U.S. work permit system stirs immigra...

U.S. work permit system stirs immigration controversy

There are 14 comments on the International Business Times story from Jul 21, 2011, titled U.S. work permit system stirs immigration controversy. In it, International Business Times reports that:

Another front is opening in the divisive U.S. battle on illegal immigration over whether employers should be required to use a controversial Internet-based system to verify worker eligibility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

Juan

Pearland, TX

#1 Jul 22, 2011
E-verify makes errors, gives rise to racial discrimination, hurts farm employers and raises privacy concerns.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 22, 2011
E-verify works. It takes jobs from these parasites and gives the jobs to americans. The parasites self-deport.

“The Sky is Falling”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 22, 2011
No to illegal immigrants.

Location hidden

#4 Jul 22, 2011
Juan wrote:
E-verify makes errors, gives rise to racial discrimination, hurts farm employers and raises privacy concerns.
back it up or shut it up, and we already know what the gov tests of everify say--it works

“The Sky is Falling”

Location hidden

#5 Jul 22, 2011
God bless Legal Immigrants in America who pay their taxes.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 22, 2011
Juan wrote:
Since you're not a citizen, it's none of your business.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#7 Jul 22, 2011
My future in american is my business.

“The Sky is Falling”

Location hidden

#8 Jul 22, 2011
Juan wrote:
My future in american is my business.
America

Press 1 for English
Press 2 for mexican
Press 3 for Tagalog
Press 4 for Indian
Press 5 for Polish
Press 6 for all the other languages and not just mexican
Juan

Pearland, TX

#9 Jul 23, 2011
You'll find that e-verify is not the answer.....the answer is amnesty.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#10 Jul 23, 2011
"An undocumented individual who steals the identity of a U.S. citizen would not be flagged by the network, for example."

First I support e-verify being manditory for every employer including domestic and day labor. Only illegals and criminal employers have any reason to oppose it. The question I have is why can the system not detect a stolen SS#? I understand that if the person it is stolen from does not know it is stolen there is no way to flag the number but what about those that are reported or belong to the deceased? It says "would not be flagged". Does that mean they can be flagged but law or policy prevents it? If so WHY? Isn't that the sort of question real reportes would ask?

“The Sky is Falling”

Location hidden

#11 Jul 23, 2011
Lay eggs in the USA as many as possible. All citizens supported by legal taxpayers. They have 5 children parents harvest lots of money from US taxpayers.

“The Sky is Falling”

Location hidden

#12 Jul 23, 2011
Cross the border and lay eggs.

“The Sky is Falling”

Location hidden

#13 Jul 23, 2011
Mexifornia. 80% of people are Latinos.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#14 Jul 23, 2011
Post 3 at a time you'll have 10,000 before you know it.

All citizens deserve government help if needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New study renews fears about Texas bathroom bil... Apr 18 TerriB1 1
News Trump signs bill blocking online privacy regula... Apr 11 Fort Collins Prog... 84
News Fight breaks out over internet privacy repeal a... Apr 5 Christsharian Dee... 3
News NY attorney general hires former federal prosec... Apr 1 Trump your President 8
News Illinois moves to implement internet privacy sa... Mar 31 BHM5267 2
News Activist seeks to purchase internet histories o... Mar 30 CodeTalker 1
News House pulls plug on Obama-era internet privacy ... Mar 29 Fcvk tRump 3
More from around the web