Barr the better choice for president

Barr the better choice for president

There are 38 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Barr the better choice for president. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

To read your newspaper and watch local TV coverage, you would think that the only people running for president are Barack Obama and John McCain .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VET

Hollywood, FL

#1 Sep 23, 2008
ROTFLOL

BY all means Jonathan Vote for Bob "Impeachment" Barr.
Missy

Hobe Sound, FL

#2 Sep 23, 2008
What a waste of a vote. You might as well stay home on election day. Are you happy with the way things have gone the last 8 years? Do you want to stay in Iraq 100 years? Are you prepared to send your kids/grandkids to Iran? Vote for McCain. Do you think we can do better as a nation? Would you say you are worse off than you were 8 years ago? Vote for Obama.
Obama 08
WTF

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Sep 23, 2008
Is Bob Barr even ON the Florida ballot? I heard only yesterday that just Obama, McCain and Nader were on. He better get moving if he wants any votes here.
Georgie Cheerleader

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Sep 23, 2008
I thought Bob Barker retired from the price is right.
NotWasted

Roanoke, VA

#5 Sep 23, 2008
@Missy: You seem to misunderstand what the word "waste" means. Jonathon found a candidate that supports issues he believes in and plans to vote for him. For Jonathon to vote for anyone else is a waste of his vote since his views would not be recorded properly. Defensive voting for the lesser of two evils will not forward Jonathon's views. If you are voting for Obama instead of a Green party candidate or Ralph Nader or someone else who better represents your political views, then you are the one wasting your vote. If you are voting for Obama because his positions correspond with yours better than other candidates, then you and Jonathon are both using your votes wisely.
JR for Bob Barr o8

Bakersfield, CA

#6 Sep 23, 2008
http://www.ballot-access.org/
Titles are Links:
Bob Barr is on 45 05 the 50 states...
He means business
Massachusetts -- WIN
New Hampshire -- Complaint
Louisiana -- Filing issue
D.C.-- Write in
Maine -- Court
Pennsylvania -- Being Appealed
O.K.-- Court.
WV. Write in
Connecticut -- in Court
http://www.ballot-access.org/

“THE DEVIL DOGS ARE GOING TO DC”

Since: May 08

Portland, Oregon

#7 Sep 23, 2008
NotWasted wrote:
@Missy: You seem to misunderstand what the word "waste" means. Jonathon found a candidate that supports issues he believes in and plans to vote for him. For Jonathon to vote for anyone else is a waste of his vote since his views would not be recorded properly. Defensive voting for the lesser of two evils will not forward Jonathon's views. If you are voting for Obama instead of a Green party candidate or Ralph Nader or someone else who better represents your political views, then you are the one wasting your vote. If you are voting for Obama because his positions correspond with yours better than other candidates, then you and Jonathon are both using your votes wisely.
Well put. I will not vote for Barr, but Jonathan has a right to his opinion. Barr cannot win statistically. But I believe Jon has the right to write in Herman Munster if he wants. Get out there and vote.
Definitely NotWasted

Dothan, AL

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Throwing away a vote? I challenge you to think long and hard about this. Is he throwing away his vote by voting his conscience for a true candidate for change or would he be wasting his vote if he were to casting his vote for the status quo of one of the two long standing parties who give thinly veiled promises for change but never come through?
Pig Lipstick

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Sep 23, 2008
The ONLY wasted vote is the one not cast.

By voting for Barr, or anyone else who might be on the ballot it's telling the Republicants and the Democrats "I don't want YOUR guy or YOUR guy....I'd rather have THIS guy over here."

For years I voted Libertarian not so much out of idiological beliefs, but come on, what's the real choice between Raygun and Dukaka, or Ford and Carter?

