We swear to God, this face-recognizin...

We swear to God, this face-recognizing doorbell is not a joke

There are 18 comments on the VentureBeat story from Apr 1, 2014, titled We swear to God, this face-recognizing doorbell is not a joke. In it, VentureBeat reports that:

Check this out: Your doorbell can recognize you, your family, and your friends. Also your mail carrier, your ex, and those thoughtful but persistent Jehovah's Witnesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at VentureBeat.

hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#1 Apr 2, 2014
LOL!

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 2, 2014
I'm thinking that with a photograph of the house owner's face it will let anyone through the door....

“Hebrews 13:8”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 12, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
I'm thinking that with a photograph of the house owner's face it will let anyone through the door....
Dishonest people always think the way you do.
Pat

AOL

#4 Apr 12, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DAN glad to see you posting .

Location hidden

#5 Apr 12, 2014
It's nice to see you posting too!

Sorry I have been real busy for the past 8 months or so.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 13, 2014
Oh, that's ok. There's over a hundred different people that can take different turns at that door. Just how large is the doorbell's face memory database?

Then there is wearing sunglasses ...

A woman wearing her hair in a peek-a-boo ...

Presenting your face as a profile ...

Or standing out of the field of view of that doorbell.

The playful JW may even make funny faces throwing-off the doorbell's face scanning software. LOL

Now you have to answer the door and ask who is there. And there goes all the thousands you spent on that silly doorbell.

Having said that, I think the device is good and a good idea ONLY IF you preserve a select database of faces it scans for un-keyed entrance to the home. Better have it and the lock mechanism battery backed in the case of blackouts - it won't help you to get in without the key if it is only powered by the power grid. LOL

Remember, the JW is not interested in getting into your home but talking to you at your doorstep. Going inside the home to continue the conversation comfortably is optional and must be agreed to by both parties.

:)

Location hidden

#7 Apr 13, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour people can't take a joke. Shortsighted people don't see far ahead.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 13, 2014
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour people can't take a joke. Shortsighted people don't see far ahead.
Stupid and gullible people invade other people's privacy to sell a false religion.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid and gullible people invade other people's privacy to sell a false religion.
If opposites attract, then I'm happy to be your happy, truthful, kind, and polite counterpart.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#10 Apr 14, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
Not according to the manufacturers. They have added features to the unit to check for micro-movements that indicate it is a living person and not a photo or a mask.

RI

#11 Apr 14, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
It's nice to see you posting too!
Sorry I have been real busy for the past 8 months or so.
Been wondering where you were.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 14, 2014
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the manufacturers. They have added features to the unit to check for micro-movements that indicate it is a living person and not a photo or a mask.
Sounds foolproof.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 14, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds foolproof.
Yeah, let's see how well it will distinguish a photo from the real thing.

The Government uses 3-dimensional recognition. And adding skin texture analysis for even more foolproofing. These Government toys are not cheap.

These will probably won't hit the price mark for high end consumer purchase for another ten years.

Much cheaper to simply answer the doorbell, guys!

LOL

Location hidden

#14 Apr 14, 2014
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
If opposites attract, then I'm happy to be your happy, truthful, kind, and polite counterpart.
I'd settle for truthful. But you have never been truthful.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 14, 2014
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Been wondering where you were.
I'm working on new projects and it is truly unbelievable.

I've looked in a few times and all I see is the came gullible and ignorant bunch trying to tell everyone how to accept the lies preached by Satan's cult.

Do you have my gmail address?

If so, I would enjoy telling you about my absolute unbelievable project.

RI

#16 Apr 14, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
<quoted text>
I've looked in a few times and all I see is the came gullible and ignorant bunch trying to tell everyone how to accept the lies preached by Satan's cult.
Sent you a PM

“GOD IS LOVE”

Since: Aug 09

WE ARE ALL ONE

#17 Apr 15, 2014
Mega Rude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to see you posting again. I'm glad that all is well!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#18 Apr 15, 2014
Boni wrote:
Oh, that's ok. There's over a hundred different people that can take different turns at that door. Just how large is the doorbell's face memory database?
Then there is wearing sunglasses ...
A woman wearing her hair in a peek-a-boo ...
Presenting your face as a profile ...
Or standing out of the field of view of that doorbell.
The playful JW may even make funny faces throwing-off the doorbell's face scanning software. LOL
Now you have to answer the door and ask who is there. And there goes all the thousands you spent on that silly doorbell.
Having said that, I think the device is good and a good idea ONLY IF you preserve a select database of faces it scans for un-keyed entrance to the home. Better have it and the lock mechanism battery backed in the case of blackouts - it won't help you to get in without the key if it is only powered by the power grid. LOL
Remember, the JW is not interested in getting into your home but talking to you at your doorstep. Going inside the home to continue the conversation comfortably is optional and must be agreed to by both parties.
Fortunatley there is a database of chil predators that would be detected when one of your fellow brothers who is a convicted child predator rings that door bell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CyberGhost is a VPN that stands out, and not ju... Mon AmeliaClock 1
News The extremist approach to GDPR: Some US publish... May 15 No doubt 1
News Liberals upset that license plate readers are u... May 6 libintorgweb 3
News Franken blasts Facebook in first address since ... May 3 whiney beech 6
News Does the Facebook data scandal raise questions ... Apr '18 Meanwhile in Canada 1
News Child advocates ask FTC to investigate YouTube Apr '18 anonymous 2
News Parkland student fills his clear backpack with ... Apr '18 msdhsdonefockedup 19