Pharmacy board's actions raise questions about ethics, patienta

Mar 30, 2014 Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A powerful member of the Indiana Board of Pharmacy was quietly involved in discussions with state pharmacy regulators about a $100 million project that benefited his employer - Walgreens pharmacies.

Full Story

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2014
Story from the right side of this page "Pharmacy board's actions raise questions about ethics, patient privacy, safety".(
Interesting timing since I was just wondering recently what happened to the full-on push for Well Experience stores being the wave of the future and the thing that was going to propel Walgreen forward.)

Some interesting paragraphs from the indystar website -

A powerful member of the Indiana Board of Pharmacy was quietly involved in discussions with state pharmacy regulators about a $100 million project that benefited his employer — Walgreens pharmacies.

In one email, the executive director of the pharmacy board asked top state officials whether board members could travel to Illinois to visit Walgreen headquarters.“This is a specific request from my Board President,” wrote Phil Wickizer, referring to Cover.

The licensing association warned that the meeting in Chicago might violate Indiana’s open doors laws, and in a subsequent email, Wickizer reported to Walgreen officials that the board would go in two groups to avoid a quorum, which would require public notice.
EXAasm

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2014
livinginavan wrote:
Story from the right side of this page "Pharmacy board's actions raise questions about ethics, patient privacy, safety".(
Interesting timing since I was just wondering recently what happened to the full-on push for Well Experience stores being the wave of the future and the thing that was going to propel Walgreen forward.)
Some interesting paragraphs from the indystar website -
A powerful member of the Indiana Board of Pharmacy was quietly involved in discussions with state pharmacy regulators about a $100 million project that benefited his employer — Walgreens pharmacies.
In one email, the executive director of the pharmacy board asked top state officials whether board members could travel to Illinois to visit Walgreen headquarters.“This is a specific request from my Board President,” wrote Phil Wickizer, referring to Cover.
The licensing association warned that the meeting in Chicago might violate Indiana’s open doors laws, and in a subsequent email, Wickizer reported to Walgreen officials that the board would go in two groups to avoid a quorum, which would require public notice.
Can you post the link? Thanks.
EXAasm

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2014
Oops!! Sorry. I missed it. Lack of sleep working for wag.... Thanks.
EXAasm

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2014
Just read the entire article. Good info, although not surprising. This is basically Walgreens again ducking legal requirements to promote their goals. It's fine to promote goals, it's good to build ties with local governments and communities, and good for business. My issue is that Walgreens executed this in an unethical manner. The company should have and needs to respect state laws and not influence them, as seems to be the case here.
Chuckles

Sioux City, IA

#5 Apr 2, 2014
I think Walgreens writes the state laws via people it employs on a part time to full time basis. I think state pharmacist associations are ethically lobotomized pursuant to attaining Walgreens corporate goals. I'd go so far as to say the profession of pharmacy has been trashed by Walgreens' tail wagging the dog. Pharmacists are too fat and happy to take a stand for their profession. They deserve to be replaced by highly trained techs, since that is effectively what they have chosen to become by abdicating their professional responsibilities to demand safe staffing levels for patient care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Privacy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Movement grows to provide Internet privacy Oct 6 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Russia: Canada 'politicizing' space exploration Oct 1 NAZI RUSSIA 2
Clemson under fire for asking students about se... Sep 21 Does Not Compute 5
SunPass adds cash option for toll accounts (Jul '08) Sep '14 sidrambill 22
Photo hacking rekindles digital privacy worries Sep '14 minluo 3
White House calls for more privacy laws Sep '14 lolol 6
United States farmers concerned about data priv... Sep '14 Truth Seeking Gin... 1

Privacy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE