Police: Marijuana found with Christma...

Police: Marijuana found with Christmas gifts

There are 99 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Dec 12, 2013, titled Police: Marijuana found with Christmas gifts. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Pennsylvania State Police, Chambersburg, said a bag containing a green, leafy substance was found inside a container of Christmas gifts Wednesday around 10 a.m. at 600 Miller St., Hamilton Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#1 Dec 12, 2013
Such a harmless DRUG!
Christmas gift

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 12, 2013
end the misery,

grow in your back yard, enjoy the freedom to choose anything is better than standing in line at a state store for overpriced booze

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#3 Dec 12, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Such a harmless DRUG!
What about this story implies it isn't harmless?
Ldavis

Greencastle, PA

#4 Dec 12, 2013
Wish that was my gift

#5 Dec 13, 2013
Bunny Corcoran wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this story implies it isn't harmless?
Tounge in cheek.

Pot is just as dangerous as any other drug.

Don't bother with the "evidence" saying otherwise.

and

Of course I understand that it does have medicinal value in some cases.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6 Dec 13, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Tounge in cheek.
Pot is just as dangerous as any other drug.
Don't bother with the "evidence" saying otherwise.
and
Of course I understand that it does have medicinal value in some cases.
No worse than caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, or any of the other "drugs" we ingest on a daily basis. Moderation has always been the key and always will be. There will always be folks who use certain substances intelligently and never experience a problem and other folks who let substances rule their very existence. Should we restrict and deprive those who exercise self control and prudence in an effort to control those who don't control themselves? I've often thought that the way we approach the "drug problem" is counterproductive and wasteful.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Dec 13, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No worse than caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, or any of the other "drugs" we ingest on a daily basis. Moderation has always been the key and always will be. There will always be folks who use certain substances intelligently and never experience a problem and other folks who let substances rule their very existence. Should we restrict and deprive those who exercise self control and prudence in an effort to control those who don't control themselves? I've often thought that the way we approach the "drug problem" is counterproductive and wasteful.
Good Lord! Squash and I agree on something! Look out for those flying pigs. LOL!

Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.

Boggy Creek

#8 Dec 13, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord! Squash and I agree on something! Look out for those flying pigs. LOL!
I know! It's scary, isn't it? But the facts are what they are and the war on drugs is an abject failure. The tax revenue would be a welcome aid to reducing the deficit. Not to mention the fact that we could stop locking people up for smoking a weed and save the prison space for those violent individuals who are a real threat to public safety.

I can't help but compare this to the gun control issue. Should we restrict and deprive those who practice safe firearms use and ownership in an effort to control those who don't? See the similarity? I do.
flying pigs

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>

Legalize it.

grow it in your own back yard,

*** enjoy it,

*** share it

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#10 Dec 13, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No worse than caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, or any of the other "drugs" we ingest on a daily basis. Moderation has always been the key and always will be. There will always be folks who use certain substances intelligently and never experience a problem and other folks who let substances rule their very existence. Should we restrict and deprive those who exercise self control and prudence in an effort to control those who don't control themselves? I've often thought that the way we approach the "drug problem" is counterproductive and wasteful.
I don't think you can put marijuana, caffeine, nicotine or alcohol in the same category as heroin, crack cocaine and meth. That would be ridiculously irresponsible and dishonest and is part of the basis for why this so-called War on Drugs is a lost cause (I'm directing this more to GenPatton, not you Squach, I mostly agree with your assessment).

That said, you can overdose on nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, or acetaminophin... but you can't OD on cannabis. I don't know about you guys, but that seems LESS harmful than pretty much any other drug.

We've been lying to kids since the 80's about this - they have the internet. They know pot on its own won't hurt them. If we don't want kids to smoke it, then maybe we should try being honest with them and give more practical reasons for abstaining.

Or should we just tell them to say no?

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Dec 13, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I know! It's scary, isn't it? But the facts are what they are and the war on drugs is an abject failure. The tax revenue would be a welcome aid to reducing the deficit. Not to mention the fact that we could stop locking people up for smoking a weed and save the prison space for those violent individuals who are a real threat to public safety.
I can't help but compare this to the gun control issue. Should we restrict and deprive those who practice safe firearms use and ownership in an effort to control those who don't? See the similarity? I do.
Just like marijuana, guns should be legal, regulated, and taxed. Same philosophy.
broken promises

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Just like marijuana, guns should be legal, regulated, and taxed. Same philosophy.

Just like marijuana, stupidity should be legal, regulated, and taxed.

Same philosophy.

You voted for obummercare, you will be regulated, and taxed.

Boggy Creek

#13 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Guns are already taxed in several ways as well as ammo and both are regulated already (unconstitutionally). In this same philosophy where does reasonable regulation stop and despotism imposing its will on subjugated victims begin? With pot, guns, or anything else when we allow the government to regulate there must be checks to prevent that regulation from becoming oppressive (or unconstitutional).

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Dec 13, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Guns are already taxed in several ways as well as ammo and both are regulated already (unconstitutionally). In this same philosophy where does reasonable regulation stop and despotism imposing its will on subjugated victims begin? With pot, guns, or anything else when we allow the government to regulate there must be checks to prevent that regulation from becoming oppressive (or unconstitutional).
And that's the difference in our positions - you believe ANY regulation of guns is wrong. That's why debate on gun safety with you is impossible.

