Intintoli best call for Vallejo

Intintoli best call for Vallejo

There are 30 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Oct 20, 2012, titled Intintoli best call for Vallejo. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

We are asking you to support Tony Intintoli for Solano County Board of Supervisors, District 1, with your vote on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Samuel Kurshan

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Let me see if I have this right. All of the people in this letter are card carrying members of VIB. The most hateful, divisive and destructive group in Vallejo's history, asking us to vote for the most destructive Mayor in Vallejo's history.

Fughedaboudit!

When Erin Hannigan was elected to her first term on the Vallejo City Council, Stephanie Gomes became livid and exclaimed that she would never talk to Erin and she refused to work with her.

The level of hatred for Erin from Gomes and her VIB cronies is immeasurable.

Their endorsement of Tony Intintoli is an act of spite.

Prior to Katy Miessner's elimination from the County Supervisor race she condemned Intintoli for all the right reasons, listing the harm his poor governance had wrought upon Vallejo.
Katy's sudden endorsement of Tony is due to Katy's overestimation of her own Supervisor chances and VIB's under estimation of Hannigan's.

The VIB endorsement of Intintoli is such a grandiose display of hypocrisy that it equates with the following scenario:

It would be like VIB endorsing me if I were the only other candidate running besides Erin Hannigan and you know the answer to that.

Fughedaboudit!
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2012
Sam, jealous that Meissner did so well the first time out -- she was only slightly behind Hannigan.

Hannigan had all the union $$$
Hanningan quit her job to campaign fulltime
Hannigan is running on her dad's coattails.
Hannigan is a current councilmember with political name recognition.
Hannigan got $25,000 from daddy
Hannigan outspent Meissner and Intintoli 2/1 and still came in with only a slight lead over Meissner and Intintoli came in first.

You don't give a raise in bankruptcy. She's bought by the PSUs, she needs to go back to being an insurance supervisor.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Sam, jealous that Meissner did so well the first time out -- she was only slightly behind Hannigan.
Hannigan had all the union $$$
Hanningan quit her job to campaign fulltime
Hannigan is running on her dad's coattails.
Hannigan is a current councilmember with political name recognition.
Hannigan got $25,000 from daddy
Hannigan outspent Meissner and Intintoli 2/1 and still came in with only a slight lead over Meissner and Intintoli came in first.
You don't give a raise in bankruptcy. She's bought by the PSUs, she needs to go back to being an insurance supervisor.
i think a lot of the votes for miessner, hannigan, simmons, and anthony were from women and they will mostly go to hannigan in the runoff. statistically, women vote more than men.
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2012
hate them all wrote:
<quoted text>i think a lot of the votes for miessner, hannigan, simmons, and anthony were from women and they will mostly go to hannigan in the runoff. statistically, women vote more than men.
Your logic is so twisted that it is difficult to reach a conclusion like yours with any kind of logic. Intintoli beat Hannigan, most if not all of Meissners votes will go to Intinoli, and Anthony ran on a platform of no new taxes. With that in mind what kind of warped mind would think that Hannigan the Queen of tax hikes, pay raises for employees and excessive spending could hope to capture votes from the other candidates?
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2012
the depth of vib was revealed in the bs online petition against callahan, when less than 300 people signed up. this in itself is quite a contrast to the 400+ watch groups vib crowed about, organized by pearsall and sampayan, that were keeping crime at bay, remember? i believe a lot of the votes for women candidates over the years have been from other women.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#6 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
<quoted text>Your logic is so twisted that it is difficult to reach a conclusion like yours with any kind of logic. Intintoli beat Hannigan, most if not all of Meissners votes will go to Intinoli, and Anthony ran on a platform of no new taxes. With that in mind what kind of warped mind would think that Hannigan the Queen of tax hikes, pay raises for employees and excessive spending could hope to capture votes from the other candidates?
is intintoli running on a platform of no new taxes, or is he just a great guy with a big heart for vallejo? what will he do for us? nobody knows, and who supports him? why no transparency on his web site? that is not truthful campaigning if you ask me.
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#7 Oct 20, 2012
hate them all wrote:
<quoted text>is intintoli running on a platform of no new taxes, or is he just a great guy with a big heart for vallejo? what will he do for us? nobody knows, and who supports him? why no transparency on his web site? that is not truthful campaigning if you ask me.
LOL! Your frustration with Intintoli, and not finding anything in his voting record that is worse than Hannigan's support of tax hikes and employee raises is quite clear.
curous

Vallejo, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Your frustration with Intintoli, and not finding anything in his voting record that is worse than Hannigan's support of tax hikes and employee raises is quite clear.
what is mr. intintoli's platform other than nice guy who cares about vallejo?
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2012
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project...

http://www.vallejocpr.org/

Begging the question...what has Hannigan done for non City employees?...considering tax hikes and employee raises she has done nothing for Vallejoans.
anon

Benicia, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project....
Tony and his wife are close to the artsy theatre crowd, rainbow and unicorn groups and former council member Bosche's who live, outside the city limit, in Sandy Beach. All of which are part of Gomes "base". None of which supported the project. All of which actively opposed it.