Unfortunately, this year, we can't afford a third disasterous Republican administration.
anon

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Sep 23, 2008
Pig Lipstick wrote:
The ONLY wasted vote is the one not cast.
By voting for Barr, or anyone else who might be on the ballot it's telling the Republicants and the Democrats "I don't want YOUR guy or YOUR guy....I'd rather have THIS guy over here."
For years I voted Libertarian not so much out of idiological beliefs, but come on, what's the real choice between Raygun and Dukaka, or Ford and Carter?
Unfortunately, this year, we can't afford a third disasterous Republican administration.
This libertarian will likely vote the same way and for the same reason.
Maria

New Orleans, LA

#11 Sep 23, 2008
Vote for www.bobbarr2008.com or www.votenader.org
Say no to Obama/McCain
Enough is enough
Maria

New Orleans, LA

#12 Sep 23, 2008
Barr is on 45 state ballots and maybe more as there are a few lawsuits remaining. Ralph Nader is also on 45 state ballots plus the District of Columbia. The reason I bring this up is either one of them can STATISTICALLY easily win the lectoral vote. I did not want someone to believe what Commandokid said.
One should vote for whom they believe in. This is not a popularity contest. I will be voting for Ralph Nader
David Cohen

New Orleans, LA

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Maria make that 46 ballots. Louisiana ruled today Sept 23 that Barr will be on the ballot. Barr is going to shock some folks election time as millions of people such as myself and Jonathan will vote for Barr
JR for Barr

Bakersfield, CA

#14 Sep 23, 2008
David whoo hoo great to hear... now if the country can stop being two faced (and I am talking about TX!)

“THE DEVIL DOGS ARE GOING TO DC”

Since: May 08

Portland, Oregon

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Maria wrote:
Barr is on 45 state ballots and maybe more as there are a few lawsuits remaining. Ralph Nader is also on 45 state ballots plus the District of Columbia. The reason I bring this up is either one of them can STATISTICALLY easily win the lectoral vote. I did not want someone to believe what Commandokid said.
One should vote for whom they believe in. This is not a popularity contest. I will be voting for Ralph Nader
I must retract part of my earlier post. Nader or Barr COULD statistically win the Presidency. This is a unique election, and it is possible for one of these candidates to win, being on the ballots in so many states. I do a lot of research on both major campaigns, and hear very little about Barr or Nader. But although it is not a popularity contest, popularity plays a large part of getting elected. I am actually going to see what both of these candidates stand for, and maybe they might convince this Republican to vote for one of them.
Chris

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#16 Sep 23, 2008
The trouble with Barr is that he won't promise the American voter things he can't or won't deliver. Talk about a stupid politician!

“Some People Just Don't Get It”

Since: Mar 07

Boca Raton

#17 Sep 23, 2008
Maria wrote:
Barr is on 45 state ballots and maybe more as there are a few lawsuits remaining. Ralph Nader is also on 45 state ballots plus the District of Columbia. The reason I bring this up is either one of them can STATISTICALLY easily win the lectoral vote. I did not want someone to believe what Commandokid said.One should vote for whom they believe in. This is not a popularity contest. I will be voting for Ralph Nader
Obama is campaigning in all 58 states. He has a 8 state advantage.

“THE DEVIL DOGS ARE GOING TO DC”

Since: May 08

Portland, Oregon

#18 Sep 23, 2008
Fair Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is campaigning in all 58 states. He has a 8 state advantage.
But that's not fair.
lost country

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Sep 23, 2008
I agree, a vote for barr sends the message that we don't like either of you.
JR for Barr

Bakersfield, CA

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Maria wrote:
Barr is on 45 state ballots and maybe more as there are a few lawsuits remaining. Ralph Nader is also on 45 state ballots plus the District of Columbia. The reason I bring this up is either one of them can STATISTICALLY easily win the lectoral vote. I did not want someone to believe what Commandokid said.
One should vote for whom they believe in. This is not a popularity contest. I will be voting for Ralph Nader
Barr is currently on 46 Ballots and is NOT finished.. Nader is on 46 ballots and can not be on any more.
Connecticut -- in Court
New Hampshire -- Complaint
Maine -- Court
Pennsylvania -- Being Appealed
O.K.-- Court.

WV. Write in
D.C.-- Write in

and the BO reference to the 58 states it is 57 that was said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min RiccardoFire 20,750
News Trump's land of delusion 12 min jtkluempers 6,174
News Readers sound off on Andrew Cuomo, housing and ... 22 min Waiting 11
News How Many Dead Americans Will Make Liberals Care? 27 min javawhey 1,088
News Conservatism After Christianity 1 hr haupia pie 138
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 5 hr Lucid 12,861
News One in five US prison inmates is a 'criminal al... 10 hr Billishoggingfarts 5