University of Iowa supervisor used ba...

University of Iowa supervisor used baby monitor to try to determine whether secretaries talked to...

There are 13 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 16, 2011, titled University of Iowa supervisor used baby monitor to try to determine whether secretaries talked to.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Top University of Iowa medical officials told employees Wednesday they regretted a supervisor's attempted use of a hidden baby monitor to determine whether secretaries were talking too much, but they claimed the device did not pick up any conversations or violate medical privacy law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 16, 2011
Does Jan Snider still have a job? She shouldn't.

Since: Nov 09

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 16, 2011
If there's anyone you don't want to p_ss off, it's urology secretaries. But seriously, no hard feelings. Oh, yes, Rotgut is making jokes.
Don't we have real problems? Sure, it was a bad idea, but she was just the office supervisor. If this was approved by the department administrator, and it violated the law, then he's the one who should take the fall. As for medical privacy issues, Ms. Snider presumably had access to the same information that the secretaries did. This is no foreign espionage case.
Ultimately, the article says she apologized and removed the device. Geez, get on with life. We have many more pressing issues than petty grudges. If she does it again, well then you might have cause. In the meantime, do we want urology secretaries yacking about our private issues? Peepee-leaks? Move along, not much to see here.

Sorry, now I have to go read about people with real problems, the Japanese for instance.
Smartass

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 16, 2011
UI= University of Igor
Trotsky

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 16, 2011
The Russian cell system is alive and well in the state of Iowa.
well I will be bout time

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 16, 2011
wow, lefties fighting lefties... wonder who will win? and no sensative information was leaked? puhlease, these are baby monitors, anyone within a mile could tap into it, how do they know someone did not hear about a medical condtion outside the hospital?
Don't you love when someone thinks another is not doing enough work and wastes more time in proving it then getting their own job done? Damn busy bodies!
Always Amused

Burnsville, MN

#6 Mar 17, 2011
well I will be bout time wrote:
wow, lefties fighting lefties... wonder who will win? and no sensative information was leaked? puhlease, these are baby monitors, anyone within a mile could tap into it, how do they know someone did not hear about a medical condtion outside the hospital?
Don't you love when someone thinks another is not doing enough work and wastes more time in proving it then getting their own job done? Damn busy bodies!
Maybe they're Jihadists! Maybe they're "leaking" your personal info!
stupid comments

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 17, 2011
Lefties fighting lefties? Huh? Where in did the article did you find this particular piece of information?
well I will be bout time wrote:
Rush Limbaugh

AOL

#8 Mar 17, 2011
Oh, here we go. Unions sticking up for people. This just has to stop!

Shut up, do your job, and then there is nothing to worry about id there!
Ditto Head

AOL

#9 Mar 17, 2011
Ditto`s Rush
Common Cents

United States

#10 Mar 17, 2011
Secretaries? As in there's more than one AND they are unionized? Unheard of in the for-profit world since the 1970s.
Alice Pearce

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 17, 2011
I wonder if she is somehow related to Abner and Gladys Kravitz.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 17, 2011
Reminds me of an old Andy Griffith show when Barney called it his eye in the sky to listen in on Otis the town drunk when he was in a cell... backfired then too.
well I will be bout time

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Mar 17, 2011
stupid comments wrote:
Lefties fighting lefties? Huh? Where in did the article did you find this particular piece of information?
<quoted text>
truly? your that ignorant? an University hospital that is not run by lefties? and a Union...
wow, you better let off on that coolaid their big guy, cause clearly you lost your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Uproar as Capitol Hill pharmacist dishes on pre... Oct '17 Red Crosse 2
News Why does your identity depend on one number? Se... Sep '17 Data 1
News Credit agency pushes feds to give it access to ... Jul '17 Tell em Get lost 1
News Credit agency pushes feds to give it access to ... Jul '17 Tell em Get lost 1
News Credit agency pushes feds to give it access to ... Jul '17 Get lost 1
News New lawsuits filed over Trump commission's requ... Jul '17 Pessimist 3
News When Can a School Search a Student's Bag? May '17 They cannot kill ... 1
More from around the web