Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12127 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#5519 Feb 5, 2014
Bob2bob too wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not part of the collective body of "the people", you have no right to assemble to petition the government or to be free from searches. But you will have the fundamental, personal rights of free speech, relligion and trial by jury.
Rights differ in their application. Just because a citizen belonging to "the people" may assemble to petition the government doesn't mean that he must also retain powers, personally.
Likewise, he can't claim the right to keep and bear arms for the security of the State is his, personally. If eligible, he will be called to serve on behalf of "the People".
Not even in your wildest perverse dreams traitor-troll. We set up our governments to "SECURE" our PREEXISTING rights for us. NOT to tell us what they are, or how they may be exercised. The hired servant does NOT get to tell their MASTERS what the MASTERS rights are.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5520 Feb 5, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the part where Scalia said there are limits to all rights.
Wipe your chin, GZZZZMMMM.
OVERRULED by the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND:

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#5522 Feb 5, 2014
Bob2bob too wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts Constitution of 1780.
-
IV.--The people of this Commonwealth have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves as a free, sovereign, and independent state; and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not, or may not hereafter, be by them expressly delegated to the United States of America, in Congress assembled.
V.--All power residing originally in the people, and being derived from them, the several magistrates and officers of government, vested with authority, whether legislative, executive, or judicial, are their substitutes and agents, and are at all times accountable to them.
VII.--Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity and happiness of the people; and not for the profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; Therefore the people alone have an incontestible, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity and happiness require it.
VIII.--In order to prevent those, who are vested with authority, from becoming oppressors, the people have a right, at such periods and in such manner as they shall establish by their frame of government, to cause their public officers to return to private life; and to fill up vacant places by certain and regular elections and appointments.
By contrast:

X.--Each individual of the society has a right to be protected by it..........

XI.--Every subject of the Commonwealth ought to find a certain remedy, by having recourse to the laws,.........

XII.--No subject shall be held to answer for any crime or offence, until the same is fully and plainly, substantially and formally, described to him,... And every subject shall have a right to produce all proofs, that may be favorable to him;.....

XIV.--Every subject has a right to be secure from all unreasonable searches, and seizures of his person, his houses, his papers, and all his possessions.......

XXVIII.--No person can in any case be subjected to law-martial, or to any penalties or pains, by virtue of that law, except those employed in the army or navy, and except the militia in actual service, but by authority of the legislature.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5523 Feb 5, 2014
-2ndAmRight- wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF SPAMS HAVE YOU POSTED FROM THE 1800'S?
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
BETCHA YOU WILL SEE THIS QUOTE AGAIN, KEATS!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Wipe your chin, dear!
Senseless repetitive drool, nothing more.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5527 Feb 5, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly: it doesn't stomp the NRA criminals who say they have a 2nd Amendment to ignore the sign, bigot.
Dodged every question asked. I accept your surrender.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5528 Feb 5, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the part where Scalia said there are limits to all rights.
Wipe your chin, GZZZZMMMM.
That was not presented to the courts therefore not a ruling. NOWHERE was the court ASKED if there were limits to rights therefore they CAN NOT rule on that issue.The court MUST MUST MUST hear BOTH arguments to a case before rendering a decision. NO ARGUMENT for or against OTHER issues were before the court therefore his personal quote IS NOT a ruling.

But don't feel bad, there are several cases before the court now that will rectify that. I look forward to seeing you eat crow yet again.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5532 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that abusive, pro-gun, pro-violence turds abound in Canada, too I suppose.
I've read more pro-gun propaganda than you've had hot dinners. Gun-nuts want everyone to have guns, demean the 'manhood' of those who don't, and believe they're "protecting" society.
"Pro-liberty?" LOL!
You don't know s--t about liberty, fascist.
And this coming from a communist-demonrat-LIEberal. Too bad you freaks never grew a brain or gonads. eh cowardly traitor?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5533 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't England, putz-boy.
The only putz-boy around here is your mom. LIEberal.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5534 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Truer words were never spoke....especially by you.:)
Too bad you have to lie in order to make a 'point'. eh LIEberal? But, when you don't have any FACTS to stand on. Then I guess that's all cowardly freaks like you can do.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5535 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that abusive, pro-gun, pro-violence turds abound in Canada, too I suppose.
I've read more pro-gun propaganda than you've had hot dinners. Gun-nuts want everyone to have guns, demean the 'manhood' of those who don't, and believe they're "protecting" society.
"Pro-liberty?" LOL!
You don't know s--t about liberty, fascist.
Show just ONE post where a pro gun person wanted EVERYONE to own a gun. You are a liar.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5539 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a post where you said anything worthwhile, gun-nut. Dismissed.
Bla bla bla LIAR.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5542 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....how funny to see Topix' biggest coward and keyboard c---sucker hiding and tossing out names. Why?
Because you know if you said that to my face, or the face of most of your opponents, you'd get your face bashed in and be looking to get your teeth re-installed.
Simple as that really, punk, isn't it?:)
Hardly, punk. For just the mere fact that you support Constitutionally perverse 'gun control' PROVES your cowardice beyond ALL shadow of doubt. Which of course means that you lack the courage to ever even attempt to meet me face to face. And, if your intake of alcohol or drugs ever gave you enough false courage to attempt it. You would soon discover that your mouth got you into a lot more than you ever imagined possible. And you would have plenty of time to dwell on your horrid mistake in the Intensive Care ward.

Care to try to back up that mouth of yours, punk?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5543 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you can prove I've ever "lied," when YOU stop lying, or when you can do anything but piss your pants in impotent frustration over being shown up for a fool.
Seriously.
That's funny. It's as if you were typing to yourself in the mirror. It's common knowledge that ALL LIEberal demonrats LIE, punk. Because that's the only way you cowardly freaks can advance your treasonous agenda. And seriously, punk, the only one that is impotently frustrated here is >you<. And you make a "fool" out of yourself every single tie you post.

