months to go through to the judge who rules your case. But now with all Fed Cuts, I don't know ho long it will take for rulings. Hey another ad just on for 1-866-625-00171 FREEDOM DISABILITY - SSDisability Help. Wish you the best.
Thanks for the info. I think it would be hard for the surgerons in my case to say I'm disabeled. They don't even take me seriously. I was going to have the mesh removed because a surgeon at the same hospital said it would relieve the pain but then surely another hernia would reccur. I just went back a month or so ago and finally after a year and a half I got to speak with THEE experienced surgeon (the others including the one who operated on me were "new". The experienced surgeon then told me taking it out would result in the same amount of pain or worse with almost certain reccurence. He said "some" people live with chronic pain like mine (covering his inexperienced colleages asses no doubt)for the rest of their life and need narcotic pain meds just to get through daily activities.That's when I realized I was in a "catch22" HOPELESS!Damned if I do and damned if I don't have the surgery. They won't admit that what they did caused this. So surely they will not even write to ss adm. that I am disabeled because of their surgeries on me. I feel like less than a man. Thanks for responding and dropping some knowledge on me.I appreciate it.
justme

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Tom wrote:
I had a ventral hernia mesh patch and do have pain in the same area as a result. How do I find out which patch I did receive. Thanks.
Hello Tom,
You need to go to the hospital where you had the surgery, go to medical records and ask for the surgery reports, in those reports there will be a implant record. The stickers that were on your device are attached. It is odd looking mostly blank paper. It will have all the information about your medical device. Name, type, lot number, and size.
kugel Duel mesh with ring made by davol started teh recalls and the litigations. Six out of nine lots were recalled by the fda the remaining 3 were factory withdrawn and redesigned. New redesigned is a overstatment there was no new testing or approval from the FDA. However,they went back on the market.. I had a new redesigned kugel duel mesh with ring... it was explanted within a year in emergency surgery.
There is some confusion on this site about the MDL and lawyers taking cases. The trial judge in the mdl expanded the socpe of the product numbers allowed in the litigation. All duel mesh with ring made by davol can join. My lawyer told me that includes thirty different medical devices. They have the same design and made by the same company, If you need more help contact me at katgilla@cableone.net
justme

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

catch22 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the info. I think it would be hard for the surgerons in my case to say I'm disabeled. They don't even take me seriously. I was going to have the mesh removed because a surgeon at the same hospital said it would relieve the pain but then surely another hernia would reccur. I just went back a month or so ago and finally after a year and a half I got to speak with THEE experienced surgeon (the others including the one who operated on me were "new". The experienced surgeon then told me taking it out would result in the same amount of pain or worse with almost certain reccurence. He said "some" people live with chronic pain like mine (covering his inexperienced colleages asses no doubt)for the rest of their life and need narcotic pain meds just to get through daily activities.That's when I realized I was in a "catch22" HOPELESS!Damned if I do and damned if I don't have the surgery. They won't admit that what they did caused this. So surely they will not even write to ss adm. that I am disabeled because of their surgeries on me. I feel like less than a man. Thanks for responding and dropping some knowledge on me.I appreciate it.
Hello Catch22,
Your dr made a few valid arguements, some people do live with cronic pain. However, more and more people are doing so because of simple hernia repairs. With that said, your dr nest arguement is you could have another recurrance. However, could or would is irravant to the currant situation.
Here is my situation, I had a new redesigned kugle mesh with ring implanted to repair 2 herinas in my mid line. within three days I was back in er. I felt domething break but the er dismissed my concerns, assured me nothing was wrong. Nonetheless six weeks later, with assurance my first patch was not broke I had additional surgery to repair theother four hernia in my abdomin repaired.
justme

