New Website Makes it Easy to Find and...

New Website Makes it Easy to Find and Rate Contractors

Posted in the PRWeb Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hello

Clinton, MA

#1 Jan 22, 2008
Check out this brand new Website:
http://www.contractormonkey.com/drupal
It's for anyone that's looking for a contractor and doesn't know how to find a good one. You can comment, rate contractors, ask questions and invite buddies to join you.
Found a great contractor or want to tell the world about a fraud? Post it on ContractorMonkey!
Anyone can add a page of information on a contractor.
It just started, so not many contractors are listed. I'm counting on the public and contractors to add to the listings and rate. Please get the word out to friends!
One Woman

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 14, 2009
Sure Design, Dan McQuiork...DO NOT USE THIS CONTRACTOR. SLOPPY, UNORGANIZED AND DOES NOT DELIVER WHAT YOU PAY FOR
pooja sharma

Mohali, India

#3 Jan 16, 2009
all rates of tds
pooja sharma

Mohali, India

#4 Jan 16, 2009
detail of tds
lola momma

Patterson, NY

#5 Apr 28, 2009
Please stay away from design4time--Joseph Delvilar! He is slow, can't estimate a job, dosen't finish his work and admits to doing a CRAP job! He is also very condisending to women! As well as very inapropriate by calling women babe, dear and sweetheart! Please if I can give any advise please stay far away!
Tiina

Atlanta, GA

#6 May 29, 2009
WARNING: Do not use Intown Renovations Group, based in Atlanta, GA. They botched our mid-size home renovation. All of the electrical work performed by Gary et al is against code and we blow a fuse every time we turn on specific lights, we are missing small pieces of wall with exposed insulation, our kitchen floor SAGS INCHES after Barry and his crew swore there was enough support, and the painters would not show for days in a row, and now we have lumpy uneven ceilings. And this is just the beginnig of it! Other contractors have LAUGHED AT the work Intown Renovations did. We are not laughing!
pdpowl

Paoli, PA

#7 Oct 21, 2009
Do not use Mr. Robert Lynch of RCL Home Improvements took our money and never completed the job that we paid him for. We hired Mr. Bob Lynch of RCL Home Improvements in April, 2009 to finish our basement. Mr. Lynch started the renovation in May and as of September 2009 he had not completed the job. Taking into consideration, that Bob Lynch promised to complete the job by July 4th, we were very patient with Mr. Lynch and all of his excuses. When he stopped showing up and stopped answering our phones calls in September we had to have the locks changed because he failed to return our key. I will rate the completed portion of the job as 1 star. The work that was completed was ok. He did some extra little things that were not in the contract (which we offered to pay him for) but he did not complete the things that he was paid to do. During the course of the job, Bob Lynch had a lot of excuses as to why certain things were not done or why the job was not totally completed or why him and his crew didn’t show for a week at a time. This would include excuses like “the electrician took your pump to make sure he gets paid” by Bob Lynch. Other excuses would include I can’t find my crew; they are not answering the phone, my girlfriend is in the hospital for a week and so on and on. On everything else, there is not a rating low enough to rate him. This is based on the fact that we paid Bob Lynch for an egress and permits. Bob Lynch did not do the egress and he has not shown us the permits, which we paid for. Five months is a long time to finish a basement. But the bottom line is he took our money and did not complete the job. Even when ServiceMagic intervened, he promised to refund some of our money but never delivered. People, please beware, do not hire this man!
Sophieliam

East Greenwich, RI

#8 Oct 23, 2009
Do not use BRANDON MOULTON or his lawn services in Western Mass. He took my money, never did the work, won't return my calls.

Also, THOMAS MCGARRY of Pioneer Valley Siding. Same thing. Took my money (he insisted on cash) and never did the work. Won't answer my calls.
Wally

Framingham, MA

#9 Nov 11, 2009
I just had some major structure work done on my house. I had the main beam holding up my house replaced as the person who built it did do anything right. My house had sag and the 2x4s holding up my house we rotted. I used Metrowest Home remodeling out of Franklin, MA and they were the best contractors I have ever encountered.
They were friendly, hard working and they did not at all try to rip me off in price. I had gotten about 7 other quotes and they blew the others out of the water. Guys names are Scott Gessing and Chris Kearney. They do everything. Would highly recommend them as they just did a fantastic job. I also wanted to make a point that I am a full time working gal and they worked their schedules completely around me. It was perfect as I really cant afford to leave work early and take days off all the time.
Michele

