Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17518 Oct 15, 2012
"Here are some examples of some Mormon leaders taking advantage of other Mormons. Mormons are quite gullible in trusting authorities, especially those who are in church leadership positions. Mormons make covenants in the Mormon temples to not speak evil of leaders. This lack of information due to silence and willingness to trust leads to lives ruined. There is social pressure within Mormonism to appear and to be financially successful. This pressure often leads Mormons to make poor decisions as they seek quick or easy money. Utah frequently leads the US in bankruptcies.

'...Investigators said Southwick swindled more than 800 people out of at least $140 million in a Ponzi scheme that lasted more than 20 years. Taylor said Southwick created 150 companies dubbed "VesCor," raising $180 million from investors for property developments.

Southwick lured investors with promises of high returns and traded on his membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, emphasizing that he was a "respectable LDS gentleman, who was more concerned about the consequences of the after-life than those in this life if he lied to investors," the Utah Division of Securities said in an investigative report.

Adam Titus once worked for Southwick, sold him property and lent him $1.1 million that's now gone.

"He said to me at the time that we probably do not need to have a contract at all," he said. "We can just go to the temple together and we can consummate our transaction there."...'

Location hidden

#17519 Oct 15, 2012
Giuliani = politicalwhore

"Top Romney Surrogate Says Romney ‘Should Be Exploiting’ Libya Incident For Political Gain"

Location hidden

#17520 Oct 15, 2012
RomneyMormons = Grifters

Location hidden

#17521 Oct 15, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
THe catholic bible doesnt mention a bunch of crazy sh!t like the mormons do.
I have met many Mormons in my life and never thought much about their belief systems until the appearance of GrifterRomney the pathological lying politicalprostitute.

Considering that Romney is a direct descendant of the original Apostles and is the product of a 100% LDS upbringing I am now considering just how insane and untrustworthy the Mormons I know are.

Thank God that Reid and Huntsman are openly proclaiming that GrifterRomney is not one of them. Even with that, I am sure many have become very suspicious of other Mormons given what we know about GrifterRomney and his secretive machinations and outright bald-faced, shameless lying.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17523 Oct 16, 2012
REALITY says Mormons aren't Christians.
Anything else is OPINION, and we know what that's worth, especially when it ignores reality.
(next post)

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17524 Oct 16, 2012
Warnings: Godless ministers, priests, Mormons, televangelists, Jehovah’s…
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TQPFM8...
US Politics

Never before have the American people been so deceived by so many lying, Godless ministers and religious organizations.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#17525 Oct 16, 2012
yon wrote:
"Let me be blunt: If one of us–even if an angel from heaven!–were to preach something other than what we preached originally, let him be cursed. I said it once; I’ll say it again: If anyone, regardless of reputation or credentials, preaches something other than what you received originally, let him be cursed." (Galatians 1:6-9 MSG)
"Now that we know The Truth About The Truth, these types of flip flops and manufactured doctrines are fairly easy to spot....."
Read more at http://www.jwstruggle.com/2012/10/new-light-a...
It's like Paul knew Smith was coming. Because he certainly brought a message never taught by Jesus or the Apostles.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17526 Oct 16, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met many Mormons in my life and never thought much about their belief systems until the appearance of GrifterRomney the pathological lying politicalprostitute.
Considering that Romney is a direct descendant of the original Apostles and is the product of a 100% LDS upbringing I am now considering just how insane and untrustworthy the Mormons I know are.
Thank God that Reid and Huntsman are openly proclaiming that GrifterRomney is not one of them. Even with that, I am sure many have become very suspicious of other Mormons given what we know about GrifterRomney and his secretive machinations and outright bald-faced, shameless lying.
So you are now reconsidering the character of Mormons you already know based on your thoughts on Mitt Romney. You must know how dumb that sounds.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17527 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> So you are now reconsidering the character of Mormons you already know based on your thoughts on Mitt Romney. You must know how dumb that sounds.
Mitt isn't a "model Mormon?

“I will not keep calm”

#17528 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt isn't a "model Mormon?
Mitt is a presidential candidate who also happens to be Mormon. The fact that sux would judge all Mormons based on him is a bit dumb. You are always talking about gay rights, should I judge all homosexuals based on one of them ? See how that logic is flawed ?

Location hidden

#17529 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Mitt is a presidential candidate who also happens to be Mormon. The fact that sux would judge all Mormons based on him is a bit dumb. You are always talking about gay rights, should I judge all homosexuals based on one of them ? See how that logic is flawed ?
Well, Perez Hilton is pretty despicable. Mitt is your white horse, aren't u proud of how he represents you?

“I will not keep calm”

#17530 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Perez Hilton is pretty despicable. Mitt is your white horse, aren't u proud of how he represents you?
So I should judge all homosexuals based on Perez Hilton? My white horse ? I'm probably not going to vote for either candidate, but if I were it would NOT be Obama. Now go jump on your horse with your knight and shining armor Obama and ride off into the sunset.

Location hidden

#17531 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> So I should judge all homosexuals based on Perez Hilton? My white horse ? I'm probably not going to vote for either candidate, but if I were it would NOT be Obama. Now go jump on your horse with your knight and shining armor Obama and ride off into the sunset.
Hanging by a thread still?? U should be watching the debate...

Location hidden

#17532 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> So I should judge all homosexuals based on Perez Hilton? My white horse ? I'm probably not going to vote for either candidate, but if I were it would NOT be Obama. Now go jump on your horse with your knight and shining armor Obama and ride off into the sunset.
And the punch line....lolol, u just agreed that mittens is despicable:))))

“I will not keep calm”

#17533 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And the punch line....lolol, u just agreed that mittens is despicable:))))
Where did I say I agree, there you go putting words in peoples mouth again.

“I will not keep calm”

#17534 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hanging by a thread still?? U should be watching the debate...
I am watching it . You know Romney.is looking better and better. See unlike you I listen to what people say before making desicions. Though I guess your way of just choosing based on judgements and assumptions is much easier.

Location hidden

#17535 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I am watching it . You know Romney.is looking better and better. See unlike you I listen to what people say before making desicions. Though I guess your way of just choosing based on judgements and assumptions is much easier.
Mitt is rude...

“I will not keep calm”

#17536 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt is rude...
Pot meet kettle. Hahahahaha

Location hidden

#17537 Oct 16, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Pot meet kettle. Hahahahaha
So..u agree mittens is rude!

“I will not keep calm”

#17538 Oct 16, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So..u agree mittens is rude!
once again, where did I say I agree ? Just shocked that YOU would call anyone else rude. Your opinion was that he is rude, I simply replied you were the pot calling the kettle black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 19 min Agents of Corruption 10,108
News Combating the threat of white supremacy 2 hr Retired SOF 280
News Get carbon out of the atmosphere: Climate scien... 3 hr Mic Drop 1
News Hospital is getting funding fair share (Apr '11) 15 hr Milton gets Slots... 2
News Dreamers deserve legislative compromise Fri spud 11
News The news media love America. The government, no... Fri Erl 63
News Opinion Column: Hard-liners on DACA may be too ... Fri spytheweb 5
More from around the web