Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12158 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#10099 Jun 16, 2014
Squach wrote:
You think the violence is caused by guns.
Nobody - seriously NOBODY - believes violence is caused by guns.

Please try to be honest.

Chambersburg, PA

#10100 Jun 16, 2014
Everytown used the following methodology: Incidents were classified as school shootings when a firearm was discharged inside a school building or on school or campus grounds, as documented in publicly reported news accounts. This includes assaults, homicides, suicides, and accidental shootings.

Incidents in which guns were brought into schools but not fired there, or were fired off school grounds after having been possessed in schools, were not included.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#10101 Jun 16, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody - seriously NOBODY - believes violence is caused by guns.
Please try to be honest.
Actions speak louder than words, Danny. If guns don't cause the violence then why spend so much money, time, and energy trying to regulate, restrict, ban, abolish, and control guns? Wouldn't those resources be better used in efforts to restrict, regulate, and control the actual cause of the violence? You know.....the criminals/psychos, especially the ones we already know about. You can restrict/ban one tool of violence but as long as the true cause of the violence is still free to act.......the violence will continue.

Chambersburg, PA

#10102 Jun 16, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Actions speak louder than words, Danny. If guns don't cause the violence then why spend so much money, time, and energy trying to regulate, restrict, ban, abolish, and control guns? Wouldn't those resources be better used in efforts to restrict, regulate, and control the actual cause of the violence? You know.....the criminals/psychos, especially the ones we already know about. You can restrict/ban one tool of violence but as long as the true cause of the violence is still free to act.......the violence will continue.
We have existing laws that address the causes of violence. And we are constantly striving to be more effective at addressing the causes of violence. It's bizarre that you are not aware of that.

Guns make violence exponentially more effective, efficient, and deadly. Addressing that, IN ADDITION to addressing the causes of violence, is not only completely responsible, it's the only responsible thing to do.

Your argument is intentionally dishonest. You are making false claims based on false assumptions in order to deflect attention away from the cause of 32,000 American deaths every single year.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#10106 Jun 16, 2014
You keep moving on Whopper - good idea.

"Reader Alexandra Heller said that she spoke with police around Olympic who said the motorcade will be going down Olympic between 6 and 7pm. Streets were being blocked off with no left or right turns being allowed, she said."

Not the first time an Obama motorcade used Olympic Blvd either.

Olympic appears on a number of previous Obama motorcade routes.

"Another shooting was reported around 11:55 a.m. when a fully armed man standing on a street corner near Cloverfield and Olympic boulevards fired on multiple vehicles, including a bus, according to the California Highway Patrol."

Just a coincidence.

It was really just a "school shooting".

Young middle eastern crazy, armed to the teeth, wearing a vest, same last name as the head of AlQaida, standing on the corner of Olympic and Cloverfield, shooting up traffic.

Just a coincidence.

He was only warming up for his move on Santa Monica College.

No way the media would cover that up.

No way.

He just wanted to wave at Obama - probably a big fan who wanted to cheer him for whacking bin Laden.

That must be it.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10107 Jun 16, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
You keep moving on Whopper - good idea.
"Reader Alexandra Heller said that she spoke with police
Smoking AR-15 in campus library... doesn't count.

Enough said.

Boggy Creek

#10108 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
We have existing laws that address the causes of violence. And we are constantly striving to be more effective at addressing the causes of violence. It's bizarre that you are not aware of that.
Guns make violence exponentially more effective, efficient, and deadly. Addressing that, IN ADDITION to addressing the causes of violence, is not only completely responsible, it's the only responsible thing to do.
Your argument is intentionally dishonest. You are making false claims based on false assumptions in order to deflect attention away from the cause of 32,000 American deaths every single year.
So what you're saying is that in ADDITION to the complete failure to control the violent and lawless you advocate placing restrictions on those who abide by the law. Doesn't even sound right, does it? My argument is not dishonest at all, you just don't like it because it doesn't agree with your views and makes more sense. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those 32,000 deaths were caused by individuals with a prior history of violence and/or mental illness. Which would mean that if we controlled the criminal/psychos, we could prevent the majority of firearms deaths (not to mention deaths by numerous other means). It ain't rocket science.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#10109 Jun 16, 2014
Might count with gun grabbing cranks - but no one else.

Obama's motorcade almost ran into a shoot 'em up - they cooked up a bogus "school shooting" to cover it up.

I have no problem letting readers decide for themselves - without calling anyone a "MF CS C*".

I wasn't raised in a pig pen like a barefoot redneck.

Chambersburg, PA

#10110 Jun 16, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is that in ADDITION to the complete failure to control the violent and lawless you advocate placing restrictions on those who abide by the law. Doesn't even sound right, does it?
Of course that doesn't sound right. Because it's your distortion of my position rather than what I've actually said. Your dishonest perversions of my position never sound right.

Squach wrote:
My argument is not dishonest at all, you just don't like it because it doesn't agree with your views and makes more sense. I'm willing to bet that the majority of those 32,000 deaths were caused by individuals with a prior history of violence and/or mental illness. Which would mean that if we controlled the criminal/psychos, we could prevent the majority of firearms deaths (not to mention deaths by numerous other means). It ain't rocket science.
Unfortunately, every "solution" you've proposed are unworkable and involved the unconstitutional violation of individual liberty, so you're in no position to criticize those of us who are proposing workable solutions that are consistent with the Constitution.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#10111 Jun 16, 2014
If I'd seen young master Zawahri shooting up a house on my street, I'd have gotten my Ruger Ranch Rifle-

no pistol grip, no flash hider, no Rambo grill, semi-auto non "assault rifle/assault weapon"-

and a 20 round mag, and solutioned the dog dooky out of that problem.

Sounds like a solution to me.

Boggy Creek

#10113 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Of course that doesn't sound right. Because it's your distortion of my position rather than what I've actually said. Your dishonest perversions of my position never sound right.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, every "solution" you've proposed are unworkable and involved the unconstitutional violation of individual liberty, so you're in no position to criticize those of us who are proposing workable solutions that are consistent with the Constitution.
Really? So we're right back to where we started. You and those like you believe that the real problem cannot be solved or is much too difficult to solve so you want to do the easy (and ineffective) thing by just placing restrictions and regulations on EVERYBODY. I find myself wondering if you're really interested in reducing the violence or are you just out to ban guns.

Chambersburg, PA

#10114 Jun 16, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So we're right back to where we started. You and those like you believe that the real problem cannot be solved or is much too difficult to solve so you want to do the easy (and ineffective) thing by just placing restrictions and regulations on EVERYBODY. I find myself wondering if you're really interested in reducing the violence or are you just out to ban guns.
How come every time you say what I believe, you come up with some nonsense completely unrelated to anything I've ever said? It's almost like you're deliberately making things up and attributing them to me. LOL!

I want to address violence from every angle possible. Gun safety is just one of those angles. Claiming that I think the problem is unsolvable or is to difficult to address is simply a bald-faced lie straight out of your fevered imagination.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10115 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Here is Website Illustrating Liberal Chicago workable solution of years gun control where guns were banned only by law abiding citizens.

HeyJackass!

Illustrating Chicago Values

http://heyjackass.com/

Now here is what happens when Liberals give up their guns and convince others in society to give up their guns so they cant defend & protect themselves which these Liberals willingly did and look at the postition they are now in which is they are paying with their lifes because they gave up their guns and the ability to protect & defend themselves.

Picture Below

http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/ ...

Militants post photos of mass killing in Iraq

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea ...

Chambersburg, PA

#10116 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Here is Website Illustrating Liberal Chicago workable solution of years gun control where guns were banned only by law abiding citizens.
HeyJackass!
Illustrating Chicago Values
Now here is what happens when Liberals give up their guns and convince others in society to give up their guns so they cant defend & protect themselves which these Liberals willingly did and look at the postition they are now in which is they are paying with their lifes because they gave up their guns and the ability to protect & defend themselves.
Picture Below
http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/ ...
Militants post photos of mass killing in Iraq
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea ...
Yeah, you've posted all that before.

It's just as irrelevant and meaningless to the discussion at hand now as it was then.

But keep trying. Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, so there's still hope for you.

Location hidden

#10117 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Yeah, you've posted all that before.
It's just as irrelevant and meaningless to the discussion at hand now as it was then.
But keep trying. Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, so there's still hope for you.
Problem is you proved you are the Blind Squirrel that cant find a nut which is obvious from your reply.

Chambersburg, PA

#10118 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is you proved you are the Blind Squirrel that cant find a nut which is obvious from your reply.
I know you are, but what am I?

I'm rubber and you're glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Nanny nanny boo boo.

Seriously - grow up. If you can't debate based on facts and reality, stop wasting my time.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#10119 Jun 16, 2014
You and him should get a room, Dan.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#10120 Jun 16, 2014
nanny

nanny

boo

boo

riiiiiiight

Location hidden

#10121 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I know you are, but what am I?
I'm rubber and you're glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
Nanny nanny boo boo.
Seriously - grow up. If you can't debate based on facts and reality, stop wasting my time.
Its you that needs to grow up which is obvious and what is wrong with you Liberals of today since you cant face and accept reality is what you and the others have a problems with and dont want to debate the facts and when the facts are presented for debate just like about Liberal Chicago you want ignore the facts and you dont want to debate the facts that you cant hide and run from which you Liberals do all the time just like with your previous reply since I had to remind you of Liberal Chicago and what the Liberals have done there in Chicago with their Gun Control which has been a total failure except for the rise in crime & killings in Chicago the Liberals can take credit for and here is the link for everyone to see again.

HeyJackass!

Illustrating Liberal Chicago Values

Chambersburg, PA

#10123 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Its you that needs to grow up which is obvious and what is wrong with you Liberals of today since you cant face and accept reality is what you and the others have a problems with and dont want to debate the facts and when the facts are presented for debate just like about Liberal Chicago you want ignore the facts and you dont want to debate the facts that you cant hide and run from which you Liberals do all the time just like with your previous reply since I had to remind you of Liberal Chicago and what the Liberals have done there in Chicago with their Gun Control which has been a total failure except for the rise in crime & killings in Chicago the Liberals can take credit for and here is the link for everyone to see again.
HeyJackass!
Illustrating Liberal Chicago Values
Patchwork laws do not work. Nobody denies that. In fact, your argument is just further evidence that consistent national laws are needed.

IOW - your tediously repetitive example proves MY case. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nobody has walked on the Moon... Moon Landing H... (May '15) 4 min Ludwig 7
News The Republican Party is dead 18 min Synque 622
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 25 min Frankenfool 8,757
News Our Opinion: Good news aplenty in region last week 1 hr Press power 9
News Maureen Dowd: Coddling of the Wall Street elite (Mar '09) 3 hr Geezer Heimers 2
News May 17: Transgender Bathrooms, Hillary Clinton ... 4 hr Three Days Paleo 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr Demon Finder 4,152
More from around the web