Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16398 Oct 4, 2012
HOMODANAPAGANISMS wrote:
And as far as LYING in his SLEEP,
THAT'S YOUR HUSBAND.
When he's LYING IN HIS SLEEP
NEXT TO THE OTHER WOMAN HE'S SLEEPING WITH.
Is he a Mormon prophet? Because that would then sound about right.

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#16399 Oct 4, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
Romney looks more confident and energetic - he’s about a minute away from holding Obama down and cutting his hair.This better be ropeadope— Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 4, 2012
Some cut and paste's just don't work on an iPhone. "Romney looks more confident and energetic - he's about a minute away from holding Obama down and cutting his hair. This better be ropeadope.” Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 4, 2012

Branson, MO

#16400 Oct 4, 2012
NoMo wrote:
Speaking of Packer...what's the opinion out there, in Mo land? If Monson really does have Alzheimer's, are u ready for Packer as ur prophet, or someone else?
You've got nothing except the taste of excrement in your mouth from your hero's poor, limp performance, so you try and attempt to change the subject... You are so predictable it's pathetic. Typical libtard.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16401 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
You've got nothing except the taste of excrement in your mouth from your hero's poor, limp performance, so you try and attempt to change the subject... You are so predictable it's pathetic. Typical libtard.
Is eating shit some kind of Mormon punishment ritual? U Mormons are certainly fascinated with the subject, repeatedly bringing it up whenever u have nothing left to say. Sounds like part of Boyd k packer's plan to keep ur "little factory" from being put into production too early.
Mitt acting the bully and lying constantly was quite disgusting and will only come back to haunt him.
ConchaPena

Albuquerque, NM

#16402 Oct 4, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> what the hell are you even talking about ?
Mormons have no qualm about declaring their ability to become gods. No Christian even muses the thought, really rally to that. WHITE IS RIGHT is the Mormons unwritten thinking. Their reasoning coming from their ONLY white, pure white, race. Not ashamed. of course, why bite the hand that feeds you. Native Americans were used by Mormons for the obvious reasons of survival in a 'dog-eat-dog' world. Not too many NativeAmerican Mormons. Women also have no say. Mormons feel superior to all human races, not just IN their own WHITE RACE.IMAGINE the Book on where to give Presidential allegiance to the WHOLE USA. Doesn't exist. My own existance in peril.

Branson, MO

#16403 Oct 4, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Is eating shit some kind of Mormon punishment ritual? U Mormons are certainly fascinated with the subject, repeatedly bringing it up whenever u have nothing left to say. Sounds like part of Boyd k packer's plan to keep ur "little factory" from being put into production too early.
Mitt acting the bully and lying constantly was quite disgusting and will only come back to haunt him.
You're just like your limp hero Obama, trying to change the subject when it's not going your way. Desperately looking for help and getting none. Clueless and impotent. Go back to hiding behind your couch in a fetal position, all the while savoring the "flavor" of defeat in your kiss hole. You're pathetic.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16404 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>You're just like your limp hero Obama, trying to change the subject when it's not going your way. Desperately looking for help and getting none. Clueless and impotent. Go back to hiding behind your couch in a fetal position, all the while savoring the "flavor" of defeat in your kiss hole. You're pathetic.
U and ur friends scat fascination is pathetic. Where does this come from? Chris Buttars was consumed with it too..that creepy cult has perverted ur mind.
Mitt is being ripped to shreds by fact checkers. He's like a little bully boy, running with scissors.

Branson, MO

#16405 Oct 4, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Is eating shit some kind of Mormon punishment ritual? U Mormons are certainly fascinated with the subject, repeatedly bringing it up whenever u have nothing left to say. Sounds like part of Boyd k packer's plan to keep ur "little factory" from being put into production too early.
I especially liked how Romney had to give Obama an economics 101 crash course. He certainly got schooled.:-)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16406 Oct 4, 2012
I'm not a atheist, and I really dislike organized religion.

However no matter how you cut it, the fundamental creationist idea's of ONE all powerful god across the entire universe makes absolutely no sense.

