Romney must stop running from Romneyc...

Romney must stop running from RomneycareA

There are 102 comments on the New York Daily News story from Jun 6, 2012, titled Romney must stop running from RomneycareA. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Gecan and Andes: In 2006, then-Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney helped save the lives of two sick women: Tammy Stafford and Lavern Barnes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#63 Jun 8, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>Romney was knee deep in the negotiations. He wanted a lot of changes made that were not god. The Democrats ahd one of two choices , pass it over his veto or negotiate and not own it entirely. The Democrats chose to negotiate. The only people gripping are the ones who dont have insurance and can psy for it or dont want to pay and let the taxpayers pay for their medical. If you dont pay they take your refunds and haul inot court to see what your finances look like. Then if you lies about your coverage yheir is the perjury part of your statement.
I'm not sure what you said, can you say it again?

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#64 Jun 8, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you said, can you say it again?
It is quite simple if you have financil means, you must buy insurance. If you dont, you will have the wrath of the MA Dept of Revenue on your case. The Democrats have 85% of the members of the legislature and they could have passed it over Romney's veto, but they would have owned a mess since Romney wanted changes that were not radical like the democrats wanted. It is very simple, the democrats version was very bad and Romney made them change it, MA has the ballot to change this law but no one has attempted to do so. There are now about 2,000 people in the state who will be pating the piper shortly.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#65 Jun 8, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>It is quite simple if you have financil means, you must buy insurance. If you dont, you will have the wrath of the MA Dept of Revenue on your case. The Democrats have 85% of the members of the legislature and they could have passed it over Romney's veto, but they would have owned a mess since Romney wanted changes that were not radical like the democrats wanted. It is very simple, the democrats version was very bad and Romney made them change it, MA has the ballot to change this law but no one has attempted to do so. There are now about 2,000 people in the state who will be pating the piper shortly.
how much $$ does the piper expect?

Whitman,Ma

#66 Jun 8, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
how much $$ does the piper expect?
$2.000 dollar fine.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#67 Jun 9, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>$2.000 dollar fine.
2k?
they should have just gotten insurance.
or......., that's a small price to pay to nat have to pay 6k a year for coverage.

Whitman,Ma

#68 Jun 10, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
2k?
they should have just gotten insurance.
or......., that's a small price to pay to nat have to pay 6k a year for coverage.
Now you get and they will get it too. Romney Kare is nothing like Obummer Kare. I had Obummer Kare in the Navy for 22 years and it sucked. The first thing I did when I retired from the Navy in 74 was to look for a job with good medical benefits. I found it with a state college. Now I have been covered by the state program for 16 years and never had one problem. I can call the company overseeing my insurance which is a Medicare Extension and get someone who speaks English. If I dont like what I hear I can get a supervisor and if I dont like that answer I can go to the GIC and get my answer. I have never had to go beyond the first person to get an answer. They also run my prescription program with CVS. The best thing about this is if I live in MA, I never get a balance billing for medical services beyond my deductable so long as it pertains to the medical condition. I spent 8 days in the hosptial and during this time I could not have a telephone or TV. I had an extremely bad case of shingles and I almost went to the happy hunting ground. I went back to hospital 10 days later and my bill was already paid. If I had a telephone or TV, Iw ould have had to pay that. If I go to ER I pay $25, if admitted it is "0" and I have a $35 deductable on office visits which covers all office visits. I am happy here. The other thing I like is now my military pension and state retirement are state tax free. The first 20 years I was out< I had to pay tax on my military pension until the state had to do something or state pensions would have started to be taxed, thanks to Fleet Resrve Association and other organizations. Hope this hels you see that Romney Kare is not anything like Obummer Kare. I see that Romney is ahead in the polls in NC. Maybe there is hope for the Tarheels. I call my friends in NC and let them know that Romney is not fox in the henhouse.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#69 Jun 10, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>Now you get and they will get it too. Romney Kare is nothing like Obummer Kare. I had Obummer Kare in the Navy for 22 years and it sucked. The first thing I did when I retired from the Navy in 74 was to look for a job with good medical benefits. I found it with a state college. Now I have been covered by the state program for 16 years and never had one problem. I can call the company overseeing my insurance which is a Medicare Extension and get someone who speaks English. If I dont like what I hear I can get a supervisor and if I dont like that answer I can go to the GIC and get my answer. I have never had to go beyond the first person to get an answer. They also run my prescription program with CVS. The best thing about this is if I live in MA, I never get a balance billing for medical services beyond my deductable so long as it pertains to the medical condition. I spent 8 days in the hosptial and during this time I could not have a telephone or TV. I had an extremely bad case of shingles and I almost went to the happy hunting ground. I went back to hospital 10 days later and my bill was already paid. If I had a telephone or TV, Iw ould have had to pay that. If I go to ER I pay $25, if admitted it is "0" and I have a $35 deductable on office visits which covers all office visits. I am happy here. The other thing I like is now my military pension and state retirement are state tax free. The first 20 years I was out< I had to pay tax on my military pension until the state had to do something or state pensions would have started to be taxed, thanks to Fleet Resrve Association and other organizations. Hope this hels you see that Romney Kare is not anything like Obummer Kare. I see that Romney is ahead in the polls in NC. Maybe there is hope for the Tarheels. I call my friends in NC and let them know that Romney is not fox in the henhouse.
so, I have a couple of questions.......
1) how did you have "Obummer Kare" for 22 years? I ask because technically, it's not in effect yet.
2) are you saying that you fall under Medicaid?
(I think the whole mess could have been avoided if they had just expanded Medicaid to include ALL income levels)

Whitman,Ma

#70 Jun 10, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
so, I have a couple of questions.......
1) how did you have "Obummer Kare" for 22 years? I ask because technically, it's not in effect yet.
2) are you saying that you fall under Medicaid?
(I think the whole mess could have been avoided if they had just expanded Medicaid to include ALL income levels)
I was under governmemnt health care in the Navy. It is just like Obummer Kare. If I was in my home port, I had to get a non availabilty certificate for any care for my family since they lived 75 miles away. In the Navy you just cant take a personal day to attend to these things. The care was not up to standards. I had an operation in a Naval Hospital and I am laying there on the table and about halfway through, the person at my head says, "Captain, you have to ruch this procedure up, this guy has lost a lot of blood and we dont have his blood type". The irony of this was they had my blood type wrong for the whole 22 years I was in the Navy and so did thousands of others in the 50s. Then I had an infection in my leg that the doctors treated wrong and it turned to gangrene. I checked into the naval Hospital in Chelsea and my lucky stars were with me. A Navy LCDR was on active duty and he was one of the best in the world. He later became the head ofMA Gen Hosp and The harvard pathology Schoo. he took over my case personallly and would come back to oversee my treatment which lasted over 2 months. I knew I had a great doctor when Commanding Offcer said "YES SIR" to him. That is only a few things that happened to me and there are more sstories about care under the government. That is exactly what Obummer Kare is but then it had another name. You can see that the first thing i did when I retired was to look for a job with great heath care benfits. Hope this helps you with the question.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#71 Jun 11, 2012
Sue Robbins wrote:
<quoted text>
Harv.......What did you think of Obama totally abandoning his union buddies and the Democrats who supported him last election in Wisconsin? As they say, Obama continues to be All Hat and No Cattle. No wonder he prefers to spend time in Hollywood amongst the priveleged 1% ers. He has NOTHING in common with WORKING PEOPLE.
Same thing I think of most GOP talking points...not much.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#72 Jun 11, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>Now you get and they will get it too. Romney Kare is nothing like Obummer Kare. I had Obummer Kare in the Navy for 22 years and it sucked. The first thing I did when I retired from the Navy in 74 was to look for a job with good medical benefits. I found it with a state college...blah, blah.... Hope this hels you see that Romney Kare is not anything like Obummer Kare. I see that Romney is ahead in the polls in NC. Maybe there is hope for the Tarheels. I call my friends in NC and let them know that Romney is not fox in the henhouse.
So to you your Navy healthcare was like "Obummer Kare," which hasn't started yet and you clearly know nothing about, but "Romneycare" is just like your current private healthplan?

Are they treating you for Alzheimers?:)

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#73 Jun 11, 2012
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>I was under governmemnt health care in the Navy. It is just like Obummer Kare. If I was in my home port, I had to get a non availabilty certificate for any care for my family since they lived 75 miles away. In the Navy you just cant take a personal day to attend to these things. The care was not up to standards. I had an operation in a Naval Hospital and I am laying there on the table and about halfway through, the person at my head says, "Captain, you have to ruch this procedure up, this guy has lost a lot of blood and we dont have his blood type". The irony of this was they had my blood type wrong for the whole 22 years I was in the Navy and so did thousands of others in the 50s. Then I had an infection in my leg that the doctors treated wrong and it turned to gangrene. I checked into the naval Hospital in Chelsea and my lucky stars were with me. A Navy LCDR was on active duty and he was one of the best in the world. He later became the head ofMA Gen Hosp and The harvard pathology Schoo. he took over my case personallly and would come back to oversee my treatment which lasted over 2 months. I knew I had a great doctor when Commanding Offcer said "YES SIR" to him. That is only a few things that happened to me and there are more sstories about care under the government. That is exactly what Obummer Kare is but then it had another name. You can see that the first thing i did when I retired was to look for a job with great heath care benfits. Hope this helps you with the question.
Excellent post.

TY for your service.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#74 Jun 11, 2012
You have to excuse Harvey, he is a product of years of liberalism which is like Alzhiemers, but as Holder showed us Friday, you can't only not remember, but also have a sevear case of the stupids.

Perpignan

#75 Jun 11, 2012
Fed: Americans’ wealth dropped 40 percent

By Ylan Q. Mui, Updated: Monday, June 11, 1:18 PM The Washington Post

The net worth of the American family has fallen to its lowest level in two decades, according to government data released Monday, driven by a more than 40 percent drop in their stakes in their homes.

The Federal Reserve’s detailed survey of consumer finances showed families’ median wealth plunged from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010 — a 39 percent decline. That put them on par with median wealth in 1992.

OBAMA: ANY JOB WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL…………DISTRUCTION IS AT HAND.

ZOGBY: Young voters dropping out...

Whitman,Ma

#76 Jun 11, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
So to you your Navy healthcare was like "Obummer Kare," which hasn't started yet and you clearly know nothing about, but "Romneycare" is just like your current private healthplan?
Are they treating you for Alzheimers?:)
Think about it as looking like your relative.

Whitman,Ma

#77 Jun 11, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
TY for your service.
Thank you, you understand what I have been saying.
Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#78 Jun 11, 2012
Ron Paul is the best and the only solution. Neither Romney nor Obama will make good, proper things. They are both bad and ruin usa.

Perpignan

#79 Jun 12, 2012
Karol wrote:
Ron Paul is the best and the only solution. Neither Romney nor Obama will make good, proper things. They are both bad and ruin usa.
'Oldest galaxy' discovered using Hawaii telescope...NOW, it they could only find Obama’s birth certificate.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#80 Jun 12, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>'Oldest galaxy' discovered using Hawaii telescope...NOW, it they could only find Obama’s birth certificate.
DUMBOSPAMMING BIRTHER NUTCASE. You couldn't find your own birth certificate.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81 Jun 12, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>DUMBOSPAMMING BIRTHER NUTCASE. You couldn't find your own birth certificate.
I bet if Jimbo ran 4 Preezy of the United Steezy you'd want to see his birth certificate.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#83 Jun 12, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if Jimbo ran 4 Preezy of the United Steezy you'd want to see his birth certificate.
I already saw it. I swept up the broken petri dish you dropped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Prayer rally can open minds, heart... 7 min Dissident 15
News How Bill Clinton subtly addressed the unsayable... 1 hr Le Jimbo 8
News Black Lives Matter, But So Does The Truth 2 hr captain schmuck 4
News Editorial, July 17, 2016: Fr. Peter Carota, 194... 7 hr kms 5
News Early Intervention: Animal abuse is a sure sign... 10 hr USA R0CKS 72
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 13 hr Wife Dealers 44
News The Republican Party is dead 14 hr WasteWater 2,300
More from around the web