Google Makes Young Girl Cry by Shutting Down Her Account [Updated]

There are 2 comments on the Mashable story from Dec 12, 2011, titled Google Makes Young Girl Cry by Shutting Down Her Account [Updated]. In it, Mashable reports that:

Rich Warren, a software engineer from Houston, Texas, never imagined his daughter would be brought to tears by Google .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mashable.

Vikram

New Delhi, India

#1 Dec 13, 2011
but why what is the reason behind this....??????
doublellnfl

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 13, 2011
i believe if the article is factual the father(Warren) gave permission for the child under 13 to use Google "Warren started a Google account for her daughter so she could stay in touch with her grandparents and friend" if he created the account for her it give his authorization under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, he created it for her that gives Google their permission, and if Google still wont allow it then, boycotts of Google's advertisers is another thought since collection of permission is to difficult for them..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California initiative would bar transgender peo... Apr 22 Ronald 4
News Obama to push for new cybersecurity legislation Apr '15 fyi 4
News Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard (Jun '11) Mar '15 Mr T 387
News RadioShack Sale Sparks Data Privacy Concerns Mar '15 NoOneRewarded 1
News Police body cameras flagged by privacy commissi... Feb '15 Andy 1
News ER wait times: How long will it take? Feb '15 elephantlover 1
News No encryption standard raises health care priva... Feb '15 Your Ex 5
More from around the web