Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17022 Oct 9, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has cutting bellpeppers has anything to do with using YouTube to promote and spread lies? Do you know how many different ways there are to cut and dice a bellpepper? There are several opinions and examples. And your last point is utterly ridiculous. No one would be able to put that stuff out??? You're kidding, right? You really can't be that stupid. Are you?
Where are the lies?

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#17023 Oct 9, 2012
Because they are. We're not obligated to bend to anyone's will until repeated, SYSTEMATIC lawbreaking has been substantiated in legal instruments,

if there's no scandal or emerging news.

So the answer there are none, I figured is almost certainly wrong,

then I just asked myself if I cared what some hippie chick with a walleye chain smoking on the side of the road has any opinion about what I do.

No, but if she's not careful out there she's going to riding around on that FABULOUS FIFTY PERCENTERS club cart.

Possibly into the emergency room for one of those nasty "seek evil, find evil," overdoses.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#17024 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I do know. I'm a member whose given several Sacrament talks, lessons, and held several positions. If what you are saying is true, you're leaving something out. Maybe like you were teaching false doctrine or your anti Mormon propaganda from the Godmakers and the Mormon Curtain. Then I can see a Bishop calling you in. You're nothing but a liar. Plain and simple.
I agree with Crazy!

Gladiator is a horrific Liar!...

West Plains, MO

#17025 Oct 9, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>If it's all opinion, why would it be ok for a church or any organization to tell someone else their opinion is wrong. I noticed at the conference it was said that children from single parent and same sex parent homes live at a disadvantge, when most of those people made that choice. Why would his opinion on such things matter?
I saw the same speech. He did not say their opinions were wrong. He said those children are at a disadvantage by not having two, male and female, parents to bring them up. He also said we will not know the long term effects until the future to find out how children are raised by same sex parents. There was nothing disparaging in his comments. That being said, I'm glad you watched. However, it seems not without bias like I had suggested.

West Plains, MO

#17026 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>How about a mission president admonishing you for masturbation..and how it's affecting your baptism numbers???

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd1nzk_mormo...
The Church is outspoken against any type of sexual activity outside the bonds of marriage, masturbation included. What's your point?

West Plains, MO

#17027 Oct 9, 2012
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen a bed but I haven't done work for the dead. People who do work for the dead are often really old and the chance of there not being any beds in temples is about nil.

But it's fair for them to ask. It's also fair to tell them 'yes we have beds too bad if you don't like it because they're staying.'
I've been through several temples and I've done work for the dead. I've never seen any beds. Couches, chairs, benches, wheelchairs, etc. No beds.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#17028 Oct 9, 2012
The LDS Church is the Church of Christ. It is his Church.

Members are members... plain and simple. We still have flaws and are not perfect... but hopefully all are pursuing righteousness and perfection.

I know that SOME are unable to understand the difference The Church is MORMONISM... it is standards.
(FREE CHOICE is MORMONISM it is a standard)

Members are individuals who belong to the organization... get it?

Members are not MORMONISM.

Members are individuals.

Members are FREE to act and choose however they are going to act... get it?

The good will receive rewards. The bad will receive consequences. This is Christs command.

The Church is a different entity then members.

West Plains, MO

#17029 Oct 9, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with Crazy!

Gladiator is a horrific Liar!...
Terrible one at that.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#17030 Oct 9, 2012
for example...

if an INDIVIDUAL belongs to a BANK

they are 2 seperate entities...
1) the INDIVIDUAL
2) the BANK

If the bank mishandles funds... because of bad policies or corrupted systems... they will be held accountable.

If the INDIVIDUAL steals 100 dollars from the store the BANK does not suffer the consequences, the INDIVIDUAL DOES.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#17031 Oct 9, 2012
now...

2 seperate entities...

1) Fundamentalist (according to Wiki) force people to follow
2) The LDS Church (has free agency)

Location hidden

#17032 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You and your LBGT news source view it as hate speech. I don't.
Then u are a bigot. Don't tell your gay business partner

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#17033 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Okay, Godmaker. Apparently, you can watch YouTube from behind your couch.
The movie the Godmakers got that from this:

... it will be seen that the great Messiah who was the founder of the Christian religion, was a polygamist,... the Messiah chose to ... by marrying many honorable wives himself, show to all future generations that he approbated the plurality of wives under the Christian dispensation....