Nagged enough on a regular basis, he folded. Using the argument that the LNG project would be immeasurably more dangerous than all of the surrounding refinery's combined and still more dangerous than the past munitions manufacturing and nuclear strorage and refueling operations of the former Naval shipyard the Gomes crowd prevailed. Hence, limited basic service for you (electrical power) and a challenge for future tax producing industries (Hollywood) that would consider MI as a location.
hate them all

Vallejo, CA

#11 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project...
http://www.vallejocpr.org/
Begging the question...what has Hannigan done for non City employees?...considering tax hikes and employee raises she has done nothing for Vallejoans.
begging the question you avoid answering, what was bad about the power plant? mare island is under-powered, most everyone knows that. so how would you get power upgraded at mare island if you were mayor, city manager, whatever, jd? have you got an idea or not? that's just nuts saying he proved his love for vallejo by denying adequate power to mare island, he knew they were going to build homes and try to grow the economy, yet now those people and businesses are suffering from erratic power.
some love, you idiot, and you claim hannigan is dumb as a brick?
curous

Vallejo, CA

#12 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project...
http://www.vallejocpr.org/
Begging the question...what has Hannigan done for non City employees?...considering tax hikes and employee raises she has done nothing for Vallejoans.
just what was the inherent danger of the gas power plant?
Crybaby Miller

Vallejo, CA

#13 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project...
http://www.vallejocpr.org/
Begging the question...what has Hannigan done for non City employees?...considering tax hikes and employee raises she has done nothing for Vallejoans.
So you admit that Intintoli did nothing to salvage the power plant part of the deal?
Hannigan did introduce the Nuisance Ordinance that the city folded on because of the threat of a lawsuit, that would have improved the quality of life for all of us, trying to undo the damage Intintoli allowed to fester on his watch. I'm glad she gave out raises and raised taxes, she won with more votes than Gomes and Brown because of it. We love our police, you don't.
Major Tom

San Francisco, CA

#14 Oct 20, 2012
I will be sure to show my gratitude to candidate Intintoli for killing the Mare Island power plant by voting for Erin Hannigan.
East Vallejo Native

San Francisco, CA

#15 Oct 20, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
<quoted text>Your logic is so twisted that it is difficult to reach a conclusion like yours with any kind of logic. Intintoli beat Hannigan, most if not all of Meissners votes will go to Intinoli, and Anthony ran on a platform of no new taxes. With that in mind what kind of warped mind would think that Hannigan the Queen of tax hikes, pay raises for employees and excessive spending could hope to capture votes from the other candidates?
The twisted logic is that people who voted for Katy would do anything she recommends. You do know that there will be at least twice as many voters in this election.

How many people voted for Katy or Susan Anthony because they WERE NOT seasoned politicians (i.e. Intintoli and Hannigan)?

I can name you two people who supported Katy that WILL NOT support Tony. And I'm sure there are many, many more. But you also have 9000 more voters that will turn out for this election. Where will those votes go?
Voter Analysis

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2012
Those additional 9000 voters represent middle class blue collar workers who will vote for Hannigan.

These voters may be apathetic non voters in non Presidential elections but they will make the difference and give Hannigan the win this time around.
early bird

Vallejo, CA

#17 Oct 21, 2012
i agree, the working class will carry ms. hannigan to victory over a shameless career public official who did not lead when he had the chance and now wants us to forgive and forget.
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#18 Oct 21, 2012
East Vallejo Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The twisted logic is that people who voted for Katy would do anything she recommends. You do know that there will be at least twice as many voters in this election.
How many people voted for Katy or Susan Anthony because they WERE NOT seasoned politicians (i.e. Intintoli and Hannigan)?
I can name you two people who supported Katy that WILL NOT support Tony. And I'm sure there are many, many more. But you also have 9000 more voters that will turn out for this election. Where will those votes go?
Amoung thoae additional voters it is hard to imagine why they would vote for someone like Hannigan withn a legacy of tax hikes and raises for employees while the rest of the city falls apart.
Crybaby Miller

Vallejo, CA

#19 Oct 21, 2012
How about the voters re-elected her because of the tax hikes and raises? You said the voters would reject her for a second term because of same. You were wrong, again.
Imagine that.
anon

Benicia, CA

#20 Oct 21, 2012
SilasBarnabe wrote:
He actually proved his love to Vallejoans when he saw the inherent dangers of the LNG and gas power plant proposal and helped kill the project...
http://www.vallejocpr.org/s .
So did he prove his hate for Vallejo when he supported the project? Is this man schitzo?
SilasBarnabe wrote:
Begging the question...what has Hannigan done for non City employees?...considering tax hikes and employee raises she has done nothing for Vallejoans.
Raises were recommended by your heros Joe Tanner and the C.O.V. Finance dept head (Rob Stout, he was featured as a a disco king in VIB). The tax increase was approved by a vote of the community.

All "dumb as bricks"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 1 hr Baybeh 7,570
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 1 hr deplorable spud 615
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr Luna 8,831
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 hr Chick240 9,500
News Yes, half of Trump supporters are racist 6 hr deplorable spud 750
News Slobodan Milosevic's Infamous Church is Illegal 8 hr Sorbians are Serb... 6
News We don't need a national Latino museum 9 hr Vulva4574 3
More from around the web