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Catch22,
From this point on my life has been a living hell. Every time I went to the er or my dr I was dismissed, with one exception the er, injected me with morphine and sent me home with out a diganosis. For Eight months I was living with Mrsa. They final found out what was causing the fever. so I started antibotics, but in the mean time my hernia sites were explaning, so they said I had more hernias. long story short I went to California. I did not have more hernias the kugle patch broke and for almost a year it was causing damage to my vital organs. when the patch broke the ring started cutting my intestins, then parts of the patch attached to my colon and the list go on.
However my ordeal does not end there, there is allways a chance the herina can reacure. And I am no exceptionto to the rule..shortly after the emergency surgery, I started feeling the infection again. wouldnt you know it the dr in Idaho dismissed me again.. four months later they found mras again.. by this time the infection in my abdomin had compromised my new bio mesh.(Collamend the only bio mesh made by devol not recalled)
on june 6th I am having abdominal wall reconstruction surgery, all four of the patches are going to be removed. The infection and the fact part of my mussel were removed in emergency surgery I was destined to have another surgery.
The point I am trying to make is the longer you go without proper treatment the more damage the pacthes makes. If you have to go to another town or even another state do so.

justme

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Catch22,
Start yuor disability now, dont wait for your dr you might not ever get them to say your disabled and the process of ssd takes a long time.
On another note for those of you applying for disability they delay and denie for as long as they can, I have been denied twice, after that it is time to hire a lawyer, they are allowed to take 25 % but not more than 6,000 dollars, my lawyer informed me of that. The waiting time for a ss trial is more than a year and a half. When the economey sunk, two and a half million people filed for disability
Terrie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

justme wrote:
Catch22,
Start yuor disability now, dont wait for your dr you might not ever get them to say your disabled and the process of ssd takes a long time.
On another note for those of you applying for disability they delay and denie for as long as they can, I have been denied twice, after that it is time to hire a lawyer, they are allowed to take 25 % but not more than 6,000 dollars, my lawyer informed me of that. The waiting time for a ss trial is more than a year and a half. When the economey sunk, two and a half million people filed for disability
Very Very True! I had moved back in 2007, started anew job in a book warehouse, 8-10 night shift, had to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. 3weeks into job, I started getting sick. twisted insides, all signs of a hernia. my family doctor said on poking on adbominal area he said yes but also said that i had thyroid problems and gas diabeties. So with all medical records I filed on line for SSD, it seemed like 6 weeks later was deined. I didn't word something to their liken,so was deined. So I went to area attorney, they said no, but gave me Binder& Binder. Filing goes in steps. Paper work filed in I think jn triple forms. But it does take 18 months. Yet I have heard where others have gotten theirs sooner. I did get it. You do get what they call back pay, I think that adds up from the time you file and they deined you. You can end up with quit a chunk of $$$$$$. Then a monthly check. But don't delay it.
Bruce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

sue henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
janice, i sure hope you are seeing an infectous disease doctor. right after my hernia repair i was having about one half a cup of nasty smelly drainage. the surgeon put me on keflex, it did not help, called his office several times crying. they called in two more refills of the keflex,even though i told them it was not getting better. i demanded a culture on the infection of course the doc should have done this on his own, but didn't for 2 or 3 months. it came back i had e coli and another infection and had to spend 3 days in the hospital on heavy duty antibiotics, one cost 800.00 per tablet, thank god i have insurance. it took another three month to clear it up. i layed on the sofa for 5 months on my back with 4 maxi pads across my belly to catch the drainage. so please i hope you have seen an infectious disease doctor, you have to. good luck god bless, know what you are going thru. hang in there. sue
To anyone who is suffering with infection form mesh complication issues. i recommend that you obtain the book "Hernia Infections"by the late Maximo Deysine, past president of the American Hernia Society. You can order it on Amazon, show it to your infections disease specialist. The book highlights strains of infection not typically cultured for in a lab test. Good luck and hang in there, You are not alone or crazy....Bruce
Bruce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

joe r wrote:
Please let me know if the Johnson & Johnson Ethicon Proleen Mesh patch is recalled.
Hey Joe,

There are no recalls or even warnings yet from the FDA CDRH regarding Ethicon's Prolene PHS, or for any mesh hernia products regarding the issue of base materials (polypropylene, PTFE, ect.) degradation, stiffening and contraction with scarification, adhesion and erosion injuries, migration and chronic pain.
One of the reasons for this according to them is the lack of patients reporting the adverse event to the FDA. You all must make that report, you can go online to www.FDA.gov and search for "Maude" reporting, or call them directly the number is on the site.
Feel better,

