Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A New Mexico man's decision to lash out with a billboard ad saying his ex-girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes has touched off a court battle over free speech and privacy rights.
Comments
1 - 20 of 345 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2011
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Free Speech

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Good for him! He has EVERY right to post that, and they cannot make him take it down! Keep the billboard!

Since: Mar 09

New Orleans, LA

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Yes! Let this idiot show everyone what a giant idiot he is for sleeping with someone who wouldn't want to bring a child of his into the world. Smart choice on her part, especially if this is the extent to which he will go to in order to reveal his own passive aggressive insecurities.
gander

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 6, 2011
Maybe she should put up a billboard stating that he is a lousy lay with a tiny penis.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#4 Jun 6, 2011
JoyofLife wrote:
Yes! Let this idiot show everyone what a giant idiot he is for sleeping with someone who wouldn't want to bring a child of his into the world. Smart choice on her part, especially if this is the extent to which he will go to in order to reveal his own passive aggressive insecurities.
Smart choice? woo, must be dark at your house.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 6, 2011
The billboard is FALSE. There s no baby until the fetus takes its first breath. Even if she did abort the fetus, she did not kill his child.

The lady is not a public figure and this sick son of a bitch's efforts to make her one is an invasion of her right to privacy.

Anti-abortion whack jobs are anti-abortion whack jobs

“Adapt, Overcome, & Improvise!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 6, 2011
JoyofLife wrote:
Yes! Let this **** show everyone what a giant **** he is for sleeping with someone who wouldn't want to bring a child of his into the world. Smart choice on her part, especially if this is the extent to which he will go to in order to reveal his own passive aggressive insecurities.
PlacitasRoy wrote:
The billboard is FALSE. There s no baby until the fetus takes its first breath. Even if she did abort the fetus, she did not kill his child.
The lady is not a public figure and this sick son of a bitch's efforts to make her one is an invasion of her right to privacy.
Anti-abortion whack jobs are anti-abortion whack jobs
I'm not saying what this guy did was right or wrong because there aren't enough facts. It will play out in court though, but reading these two comments. You're both nuts.

The first one tries to sound like a "clinical expert" with no objectivity.

The 2nd one, if I read the info right on another forum yesterday, is a therapist. A therapist who can't remain objective is more of a nut and/or "a sick son of a bitch" as you put it. So much for that Freedom of Speech you always want at convenience.

“Adapt, Overcome, & Improvise!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 6, 2011
gander wrote:
Maybe she should put up a billboard stating that he is a lousy lay with a tiny penis.
And you'd know this how? Makes us wonder if you know this because you'd have your mouth wrapped around his business before hand.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#8 Jun 6, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
The billboard is FALSE. There s no baby until the fetus takes its first breath. Even if she did abort the fetus, she did not kill his child.
The lady is not a public figure and this sick son of a ****'s efforts to make her one is an invasion of her right to privacy.
Anti-abortion whack jobs are anti-abortion whack jobs
Yea, its so cool to feel those little fetus's kick, and hear there hearts beat. And everyone know a fetus's dad has no rights. haha, woo. Well until it takes its first breath,, but please dont invade the right of the fetus carrier.... oh i mean lady, ah, no..
TotahStreetJhon

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 6, 2011
Why do Biligaana's women kill their unborn? Why do they kill their born kids(Casey Anthony,Susan Smith,etc..)? WHY???

Since: Oct 10

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 6, 2011
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, its so cool to feel those little fetus's kick, and hear there hearts beat. And everyone know a fetus's dad has no rights. haha, woo. Well until it takes its first breath,, but please dont invade the right of the fetus carrier.... oh i mean lady, ah, no..
HA! Agreed!
John

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#11 Jun 6, 2011
If women have the ONLY decision regarding abortion w/o consulting the father...and if the father has no legal rights. Why does our system require "fathers" to pay child support.

If a father is gonna provide child support....they should have an equal vote in deciding whether the child lives or dies at the start

Continue the status quo of allowing women to be Independent in their "choice" but fathers should also have a "choice" of whether they want to pay child support.