You are sorely lacking in:

Facts
Honor
Patriotism
Reality
Truth
Uprightness

In short, you are nothing more than a pathetic excuse of a human being. Much like the rest of your fellow cowardly LIEberal demonrat crowd.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#5544 Feb 5, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post he has made usually has factual data backing it. Which is the exact opposite of whatever spews froth from you.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5545 Feb 6, 2014
I submit. The purpose of governments: Humans created government for the express purpose of using it as a collective to achieve goals not possible by individuals. We desire public works such as roads, water and sewer systems, ect. ect. We also desire protection from other groups that may be hostile and try to take what we have for their own purpose. Governments require us to exist. We pay taxes to allow governments to finance these goals and we pick who serves us in the roll of government personal. Governments pass rules or laws that we need to live together peacefully. Governments do this with our permission but only rules or laws that we need and only those that we approve of. Governments have no powers of control over us. We created governments for our service and have only the powers we as humans gave them.
BUT we are human. As humans we are with faults. We try to pick the best of us to serve as leaders of our governments but all humans are corruptible. With power almost always comes corruption or abuse of that power. When our creations grows to the level we can no longer control it we the people need ways to reign in those who serve us. This is why "We the People" need arms. As a last resort "We the People" have the ability and means to take back control from those who may abuse this power. Hitler, Saddam, ect. ect. are reminders of an out of control servant of the public good.
I submit that it is not only our right to maintains arms but our moral obligation to stand ready with the will and the means to deter and if need be remove by force those that abuse the office of public servant. While violence is horrific and must be avoided whenever possible, you must remember our governments represent us as a people so action at home and abroad taken by our government is a direct representation of us. When our elected leaders start wars or cause a hostile environment with other peoples then we must reign in those who no longer protect us but endanger us as a whole.
If people die around the world or at home at our governments hand then "We the People" who created and maintain that government have that blood on our hands. Don't pretend to be innocent of harming others. You support your governments actions by paying taxes, or simply by ALLOWING your servant to do harm. All evil need to flourish is that good men do nothing. YOU by being complacent are guilty of the social environment around you. Criminals and the like flourish because those like you allow it. When a criminal kills a defenseless neighbor, make no mistake the blood is on you for setting the stage for it.
I keep guns for my defense or if the need be civil action against corrupt government. It is your freedom to do so but you are free not to. But either way you are involved. You are either active or inactive to the responsibility you bear as a member of society.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5546 Feb 6, 2014
Bob2bob too wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
<quoted text>
No, we're talking about a "well regulated militia".
<quoted text>
It meant EXACTLY that if you look at the quotes by Founders at the time that I posted
<quoted text>
If you want the facts, you'd be better paying particular attention to the words of the Founders rather than the words on that site.
<quoted text>
Yet all you present as evidence is your own say-so.
I've already shown how "the people" is always a reference to a certain body with rights and powers.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...
"well regulated" or "well regulated militia"........doesn't matter. It is still describing the state of the militia. The site I linked gave very specific examples FROM THE TIME OF THE FOUNDERS on how the phrase "well regulated" was used, and NOWHERE did it have anything to do with control by regulations or laws....NOWHERE. It is not my "say-so", moron. The right to keep and bear arms belongs to THE PEOPLE as an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. SCOTUS has even ruled against you on more than one occasion. Don't like it....TOUGH SHIT! Cry me a river.

Read this and see your collectivist dreams smashed to pieces: http://davekopel.org/2A/Mags/Collective-Right...

Southeast Virginia

#5547 Feb 6, 2014
Bob2bob too wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1st Amendment doesn't say "the people" have those rights. They ARE fundamental, individual rights along with trial by jury.
Correct. They are INDIVIDUAL rights, just as every other right guaranteed by the BOR are individual rights.
Bob2bob too wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you included those two in your list but excluded the 9th and 10th, which do refer to "the people". Why?
Because I didn't need to. It wasn't an all-inclusive list.

Southeast Virginia

#5548 Feb 6, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
dodge.....deflect.....typical

Southeast Virginia

#5549 Feb 6, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you can prove I've ever "lied," when YOU stop lying, or when you can do anything but piss your pants in impotent frustration over being shown up for a fool.
Seriously.
{jumping in}
OK....from you: "I've read more pro-gun propaganda than you've had hot dinners. Gun-nuts want everyone to have guns, demean the 'manhood' of those who don't, and believe they're "protecting" society."

Specific lies.

1. No one here on the pro-gun side or anywhere else is calling for "everyone to have guns".
2. Pro-gunners do not demean the manhood of others because they choose to not own a gun. That is straight out of the lieberal, anti-gun playbook to insult the manhood of gunners claiming they are doing so in order to compensate for something. I have seen it over and over again on these threads.
3.(just for good measure) We don't believe we are protecting "society". We are providing for our OWN security and self-defense instead of putting our faith in your govt sponsored dial-a-prayer (9-1-1). Good luck with your choice.

Southeast Virginia

#5550 Feb 6, 2014
GCDNW wrote:
More on Obama's Fast and Furious:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/05/ne...
Obama should be impeached!
There has been petition after petition from we the people calling for his impeachment. The problem is that no one in Washington has the balls to start the proceedings.(and they have PLENTY of evidence to do it with)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 16 min Eagle 12 141
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Eagle 12 703
News Islip dumping trials come to an end 4 hr please respond 1
News Republicans need to shut down Trump's election ... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 49
News The weird ways people get fired from 'SNL' 8 hr Go Blue Forever 7
News Editorial: Entry corridor update builds on some... 8 hr Factcheck 1
News Clinton's foundational problem 9 hr okimar 2
More from around the web