Local Oversight of Prescription Medications Is Far More Focused Than State, Federal Controls

Sep 26, 2011 Full story: Noozhawk

Related links are below.] Prescribing controlled substances is a highly regulated process, especially as abuse and addiction become more prevalent, but oversight is fractured between agencies with the burden falling on local health-care providers.

Full Story
T K Lawson RPhT

San Jose, CA

#1 Sep 28, 2011
Local control is always the best determinant. Safeguards are too cumbersome. Drug addiction, physically is the way of those who imbibe in tobacco, ETOH and taking a drug with a likelihood to initiate the Rx's in such a way inapproiate or abuse that is harmful to anyone associated without a ethical. way and with the proper protocol to the well being of all concerned.
T K Lawson RPhT

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 29, 2011
Of those on jail/ prison medical treatment is not given any serious mention
TK Lawson Pharm Tech

Fresno, CA

#3 Sep 29, 2011
I find some rules are meant to ignore. I'm almost 60, but resent a 19 Yr old kid saying, Oh, you will have to stand over there. or not today,tomorrow,cause the Co won't pay for you to get the meds a day early.-OK, I'll pay cash instead because you are closed tomorrow and I prefer not to drive another 12 miles for allowing me to have less next month as you aren't open. Oh- can you pronounce trimethaprim/sulfamethathoxazo le?Please tell me what he Mgr. says as I grow frustrated that your system is ineffective,superfluous,caprec ious,over regulated... BLAH, BLAH..AD NEAUASEUM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia: Canada 'politicizing' space exploration 1 hr NAZI RUSSIA 2
Clemson under fire for asking students about se... Sep 21 Does Not Compute 5
SunPass adds cash option for toll accounts (Jul '08) Sep 12 sidrambill 22
Photo hacking rekindles digital privacy worries Sep 3 minluo 3
White House calls for more privacy laws Sep 3 lolol 6
United States farmers concerned about data priv... Sep 3 Truth Seeking Gin... 1
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Aug '14 JasonTT 1

Privacy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE