A protest at Belfast City Hall on Mon...

A protest at Belfast City Hall on Monday in favour of gay marriage

There are 49 comments on the Fermanagh Today story from Apr 29, 2014, titled A protest at Belfast City Hall on Monday in favour of gay marriage. In it, Fermanagh Today reports that:

A legal challenge is likely if Northern Ireland is left as the only part of the UK without marriage rights for same-sex couples, Amnesty International has warned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fermanagh Today.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rock white

Belfast, UK

#1 Apr 30, 2014
majority do not want deviant rituals.
sean

UK

#3 Apr 30, 2014
Ill be there protesting against this idea! As a christian I cannot except this as I understand our protestant friends are as one on this issue for a change!
Joe

UK

#4 Apr 30, 2014
sean wrote:
Ill be there protesting against this idea! As a christian I cannot except this as I understand our protestant friends are as one on this issue for a change!
dont do it mate u mite get bummed up abit

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 30, 2014
sean wrote:
Ill be there protesting against this idea! As a christian I cannot except this as I understand our protestant friends are as one on this issue for a change!
You'll be protesting FOR or AGAINST Equality ?
Joe

Newtownabbey, UK

#6 Apr 30, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be protesting FOR or AGAINST Equality ?
not for equality for his religious beliefs, big difference. you will never change christians minds on this one!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Apr 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
not for equality for his religious beliefs, big difference. you will never change christians minds on this one!
Si you're AGAINST Marriage Equality ?!

Let me guess: You're a Roman Catholic.
Joe

Newtownabbey, UK

#8 Apr 30, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Si you're AGAINST Marriage Equality ?!
Let me guess: You're a Roman Catholic.
lol honestly i couldnt care less what happenes with gay marriage, it doesnt affect me in any way wotsoever. i just responded with your comment about " for or agenst equality" with the christian guy.

and if you must know im from a protestant backround.
rock white

Belfast, UK

#9 May 1, 2014
so called "equal marriage" is a deviant behaviour which unites all faiths.

abomination is the word, not "equal marriage".
wall

Belfast, UK

#10 May 1, 2014
deviant rituals as opposed to snorting lines of white bought from here

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11 May 1, 2014
Ireland will follow in it's own time. It's a religious stronghold. Same with the abortion laws. For years and years the Irish come over to England where it's legal. Can see the same happening with gay marriage.
Jack the Raper

Saint Albans, UK

#13 May 1, 2014
Velvet MJK wrote:
Ireland will follow in it's own time. It's a religious stronghold. Same with the abortion laws. For years and years the Irish come over to England where it's legal. Can see the same happening with gay marriage.
>Implying Belfast is in ROI. go brush your teeth you English fktard.
Punk rocker

Edinburgh, UK

#14 May 1, 2014
Jack the Raper wrote:
<quoted text> >Implying Belfast is in ROI. go brush your teeth you English fktard.
No one said it was. I think if you read properly, you'll see they typed "Ireland".. you know that island made up of 2 countries - NI and ROI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland
Joe

UK

#15 May 1, 2014
Punk rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said it was. I think if you read properly, you'll see they typed "Ireland".. you know that island made up of 2 countries - NI and ROI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland
You do realise that some people define ireland as a country, its all about perception! the english turd did not make that clear by stating "island of ireland"
nipandtuck

London, UK

#16 May 2, 2014
landmass != juristiction

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#17 May 2, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realise that some people define ireland as a country, its all about perception! the english turd did not make that clear by stating "island of ireland"
"some people define ireland as a country" ???!!!

Eire IS a country !

26 + 6 = 1

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#19 May 2, 2014
Aiden wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no countries in the EU.
Southern Ireland reunited with the UK on 1st January 1973.
"Southern Ireland" ???!! I ave NEVER heard that before.

Eire is a sovereign nation. Northern Ireland is part of the U.K.
Joe

UK

#20 May 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
"some people define ireland as a country" ???!!!
Eire IS a country !
26 + 6 = 1
lol your so wrong! the north and south have two DIFFERENT governments you idiot, which is the main definition of a country. the island of ireland consists of two DIFFERENT countries so close but yet so far apart.
Hubert

Ireland

#22 May 2, 2014
Aiden wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no sovereign nations in the EU.
Southern Ireland has been reunited with the UK for 41 years.
Actually the Republic of Ireland left the UK forever in 1922 after defeating the British Army in the Irish War of Independence.
Hubert

Ireland

#23 May 2, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
lol your so wrong! the north and south have two DIFFERENT governments you idiot, which is the main definition of a country. the island of ireland consists of two DIFFERENT countries so close but yet so far apart.
I'm so glad that members of the Provisional IRA's army council now jointly rule over the north of Ireland.

''Northern Ireland'' was only severed due to sectarian gerrymandering.

In fact the majority of Ireland wanted to leave the UK, this can be seen at the General Election of 1918 when the majority of people on the island of Ireland voted for Sinn Fein who intended to leave the UK.

''Northern Ireland'' has experienced almost 100 years of failure. I'm glad it's not our problem, wouldn't want bigoted Protestants on my side of the border, I'd much rather they just decline in population and become an irrelevant minority.
Hubert

Ireland

#24 May 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Si you're AGAINST Marriage Equality ?!
Let me guess: You're a Roman Catholic.
You'll find some of the Christian fundamentalist Protestant nutters in the north of Ireland are the worst for being anti-LGBT.

They are the descendants of British colonial settlers, similar to the settlers in old Rhodesia etc.

A female politician in the north of Ireland came out with several anti-LGBT remarks, then it was found that she was having an affair on her husband with a teenager.

These people usually have skeletons in their closet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 40 min Tre H 5,647
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 1 hr Lia Russell 8,895
News Use millions to transform Long Island MacArthur... 3 hr ONE LAST DEMO 6
News MPP: Time to get back to work (Jul '14) 3 hr need same 4 Ted here 13
News Note to Denver police chief: illegal immigratio... 5 hr tomin cali 1
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 6 hr I lived to tell t... 8,456
News Rheta Grimsley Johnson: Kat and Mahalia and Bli... 8 hr new ideas 1
More from around the web