Heavy burden

Heavy burden

There are 25 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Heavy burden. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

St. Lawrence County is faced with a 20 percent tax-levy increase - a significant burden for residents if the plan goes through.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blood Sucking Ticks

Massena, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2012
Quit raising taxes to pay for someone's state pension and health insurance when the people paying the taxes don't have either a pension or health insurance. These parasites are sucking the host dry. Think about it, what expenses were listed as the reasons your taxes are about to go up. It wasn't garbage pick up.
Dah

Auburn, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2012
Keep shopping at Walmart. That should help.
taxes

Auburn, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Dah wrote:
Keep shopping at Walmart. That should help.
Not shopping in walmart isn't going to solve this problem. We are paying for every town employees salary, health care and retirement plus we are paying for every village employees salary, health care and retirement. Why do we need a village government and a town government with a population of 10 thousand. WE DON'T and all this extra government is breaking our backs and causing business and people to move as far away from here as posible.
hardworking

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2012
It's not paying for insurance of employees. It's paying to give every lowlife in SLC a cellphone and a free ride. You would rather take pensions away from hard working people rather than take free money away from deadbeats who have never had a job?
yup

Norwood, NY

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Hardworking hit the nail on the head
Sensability

Massena, NY

#8 Oct 5, 2012
hardworking wrote:
It's not paying for insurance of employees. It's paying to give every lowlife in SLC a cellphone and a free ride. You would rather take pensions away from hard working people rather than take free money away from deadbeats who have never had a job?
They can pay for their own insurance just like the rest of us taxpayers. If they can't afford their own insurance they can go without just like the rest of the taxpayers. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Pay them an hourly wage NOT A SALARY. If they don't like it they can work at McDonald's and squeeze out enough money for their property taxes their health insurance, etc. and the increases that come with them.
They can save money out of their paychecks for their own pensions just like everyone else. Why should taxpayers fund their retirement when they themselves don't have one! Use your head.

As for the criminals, put them to work for free cleaning the town in which they committed the crime. They can call the program don't s h i t where you eat.
dodger

Walpole, MA

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Sensability wrote:
<quoted text>They can pay for their own insurance just like the rest of us taxpayers. If they can't afford their own insurance they can go without just like the rest of the taxpayers. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Pay them an hourly wage NOT A SALARY. If they don't like it they can work at McDonald's and squeeze out enough money for their property taxes their health insurance, etc. and the increases that come with them.
They can save money out of their paychecks for their own pensions just like everyone else. Why should taxpayers fund their retirement when they themselves don't have one! Use your head.

As for the criminals, put them to work for free cleaning the town in which they committed the crime. They can call the program don't s h i t where you eat.
Don't be pissed at someone because they had enough forethought to search out a good job with benefits. Village and town employees are paid by the hour. Maybe you should have tried a little harder hitting the streets for a good job instead of hitting the bong.
dodger

Walpole, MA

#10 Oct 5, 2012
high end welfare wrote:
<quoted text>Village and Town employees are just high end welfare. Still paying high dollar for very little.
Yes the paid firemen and police are high end welfare. So next time your rented apartment is on fire or your buddy steals your weed call social services instead of them.
hmmmm

Massena, NY

#11 Oct 5, 2012
they should not be so well off and retire so young. we can't afford it.
dodger

Walpole, MA

#12 Oct 5, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
they should not be so well off and retire so young. we can't afford it.
Once again you are jealous of someone who worked hard for a good job. Politicians are overpaid lets go after them instead.
Crazy

Massena, NY

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Blood Sucking Ticks wrote:
Quit raising taxes to pay for someone's state pension and health insurance when the people paying the taxes don't have either a pension or health insurance. These parasites are sucking the host dry. Think about it, what expenses were listed as the reasons your taxes are about to go up. It wasn't garbage pick up.
Maybe we should cut garbage pick up and you could take care of it yourself. Oh maybe you already leave the garbage in your front yard.
pension

Auburn, NY

#14 Oct 6, 2012
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should cut garbage pick up and you could take care of it yourself. Oh maybe you already leave the garbage in your front yard.
Maybe the town and village employees can pay for their own retirement and health insurance like the rest of us have to. There is absolutely no reason for tax payers to be paying for luxuries that they can't afford for themselves. Why should i be paying for their health insurance when i can afford $600 to $800 a month for my own health insurance. If you cut out retirement and health insurance our taxes would plummet and businesses would want to move here. It's time for the gravy train to pull into the station and unload for good.If taxes in the village, town, and county raise what they are forcasted to raise, YOU WILL SEE RIOTS!
pension

Auburn, NY

#15 Oct 6, 2012
Should say can't afford not can.
dodger

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2012
pension wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the town and village employees can pay for their own retirement and health insurance like the rest of us have to. There is absolutely no reason for tax payers to be paying for luxuries that they can't afford for themselves. Why should i be paying for their health insurance when i can afford $600 to $800 a month for my own health insurance. If you cut out retirement and health insurance our taxes would plummet and businesses would want to move here. It's time for the gravy train to pull into the station and unload for good.If taxes in the village, town, and county raise what they are forcasted to raise, YOU WILL SEE RIOTS!
Sounds like you are one if those occupy idiots.
pension

Auburn, NY

#17 Oct 6, 2012
dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are one if those occupy idiots.
Sounds like you are one of those ignorant idiots and are having your pension and health care HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER by people who have no pension or health insurance themselves. Pay for your own pension and health care like they want the majority of us to do and stop leeching off the majority of tax payers.
dodger

United States

#18 Oct 6, 2012
pension wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are one of those ignorant idiots and are having your pension and health care HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER by people who have no pension or health insurance themselves. Pay for your own pension and health care like they want the majority of us to do and stop leeching off the majority of tax payers.
Orrrr. You could have paid attention in school and got a good job like me. Don't blame us for your shortcomings.
Urahomo

Massena, NY

#19 Oct 6, 2012
dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
Orrrr. You could have paid attention in school and got a good job like me. Don't blame us for your shortcomings.
Looks like laidoffgm got himself a new name.
RadDad

East Haven, CT

#20 Oct 6, 2012
Urahomo wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like laidoffgm got himself a new name.
Wrong! I'm not laid off and I work hard for my money.
pension

Auburn, NY

#21 Oct 6, 2012
dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
Orrrr. You could have paid attention in school and got a good job like me. Don't blame us for your shortcomings.
Being handed a pension and health insurance by the tax payer doesn't mean you have a good job and not having a pension and health insurance doesn't mean you have a bad job 90% of jobs do not give you a pension and health insurance any more the only one that get it are leeches like you stop sucking the hard earned money from tax payers and pay for your own like the rest of us do
RadDad

East Haven, CT

#22 Oct 6, 2012
pension wrote:
<quoted text>Being handed a pension and health insurance by the tax payer doesn't mean you have a good job and not having a pension and health insurance doesn't mean you have a bad job 90% of jobs do not give you a pension and health insurance any more the only one that get it are leeches like you stop sucking the hard earned money from tax payers and pay for your own like the rest of us do
Ok I'll go into work Monday and tell them I don't want the benefits for free because I'm a leech. Better yet ill go in a quit my job so I can sit on my ass like you people and drain the system that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Battle against hatred begins at home 46 min Solons 7
News Deporting thugs not as easy as it sounds 2 hr Fed Up in North C... 4
News Energy: Solar power not producing results 4 hr Solarman 8
News Why I still love this community 4 hr Will Dockery 28
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 4 hr Diahlio 32,068
News Thank a local war veteran (Nov '11) 4 hr Nflder Vet arrested 19
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 6 hr Baybeh 7,903
More from around the web