The more you look at any religions, or "creationist god" theories the more obvious it is they are rediculus and morally and scientifically flawed.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16407 Oct 4, 2012
ConchaPena wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons have no qualm about declaring their ability to become gods. No Christian even muses the thought, really rally to that. WHITE IS RIGHT is the Mormons unwritten thinking. Their reasoning coming from their ONLY white, pure white, race. Not ashamed. of course, why bite the hand that feeds you. Native Americans were used by Mormons for the obvious reasons of survival in a 'dog-eat-dog' world. Not too many NativeAmerican Mormons. Women also have no say. Mormons feel superior to all human races, not just IN their own WHITE RACE.IMAGINE the Book on where to give Presidential allegiance to the WHOLE USA. Doesn't exist. My own existance in peril.
Do you any clue at all of how ignorant you sound? How do you know what my unwritten thinking is? You don't know me. Women have no say huh? I am a woman and I say plenty. Ask anyone. I don't feel superior to anyone, with the exception of maybe you. You have clearly shown that I am mentally superior to you. Your assertion that native americans were used by Mormons clearly shows that you believe the BOM to be true. Otherwise what would they have to do with us and a dog eat dog world. You seem to have some issues with racism. Did your Mommy teach you to hate white people? She obviously never taught you that you shouldn't speak unless you had something intelligent to say. HAHAHAHA please keep talking. You are proving my points much better than I can alone :)

“I will not keep calm”

#16408 Oct 4, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
I'm not a atheist, and I really dislike organized religion.
However no matter how you cut it, the fundamental creationist idea's of ONE all powerful god across the entire universe makes absolutely no sense.
The more you look at any religions, or "creationist god" theories the more obvious it is they are rediculus and morally and scientifically flawed.
Welcome to the board. I get where you are coming from. I don't believe as you do, I think we were created by a superior being and I think we will live there after this life. However I do respect your views.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16409 Oct 4, 2012
Lol, yeah sorry I've been poking in and out of this conversation. Someone asked if I was Atheist.

I don't even really know where you guys are trying to take this anymore.

Just seems like a whole lotta mormon pride and hate?!

Not very productive by any means.

Branson, MO

#16410 Oct 4, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>U and ur friends scat fascination is pathetic. Where does this come from? Chris Buttars was consumed with it too..that creepy cult has perverted ur mind.
Mitt is being ripped to shreds by fact checkers. He's like a little bully boy, running with scissors.
A lot more of nothing. Just like Obama last night, and the last four years. You're impotent and have the smell of lower intestine on your breath. Crawl into your bathroom, brush your teeth, and use some mouth wash in that stink hole you call a mouth.
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Live Oak, CA

#16411 Oct 4, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
Lol, yeah sorry I've been poking in and out of this conversation. Someone asked if I was Atheist.
You just happened by on a day when I've been dressing down the anti-Mormons with what they don't want to talk about.

What happens is their volunteer clergy come here and CONSTANTLY accuse the mormons of being the most evil thing under the sun: to which there's one best answer:

taking a look at them.

See Jesus Christ knew how men intimidate others by using sheer numbers and the 'shame on you for even speaking' power of peer pressure.

So he left an out for those who are deeply curious but not clear because of all the complexity of argument.

(1) WHICH GROUP, ORIGINALLY, SPRANG FROM ROOTS MOST IDENTICALLY MATCHING THE GOD of THE BIBLE?

(2)***WHEN OTHER GROUPS SAY NO, YOU ARE NOT RIGHT ABOUT THAT***

***EXAMINE THE FRUIT OF THEIR CHURCHES' MEMBERS, OVERALL.***

You actually ARE welcome jedi; however you are on Topix: one of the meanest, most honest forums on earth.

Here, people are allowed to tell the truth: even howl it.

Beware you are among some of the most evil people on earth jedi, because here there are Davids,
and there are Goliaths.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16412 Oct 4, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think he got those "skins"? And do you think God sat around skinning animals to make them, or that maybe he instructed Adam how to do it?
You are such a riot.

You think GOD has to do manual labor. You do not think he can make them by command.

How is it that you think the world was made... Do you think God did manual labor and hired a dump truck to put it together?

