As records go online, clash over mental care privacy

Jun 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

At her weekly therapy sessions, Julie revealed her most uncomfortable secrets: depression, debt, childhood sexual abuse.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2012
HUMANSPIRIT

High Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Make no statement to mental health worker because they have no science. No medical model. No evidence based medicine and there is no test to determine a chemical imbalance of the brain.

Medical records are introducing corruption based on the hearsay of some doctor that may have alternative motives or a personality flaw in judgement of yours.

I don't see where medical records will of any benefit except to Mark thru patient to other doctors that stand behind each others opinion.
Sandresse

Walpole, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

The privacy of medical records will not be guarded over time.Com puter malfunctions, human error, and government intrusion will violate confidentiality at an increasing rate in the not so distant future.
Information sharing across health networks is being conducted too casually and without respect for the person under medical care. Doctors, remember you took an oath to do no harm. You are still under that oath. Do the honorable thing and preserve the sacred trust which you have been given.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••