Livonia Center, NY

#10 Nov 20, 2009
installed wrong color and defective vanity top, vanity that is so close to baseboard heater drawer can't open..........bullied customer to "try" and get final payment before job completion, i.e. sent an invoice for extras that were never discussed.......passive- aggressive......unprofessional ........"plumb perfect, premier bathroom contractor" in Rochester, NY.......buyer BEWARE
Michele

Livonia Center, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2009
Frank Pallo Jr., Perinton Plumbing
Jessica

Newport, RI

#12 Nov 29, 2009
Do not hire Caffrey Construction - owner Matt Caffrey based out of North Providence, RI. He did 90% of the work, took the money for the materials for the remainder and never showed up to finish. Doesn't return my phone calls. At least if he had dropped off the materials I paid for. But he stole that money as well.
fairfaxlady

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Dec 25, 2009
2 contractors to avoid in Fairfax county, VA:

Luis Herrera, "LH-Handyman", [email protected], he is out to rip you off and he milks the job by getting his drywall guy to do things you don't even want done. You can't stand over them every minute and when you come into the room 10 minutes later the guy, who doesn't speak english, has done something else and messed up other stuff in the process. Luis painted touchup paint on the wall a DIFFERENT COLOR than what the wall was.

The 2nd company is fairfaxcarpetcleaning.com and these people also send the worker who barely speaks english then argues with you about the price which was already agreed upon. The carpet was STILL DIRTY after he cleaned it with BIG DIRT SPOTS. I had to stand over him to make him clean them up and all he did was vacum. I was in such a hurry I could not deal better with the issue. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY WHATEVER YOU DO!
HomeFellas

Sayreville, NJ

#15 Jan 18, 2010
I just found the easiest site for finding contractors, and it is super fast too!

www.HomeFellas.com

It will make your search sooo easy.
Michael

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2010
I'm suspicious of any site that has contractors as 'members'.
HomeFellas

Sayreville, NJ

#17 Jan 30, 2010
Its the only way to weed out the crooks. If they sign up and they are tied then it is easier to go after them if they do crooked things. Again, this site is built FREE for users and only with their best interest.

http://www.HomeFellas.com
Randal

Laveen, AZ

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Rob at Sonoran Sun Landscaping is trying obfuscate any responsibility he has for his lack of reliability, which is why I fired him. He seeded a winter lawn in October, but never returned to mow it, even after we'd agreed he'd mow it every two weeks. I finally called him in January asking, "What's the deal?" He once again agreed to mow the lawn, but insisted I pay him in advance, which is why he owes me $40, because he never mowed the lawn again. I've never paid so much for the lawn to look so poor as it has since Rob began to work for me. If I don't receive return of my $40 and my gate key I not only will never do business with Sonoran Sun Landscaping but I will never do business with ToFixit again either.

Since: Feb 10

Sayreville, NJ

#19 Feb 21, 2010
Randal,

I would like to invite you to come and post your review on our site so that others can benefit from your review.

http://homefellas.com/Sonoran+Mountain+Landsc...
Kturns

Wayne, NJ

#20 Mar 26, 2010
It's great weather and time for Spring Lawn Cleanup. I found this great Spring Lawn Care Tips http://www.homefellas.com/blog/spring-lawn-ca... . If you are looking to do it yourself great. Otherwise if you are feeling lazy like me find Lawn Care Services http://www.homefellas.com/lawn+care/find-a-co...
Roy

Fayetteville, NC

#21 Mar 28, 2010
I hired Edwin Dean in Fayetteville, NC to paint my kitchen cabinets. Two weeks later, a three-day cabinet job was less than half done. Moreover, it looked like this brain-dead idiot painted them with a scrub brush. All this numb skull did was stand around making excuses and talking about all the Grateful Dead concerts he went to. I literally had to chase this guy out of my house, less the $500 down payment I gave him for the job. It cost me an additional $800 to hire another painter to straighten out his mess. I later found out this guy was uninsured, unlicensed and never filed taxes. His credentials were as fraudulent as his business cards. Furthermore, he had a highly unfavorable track record with other former customers. Please stay away from this burn-out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

PRWeb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ronald flynn is a good man (Jul '08) 23 hr Anonymous 2,117
News New Tip Sheet on How to Change the Payee of a D... Jun '16 choices 1
News Acadiate Releases Report on Graduate Student Em... Jun '16 chance 1
Pill-Free Migraine Relief Option Eases Pain wit... Jun '16 another 1
News How To Treat Hemorrhoids | How "H Miracle" Help... (May '13) Jun '16 alex 12
Nike Air Max 2015 Mens Jun '16 smdvida 1
News Rooms101.com Renews Focus On Vacation Layaway &... (Jun '10) Jun '16 tipwill 27
More from around the web