Get off the stupid juice already!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16413 Oct 4, 2012
rent... rather than hired.
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Live Oak, CA

#16414 Oct 4, 2012
They can't hide the fact their civilization has social stats that look like they come from the employees of a brothel, jedi;

and in the book of mormon a man who lived 2500 years ago saw that a group of people would come to the land of north america, kill the locals who would be long-since lost relatives of the jews, who landed there when they fled the babylonian overthrow of Jerusalem.

the man said the thing he saw in vision from God was that he was amazed how the people who sat on he waters and ruled the whole earth, were just whores. He said they would persecute and strut and bark in front of the straight people that their struggles were pathetic and they should give up sticking so close to the commandments of God,

and adopt the ways of men and women around them.

He said, over and over, that he was stunned by how, everywhere in his vision of all the inhabitants of the earth in this time, today,

practically every body was just a craven whore: who'd do ANYTHING and with ANYBODY and that they LIVED for their POPULARITY WITH THEMSELVES
and EACH OTHER.

And that they'd prowl around and bark rebellion and dare God to catch them in their evil;

when the whole time it wasn't God cursing them, it was themselves, doing it TO themselves, with their own teachings, which they relished to the point where they would murder their critics for speaking against them

and do everything they could to silence their critics.

That's the story of the whole thing in a nutshell jedi

like I said you're in topix homie: keep your arms and legs inside the cockpit, fasten all safety restraint devices, and face forward. Try to remain dispassionate and watch closely to see what you actually are watching.

Watch carefully jedi who keeps being proven factually to be telling the simplest, least varnished, truth.

Opinions of men are those which seem to deviate from the intent and methods used by our father in Heaven.

Eventually, jedi, pick a side: and and stand by that side until you meet the great and the noble, and the low and the proud

at that time when you wake up: recall where and what you were attempting; and are graded on your loyalty
truth
fidelity
and your abiding of laws given you by the
Lord
Our
God
Almighty
Jesus
Christ
and his
Father who sent him unto us: man who became God.

“I will not keep calm”

#16415 Oct 4, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
I think you miss the point of the convos here Jedi. The rest of the "Christian" world and I will use that term loosely, thinks we as Mormons are not Christian. Even though they are aware that we believe in Christ and that we believe he died on the cross for our sins, clearly making us Christian. I don't so much care what anyone thinks, not for my benefit anyway. Unfortunately for my kids ( we live in a small southern town, where Mormonism is highly offensive and often feared) we have parents, grandparents and friends of the children they play with, who come to places such as this to learn what our beliefs are. Now there will always be those Mormon and non- Mormon who will misrepresent those beliefs. As a parent, I come here to clear up untruths, misconceptions and when I need entertainment, engage myself in a fun debate.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16416 Oct 4, 2012
HOMODANAPAGANISMS wrote:
and in the book of mormon a man who lived 2500 years ago saw that a group of people would come to the land of north america, kill the locals who would be long-since lost relatives of the jews, who landed there when they fled the babylonian overthrow of Jerusalem.
Or it could have just been a New York hayseed who was pretending to be a 2,500 yr old prophet just writing what had already had happened. But thinking he was wise, he showed himself to be a fool because there has never been any Jews in America before the time of Columbus, you hick.

“I will not keep calm”

#16417 Oct 4, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a riot.
You think GOD has to do manual labor. You do not think he can make them by command.
How is it that you think the world was made... Do you think God did manual labor and hired a dump truck to put it together?
Get off the stupid juice already!
Umm, I think he was being sarcastic?? Also, I don't think God HAS to do manual labor but I certainly think he has given it a whirl. Then again, What do I know ? I also think God has a sense of humor and laughs at us frequently :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary's Jet and Other Global Climate Phonies (Jul '15) 5 min Actual Science 4
News Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry t... 1 hr ALLAH d PAGAN ALLAH 6
News Elections in Bosnia promise little change (Oct '10) 4 hr Nandrelle 48
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr Levy Hater 31,940
News Brexit casts doubt over Uganda development proj... 5 hr Petra Posta 1
News Toward a kinder, gentler Islam 9 hr naman 9
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 11 hr Steven Spencer 7,350
More from around the web