Or am I just an idiot?

Judged:

10

10

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

New Orleans, LA

#12 Jun 6, 2011
John wrote:
If women have the ONLY decision regarding abortion w/o consulting the father...and if the father has no legal rights. Why does our system require "fathers" to pay child support.
If a father is gonna provide child support....they should have an equal vote in deciding whether the child lives or dies at the start
Continue the status quo of allowing women to be Independent in their "choice" but fathers should also have a "choice" of whether they want to pay child support.
Or am I just an idiot?
The reason the courts have consistently ruled in favor of child support is for the child, not the parents. A man has a choice of his dna leaving his body. That's where his choice ends. Both parents invest economically in a child. I think it's more a society thing that expects the woman to care for the child so the man must contribute something economically to help offset costs of the assistance to the human being he contributed dna to. Now, it's arguable if a woman does in fact use said support exclusively for the child, but that is the intended purpose. There's even a new fully reversable one shot wonder male birth control available. Both parties are responsible, but once it's inside of the woman, it cannot be other than her choice. She's the one carrying it around for 9 whole months. Doesn't sound fair, but I really think that if we are supportive of women and their decisions we can eventually reduce all abortions and make this argument null.
I dont get it

Los Alamos, NM

#13 Jun 7, 2011
....so she's not ashamed to kill a baby - just ashamed for everyone to know she did?

Since: Mar 09

New Orleans, LA

#14 Jun 7, 2011
I dont get it wrote:
....so she's not ashamed to kill a baby - just ashamed for everyone to know she did?
And if it was a miscarriage then everyone should have a good laugh at her expense? You're so kind-hearted. I bet you've never known anyone who lost a child. If you did you'd probably follow them around pointing and laughing too.
I dont get it

Los Alamos, NM

#16 Jun 7, 2011
JoyofLife wrote:
<quoted text> And if it was a miscarriage then everyone should have a good laugh at her expense? You're so kind-hearted. I bet you've never known anyone who lost a child. If you did you'd probably follow them around pointing and laughing too.


Abortion is MURDER. A miscarriage is a tragedy. The only person here that I'd point and laugh at is you because you don't seem to grasp the difference.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#17 Jun 7, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No - Just that the world wnow knows she had a relationship with a sick crazy sonofabitch!
Hey dont forget about the fetus thingy, oh wait, what fetus, oh and he is the crazy bitch?

Since: Oct 10

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jun 7, 2011
John wrote:
If women have the ONLY decision regarding abortion w/o consulting the father...and if the father has no legal rights. Why does our system require "fathers" to pay child support.
If a father is gonna provide child support....they should have an equal vote in deciding whether the child lives or dies at the start
Continue the status quo of allowing women to be Independent in their "choice" but fathers should also have a "choice" of whether they want to pay child support.
Or am I just an idiot?
Amen! Very well written!
PLFM

Tuba City, AZ

#19 Jun 7, 2011
I saw a NaT. Geo. special on how cats live in the womb, oh wait, we ain't talking bout cats.
gander

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jun 7, 2011
I dont get it wrote:
....so she's not ashamed to kill a baby - just ashamed for everyone to know she did?
Maybe she's afraid of all the anti-abortion nutcases with guns.
gander

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Jun 7, 2011
Simianus En Obscurus wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'd know this how? Makes us wonder if you know this because you'd have your mouth wrapped around his business before hand.
Adapt AND improvise? Aren't they the same thing? Dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Aug 27 JasonTT 1
Hospital employee fired for comment about Mike ... Aug 2 FedBook down last... 1
American Civil Liberties Union, Santa Cruz chap... Jul '14 ANON 5
White House calls for more privacy laws Jul '14 okimar 3
Is There a Second NSA Leaker Besides Edward Sno... Jul '14 Caspin 1
Rep. Vern Buchanan gets an 'A' for standing aga... Jul '14 Duane Overholt 1
After-shingles pain: Significant impact on elderly (Sep '12) Jun '14 Jack 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Privacy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••