Fired director files lawsuit against ...

Fired director files lawsuit against city of Red Bluff

There are 14 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Fired director files lawsuit against city of Red Bluff. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

A civil lawsuit has been filed against the city of Red Bluff by its former finance director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

hosehead

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2011
i do not believe anything mr. nichols says.
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Nichols should be fired. He has not positively contributed to the community in any way. He sold us out on Lake Red Bluff. He doesn't care enough about Red Bluff to live here. I hope Margeret prevails, but rarely does anyone win in a lawsuit against the county or city, because our judges always rule in favor of the good ole' boys and it usually destroys what's left of the life of the defendent.

It would be nice if our City Council could think for themselves, instead of being blindly around by their nose by Nichols and Bill Moule. This city could be something great! As long as our "leaders allow and condone such blatant corruption, nepotism and abuse of power in our community, things are not going to get better.

Nichols and all department heads need to have their wages cut back to $100,000.00 plus insurance and benefits. Cut their bloated paychecks, before you take any more away from the public employees actually contributing and serving Red Bluff.
Al Reine

United States

#3 Feb 25, 2011
How much is this law suit going to cost the legal tax payers of Red Bluff ??
craig

United States

#4 Feb 25, 2011
Al Reine wrote:
Probably everything that Nichol's has left in the city budget.
Prinz

AOL

#5 Feb 26, 2011
The City of RB will lose this time, because Judges only can follow Law, not make it up as they go.
Now she will need 12 Citizens that see RB as it was, not how it is.
I hope this will show other Citizens that even our Rulers have to follow Law.
As for Our County Supervisors following Law in a County Ordinance, we will See a upper Court show Us all how Our Judges only think about Law in Tehama County, not All of Calif.
When in Court in Tehama County always use a Jury, never the Judges.
The Judges in Our County control the Crime, by only thinking that a CLASS can help a sick person from DRINKING Alcohol, Meth, Legal Heroin Oxy's, and this Classes will stop the Addiction.
Judges aren't Doctor's, Meth & Alcohol & Oxy's when taken wrong, makes a person a addict.
How does a Doctor help a Addict, by giving them a better & safer way to control their ADDICTION. At this point the Judges only see criminals NOT Addicts.
But what would Help these Tehama County Addicts?
Cannnabis, CANNABIS, Cannabis. And for you Citizens that Don't know what Cannabis is?
MARIJUANA,Marijuana, MARIJUANA.
Judges need to allow these Addicts help and with Cannabis these Citizens would be Using State Law. So what I am saying, Citizens that believe they Are ADDICTS, USE Cannabis legally..... Stop the Control of the Judges.. Citizens have Law, Our Judges only have Tehama County Law.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 26, 2011
sounds like typical "good ole boy" treatment of a city employee that's gone rogue to their system .

Location hidden

#7 Feb 26, 2011
Prinz wrote:
The City of RB will lose this time, because Judges only can follow Law, not make it up as they go.
Now she will need 12 Citizens that see RB as it was, not how it is.
I hope this will show other Citizens that even our Rulers have to follow Law.
As for Our County Supervisors following Law in a County Ordinance, we will See a upper Court show Us all how Our Judges only think about Law in Tehama County, not All of Calif.
When in Court in Tehama County always use a Jury, never the Judges.
The Judges in Our County control the Crime, by only thinking that a CLASS can help a sick person from DRINKING Alcohol, Meth, Legal Heroin Oxy's, and this Classes will stop the Addiction.
Judges aren't Doctor's, Meth & Alcohol & Oxy's when taken wrong, makes a person a addict.
How does a Doctor help a Addict, by giving them a better & safer way to control their ADDICTION. At this point the Judges only see criminals NOT Addicts.
But what would Help these Tehama County Addicts?
Cannnabis, CANNABIS, Cannabis. And for you Citizens that Don't know what Cannabis is?
MARIJUANA,Marijuana, MARIJUANA.
Judges need to allow these Addicts help and with Cannabis these Citizens would be Using State Law. So what I am saying, Citizens that believe they Are ADDICTS, USE Cannabis legally..... Stop the Control of the Judges.. Citizens have Law, Our Judges only have Tehama County Law.
wtf?