But as far as marijuana, we're probably not far apart at all. I wonder if there's anything else we agree on.

Boggy Creek

#15 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
And that's the difference in our positions - you believe ANY regulation of guns is wrong. That's why debate on gun safety with you is impossible.
But as far as marijuana, we're probably not far apart at all. I wonder if there's anything else we agree on.
I never said that ANY gun regulation was "wrong", I said the majority of it was unconstitutional. Any law that restricts or prohibits the spirit and intent of the 2nd amendment is unconstitutional. The possessions of arms sufficient to become a foot soldier if need be is that intent. To me that means sidearms and rifles suitable for individual combat. Not rocket launchers or nukes. The possession of arms is vitally important to maintaining individual freedom and that's why it is such a hotly debated issue.

As far as the two of us agreeing on other things..........you might be surprised. I call 'em like I see 'em.

If you want to talk gun safety we would probably agree on many things. There's a difference between gun safety and gun control.

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Dec 13, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that ANY gun regulation was "wrong", I said the majority of it was unconstitutional. Any law that restricts or prohibits the spirit and intent of the 2nd amendment is unconstitutional. The possessions of arms sufficient to become a foot soldier if need be is that intent. To me that means sidearms and rifles suitable for individual combat. Not rocket launchers or nukes. The possession of arms is vitally important to maintaining individual freedom and that's why it is such a hotly debated issue.
As far as the two of us agreeing on other things..........you might be surprised. I call 'em like I see 'em.
If you want to talk gun safety we would probably agree on many things. There's a difference between gun safety and gun control.
Wow! Now there are TWO things! I call 'em like I see 'em TOO!

BTW - you didn't say "majority."
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Guns are already taxed in several ways as well as ammo and both are regulated already (unconstitutionally).
If you forgot already, you could have just looked. Your posts are like 2 inches apart.

Boggy Creek

#17 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow! Now there are TWO things! I call 'em like I see 'em TOO!
BTW - you didn't say "majority."
<quoted text>
If you forgot already, you could have just looked. Your posts are like 2 inches apart.
I didn't forget. If you read my entire statement, I thought I made it pretty clear that there are constitutional limitations. The majority of the gun control laws on the books, regardless of whether you or I think they are "good" laws, are fully or partly unconstitutional. In an effort to control the lawless we have chipped away, reduced, restricted the freedom of the law abiding. Good intentions.........bad results.

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Dec 18, 2013
Things that kill people more often than pot...

Obesity kills 30,000 people annually

Lightning kills 10,000 people annually

Texting kills 6,000 people annually

Hippos kill 2,900 people annually

Airplanes kill 1,200 people annually

Volcanoes kill 845 people annually

Autoerotic Asphyxiation kills 600 people annually

Shopping on Black Friday kills 550 people annually

Falling Out of the Bed kills 400 people annually, in the US alone

Bathtubs kill 340 people annually

Deer kill 130 people annually

Icicles kill 100 people annually, in Russia alone

Hot Dogs kill 70 children annually

Tornadoes kill 60 people annually

Jellyfish kill 40 people annually

Dogs kill 30 people annually

Ants kill 30 people annually

High School Football kills 20 people annually

Vending Machines kills 13 people annually

Roller coasters kill 6 people annually

Sharks kill 5 people annually

Marijuana kills ZERO people annually

#20 Dec 18, 2013
Things that kill people more often than pot...
Obesity kills 30,000 people annually
Lightning kills 10,000 people annually
Texting kills 6,000 people annually
Hippos kill 2,900 people annually
Airplanes kill 1,200 people annually
Volcanoes kill 845 people annually
Autoerotic Asphyxiation kills 600 people annually
Shopping on Black Friday kills 550 people annually
Falling Out of the Bed kills 400 people annually, in the US alone
Bathtubs kill 340 people annually
Deer kill 130 people annually
Icicles kill 100 people annually, in Russia alone
Hot Dogs kill 70 children annually
Tornadoes kill 60 people annually
Jellyfish kill 40 people annually
Dogs kill 30 people annually
Ants kill 30 people annually
High School Football kills 20 people annually
Vending Machines kills 13 people annually
Roller coasters kill 6 people annually
Sharks kill 5 people annually
Marijuana kills ZERO people annually
Pot dui deaths? How many?

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Dec 18, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot dui deaths? How many?
How many death from people falling asleep behind the wheel? Should we outlaw tiredness?

LOL!

The point is - your question is irrelevant. Those are cars killing people, not marijuana.

There is no lethal dose of marijuana. Marijuana has never killed anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early Intervention: Animal abuse is a sure sign... 26 min lozzza 60
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr Thinking 388
News The hollow promise of renewable energy 5 hr Solarman 3
News The Republican Party is dead 6 hr WasteWater 2,242
News Coups have consequences - including making more... 7 hr Rockstar 26
News Our Opinion: Prayer rally can open minds, heart... 8 hr Our Opinion 3
News No real deal means millions more will die (Dec '09) 13 hr litesong 47
More from around the web