Cyberattacks have been targeting government and financial institutions, McAfee says

Aug 3, 2011 Full story: San Jose Mercury News

In the most threatening and widespread case of online espionage ever publicly disclosed, a Silicon Valley Internet security company on Wednesday said it uncovered cyberattacks lasting up to five years directed primarily at U.S. companies and government agencies, threatening the country's economy and national security.

Full Story
Victor

Paramaribo, Suriname

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Jeez, what a shocker, the US government was being hacked for five years and they discover it only now, that's just pitiful. What's even worse is that the government was using McAfee to protect their data, they're better of using Norton, McAfee doesn't protect your computer at all , it only warns you of a threat just before your computer crashes. If the US government was being hacked for five years without knowing than i'm worried, because they supposedly have the most sophisticated software, a lot of good that did them. My advice to them is switch to Norton preferably Norton 2011
p00rman

Melbourne, Australia

#2 Sep 27, 2011
mcafee are one of the most arrogant and useless bunches of crap on the web...the more of these megacorporations that are hacked the happier i get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apple CEO publicly acknowledges that he's gay 1 hr juls 5
Earthquake sensors track urban traffic, too Wed rOBIN hOOD 1
NSA snooping angers France; Obama forced to def... (Oct '13) Oct 23 Swedenforever 4
Movement grows to provide Internet privacy Oct 6 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Russia: Canada 'politicizing' space exploration Oct 1 NAZI RUSSIA 2
Clemson under fire for asking students about se... Sep '14 Does Not Compute 5
SunPass adds cash option for toll accounts (Jul '08) Sep '14 sidrambill 22

Privacy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE