Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion ...

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard in Alamogordo (5:59 p.m.)

There are 64 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 7, 2011, titled Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard in Alamogordo (5:59 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A New Mexico man's decision to lash out with a billboard ad saying his ex-girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes has touched off a legal debate over free speech and privacy rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#74 Jun 9, 2011
I've seen a couple of posts that state the girl was disabled. I didn't see that in the article, but if she is disabled, the age of consent issue changes depending on her disability. He could be in for more trouble than he, or any of us, thinks.
JjJ

Las Cruces, NM

#75 Jun 9, 2011
read the threads wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked on the court's website and I haven't seen anything filed in court by her.
CNN just did an interview with the would be dad and his attorney. They stated that both of the people involved worked in the same building. She has declined to be interviewed by CNN.

A judge has given the male a certain number of days to take the billboard down or it will be done for him at his expense. That indicates there was some kind of legal action. He said he would not take the billboard down as he believes it is important to father's rights.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#76 Jun 9, 2011
JjJ wrote:
<quoted text>CNN just did an interview with the would be dad and his attorney. They stated that both of the people involved worked in the same building. She has declined to be interviewed by CNN.
A judge has given the male a certain number of days to take the billboard down or it will be done for him at his expense. That indicates there was some kind of legal action. He said he would not take the billboard down as he believes it is important to father's rights.
Thanks for this info. IMO, he's a jerk. There are many other legal and non-incendiary ways to advocate for a father's rights.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#77 Jun 9, 2011
JjJ wrote:
<quoted text>CNN just did an interview with the would be dad and his attorney. They stated that both of the people involved worked in the same building. She has declined to be interviewed by CNN.
Men don't accrue father's rights until they are fathers. They cannot be fathers until the fetus takes its fist breath. Until the fetus takes its first breathe he is nothing more than a sperm donor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The transgender 'bathroom bill': Who wants it-m... Jan 4 Beauty QUEEN 4
News Men are weirdly concerned about trans women's u... Dec 29 TerriB1 1
News School locker searches useful, if used with cau... (Nov '07) Dec '16 deadpool 166
News Presidential commission urges better cybersecur... Dec '16 Flavor757 7
News Off Deadline: Is 'privacy' dead, or dying, in t... Nov '16 John Podesta 1
News "Spying billboards" under fire for using phone ... (May '16) Oct '16 Cordwainer Trout 4
News Tupelo businessman survives West Nile Sep '16 Fair Justice 6
More from around the web