Location hidden

#8 Feb 26, 2011
Al Reine wrote:
Obama lovers like you and you're lib friends have nothing to worry about.
Tanya

Chico, CA

#9 Feb 26, 2011
hosehead wrote:
i do not believe anything mr. nichols says.
She was worse than even words or nichols could say about her.
Tanya

Chico, CA

#10 Feb 26, 2011
They did follow the law, That is why she is gone! Can not wait for all she did to people becomes public.
Tanya

Chico, CA

#11 Feb 26, 2011
Pat Johnston wrote:
Nichols should be fired. He has not positively contributed to the community in any way. He sold us out on Lake Red Bluff. He doesn't care enough about Red Bluff to live here. I hope Margeret prevails, but rarely does anyone win in a lawsuit against the county or city, because our judges always rule in favor of the good ole' boys and it usually destroys what's left of the life of the defendent.
It would be nice if our City Council could think for themselves, instead of being blindly around by their nose by Nichols and Bill Moule. This city could be something great! As long as our "leaders allow and condone such blatant corruption, nepotism and abuse of power in our community, things are not going to get better.
Nichols and all department heads need to have their wages cut back to $100,000.00 plus insurance and benefits. Cut their bloated paychecks, before you take any more away from the public employees actually contributing and serving Red Bluff.
As usual you have not a clue what happened for the legal firing of her. I would sure like to know which Dept. head is making over $100,000.00, just another rambling in your little world of make believe.
Prinz

AOL

#12 Feb 27, 2011
@ Tanya.......... Please just look at what the Top Cop makes? it is well over $100,000. But we see him put 4 Officers on Duty for free, free How does a Cop work for free?
It looks like they will get benefits from the Criminals..........
What I want to know is what will they do with these Benefits?
And if they can work for Free, why can others?
Sheriff,DA,Judges,but they can't. So how can these four RB cops do it?
Prinz

AOL

#13 Feb 27, 2011
Will they get kick backs from the Rich they pull over? Just like the Mexican's do in Mexico?
Is this what RB cops have become?
Is this why Citizens are see more crime?
The Criminals don't have money, this is why they break Law.
Why don't we have a Watch Dog group in RB to oversee this kind of things?
More Citizens need to come to the City Council & County Supervisors meetings to see and hear for your self on how they believe & what they do for All of Us.
It is SAD..........very SAD......
Tanya

Chico, CA

#14 Feb 27, 2011
Prinz wrote:
@ Tanya.......... Please just look at what the Top Cop makes? it is well over $100,000. But we see him put 4 Officers on Duty for free, free How does a Cop work for free?
It looks like they will get benefits from the Criminals..........
What I want to know is what will they do with these Benefits?
And if they can work for Free, why can others?
Sheriff,DA,Judges,but they can't. So how can these four RB cops do it?
What cops are working for free? You are miss informed, the MOU will not permit it. They can not volunteer for free even if they wished to do so themselves, and they should never be expected too either. The Dept. heads gave 12% of there pay just as the other employees for the city did. There are employees making more than their Dept. heads are. Most Dept. heads make under 52,000 a year with no over time pay. Some are the lowest paid Dept. heads in their field in all of ca and they already pay 100% of their own retirement and most of the health insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toronto firm files statement of claim against p... 1 hr Beware place like... 1
News Spouses have bathroom privacy rights, Minnesota... (Mar '10) Jul 19 Phineas 40
News Poll: Utahns oppose public bathroom accommodati... Jul 6 TerriB1 1
News Education key to preventing medical record snoo... Jul 4 Her 1
News Columbus schools' chief sent special team into ... Jun 25 Big Johnson 3
News New Hong Kong identity card will be smarter and... (Jan '15) May '16 Anonymous 3
News Residents have privacy rights with garbage May '16 criminally insane 7
More from around the web