Bruce
National Meshoma Foundation
catch22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

justme wrote:
Catch22,
From this point on my life has been a living hell. Every time I went to the er or my dr I was dismissed, with one exception the er, injected me with morphine and sent me home with out a diganosis. For Eight months I was living with Mrsa. They final found out what was causing the fever. so I started antibotics, but in the mean time my hernia sites were explaning, so they said I had more hernias. long story short I went to California. I did not have more hernias the kugle patch broke and for almost a year it was causing damage to my vital organs. when the patch broke the ring started cutting my intestins, then parts of the patch attached to my colon and the list go on.
However my ordeal does not end there, there is allways a chance the herina can reacure. And I am no exceptionto to the rule..shortly after the emergency surgery, I started feeling the infection again. wouldnt you know it the dr in Idaho dismissed me again.. four months later they found mras again.. by this time the infection in my abdomin had compromised my new bio mesh.(Collamend the only bio mesh made by devol not recalled)
on june 6th I am having abdominal wall reconstruction surgery, all four of the patches are going to be removed. The infection and the fact part of my mussel were removed in emergency surgery I was destined to have another surgery.
The point I am trying to make is the longer you go without proper treatment the more damage the pacthes makes. If you have to go to another town or even another state do so.
That is a real horror story! How are you able to get through the day? My barber had mrsa for 9 months (is that how you spell it?)He had a CT scan and they treated him just like you (neglect for sure! malpractice? Doctors do not seem to take you seriously unless your bleeding from everywhere,vomiting and have a fever of 105 degrees. This seems to be quite common (the docs not taking you seriously) That is why I'm just giving up and hoping my primary doc will treat me with have mercy for the rest of my life. I sincerely hope you get these prblems fixed. And if you have to make a major scene right then and there if you know somethings wrong with you after sugery and they want to just get rid of you. Have you seen the story of the woman who had hernia sugery? And she told her surgeon somethings not right! And he sent her home anyway. She ended up dying of periotinitis from a perforated bowel! I hope that "doctor" burns in hell and others like him who let there ego and merciless personality get in the way of treating people. Good luck with your surgery!
All Meshed Up

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

The FDA isn't going to or ever will recognize the problems with Prolene mesh. I have gone to the site 3 times and put my 2 cents in and thats about what its worth. Sorry Bruce, I have given up on anybody helping us. You and I have talked and correspoded for years and I have NO faith in any Lawyer or governmental agency to help us. ITS A SCAM. I will never get better until I die. Thats the fact of things as I see it. I get up every morning and try to have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE but how can I when there isn't a chance in HELL that I will be better? How can I have a positive attitude about being disabled for no fault of my own and not being able to get some sort of compensation from the people that made the crap that has injured me. How can I have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE when NO lawyer will represent me because there are so many ways that I CANNOT SUE instead of the reasons I should be able to sue? Motley Crew won't represent m,e until my ring breaks inside me. So what the hell is the point. I'm wiped out with NO resources and no way to get better. And that is the fact of it. The FDA isn't going to do crap for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,001 - 4,020 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent PRWeb Discussions

Search the PRWeb Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Budco Adds New Automation Capabilities to Meet ... (Jul '10) Jul 5 Mailer101 47
The Beatles Question Jul 3 Gerry Zaragemca 1
Rooms101.com Renews Focus On Vacation Layaway &... (Jun '10) Jul 2 Heather McCloud 22
MAYA - a Psychological Sci-fi Spec Screenplay H... Jul 1 Sachin 1
ronald flynn is a good man (Jul '08) Jun 29 Kim Watchproof 2,098
Renowned Older Women Dating Site Olderwomendati... Jun 23 cougar dating site 1
'OnceUponaTeaPup.com' Now Handles All TeaCup Pu... (Jun '11) Jun '14 Terrie 15
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••