We have now clearly shown that GOD THE FATHER HAD A PLURALITY OF WIVES, one or more being in eternity, by whom He begat our spirits as well as the spirit of Jesus His first Born, and another being upon the earth by whom He begat the tabernacle of Jesus, as his only begotten in this world. We have also proved most clearly that the Son followed the example of his Father, and became the great Bridegroom to whom kings' daughters and many honorable wives were to be married. We have also proved that both GOD THE FATHER AND OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST INHERIT THEIR WIVES in eternity as well as in time; ... it would be so shocking to the modesty of the very pious ladies of Christendom to see Abraham and his wives, Jacob and his wives, Jesus and his honorable wives, all eating occasionally at the same table,... If you do not want your morals corrupted, and your delicate ears shocked and your pious modesty put to the blush by the society of polygamists and their wives, do not venture near the New Earth; for polygamists will be honored there, and will be among the chief rulers in that Kingdom (The Seer, p. 172).

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#17034 Oct 9, 2012
that is not saying that if you act unaccordingly an disobey the commandments of God...

well... then you suffer the consequences...
excommunication, disfellowshiped, whatever...

you have to be pursueing actively and righteously the best you can.

It's very hard to endure all things well. Challenges are difficult at times.
Peoples agency sin, that is what forgiveness is for.

The Church is set up by Christ... it is his will. It is setup exactly how it was in the Bible in his day. That is all to be said.

West Plains, MO

#17035 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Then u are a bigot. Don't tell your gay business partner
He already knows what I believe and think. You know what he thinks as well.

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17036 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I do know. I'm a member whose given several Sacrament talks, lessons, and held several positions. If what you are saying is true, you're leaving something out. Maybe like you were teaching false doctrine or your anti Mormon propaganda from the Godmakers and the Mormon Curtain. Then I can see a Bishop calling you in. You're nothing but a liar. Plain and simple.
Blah blah blah lamo

Location hidden

#17037 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
The Church is outspoken against any type of sexual activity outside the bonds of marriage, masturbation included. What's your point?
Wow....how sad, u agree with a man who says masturbation is satanic and causes less conversions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#17038 Oct 9, 2012
that is why Jesus Christ died for all of us...

so we could repent and draw close to him.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#17039 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradiction is your favorite isnt it? You believe in how to cut bell peppers but not the other videos. If mormons werent so secret about their cult activities, no one would be able to put stuff out like that.
You DO REALIZE that on the INTERNET

YOU JUST ADMITTED YOU GET YOUR FACTS
from a PLACE that has as MUCH VETTING for the END of the WORLD,
AS
for
dicing peppers.

YOU * DO * KNOW * this * is * the * INTERNET,
and you JUST ADMITTED

YOUR EDUCATION
comes from Y-O-U-T-U-B-E ?

And YOU'RE not emBARRASSed.?No?

OkIE DOKie, then.

West Plains, MO

#17040 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>The movie the Godmakers got that from this:

... it will be seen that the great Messiah who was the founder of the Christian religion, was a polygamist,... the Messiah chose to ... by marrying many honorable wives himself, show to all future generations that he approbated the plurality of wives under the Christian dispensation....

We have now clearly shown that GOD THE FATHER HAD A PLURALITY OF WIVES, one or more being in eternity, by whom He begat our spirits as well as the spirit of Jesus His first Born, and another being upon the earth by whom He begat the tabernacle of Jesus, as his only begotten in this world. We have also proved most clearly that the Son followed the example of his Father, and became the great Bridegroom to whom kings' daughters and many honorable wives were to be married. We have also proved that both GOD THE FATHER AND OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST INHERIT THEIR WIVES in eternity as well as in time; ... it would be so shocking to the modesty of the very pious ladies of Christendom to see Abraham and his wives, Jacob and his wives, Jesus and his honorable wives, all eating occasionally at the same table,... If you do not want your morals corrupted, and your delicate ears shocked and your pious modesty put to the blush by the society of polygamists and their wives, do not venture near the New Earth; for polygamists will be honored there, and will be among the chief rulers in that Kingdom (The Seer, p. 172).
The stuff presented in the Godmakers was from from anti and ex Mormon Ed Decker and Christian apologist Dave Hunt. The film is inaccurate and vile and has been condemned by such groups as the National Conference of Christians and Jews as an inaccurate portrayal of the Mormon Church and very offensive.

West Plains, MO

#17041 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah blah lamo
Still reading my posts. Good, maybe you'll learn something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 12,821
News Letter: A Man Without a Dog 4 hr The Wheeze of Trump 2
News 'White privilege' not as clear cut as some think 5 hr Born In The USA 10
News The case for Trump-Russia collusion: We're gett... 5 hr WasteWater 100
News A sane approach to energy 5 hr Solarman 1
News Our Opinion: Tupelo moves to leading edge with ... (Dec '15) 12 hr Crime 8
News George F. Will: Trump is turning and turning in... 13 hr Trump is a joke 1
More from around the web