Official: Troops bomb pirate base in ...

Official: Troops bomb pirate base in Somali region

There are 3 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Jun 6, 2012, titled Official: Troops bomb pirate base in Somali region. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

MOGADISHU, Somalia An official from the autonomous Somali region of Puntland says its forces launched an aerial attack targeting a pirate leader in Somalia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Danjire

Ethiopia

#1 Jun 8, 2012
The international community and those that have no credibility and corrupt TFG & Puntland Governments, and who indeed are living on the loots and receving sizeabkle shares from the Pirates, are projecting counter offensive efforts on international waters piracy.

There is no secret that economic piracy is actively taking place under the watch of the international community.

My question is:
What action the international community, specially the UN Security Council, are prepared to take to stop their nationalities and other nations who are actively and knowingly engaged in economic piracy on the coasts of Somalia and the frequent dumping of chemical wastes on the EEZ of Somalia?

While I do not condone piracy of any form, the international community is assured, Until the economic piracy is tackled, piracy will continue as citizens of Somalia will host them, as they consider it a legitimate retaliation of the world's conspiracy to rob Somalia of its resources.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 8, 2012
Well done. Associated Press is confirming an article it wrote 2 years ago stating that Puntland has air assets, as shown in the video by Fox News.

3 to 6 helicopters. Very nice.
hello

Sandvika, Norway

#3 Jul 9, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piracy News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Africa: Safeguarding Africa's Seaports to Safeg... Jul '16 barthblede 1
News Kickass Torrents' huge file sharing site shut d... (Jul '16) Jul '16 filip3ff 1
News PCG exercises with Japan counterparts not linke... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Ainu 2
News Weapons seized by Australia may have come from ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Laurice Tatum 1
Where can I buy a pirate ship and how long does... (Oct '08) Feb '16 Pirate enthusiast 61
News Obama's "Appeasement" Approach to Foreign Polic... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Japan to strengthen Naval ties with India (Dec '11) Oct '15 HEOMOIAUSSIEMDEBD... 24
More from around the web