Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16334 Oct 3, 2012
piratefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously God doesn't considering the first lesson he taught in this mortal life was to cover yourselves... and he gave Adam and Eve coats to cover themselves with.
God doesn't say my way or your way ... he says his way!
I think some people join the Church for other people and don't have a true understanding of the teachings and history that the Church is based on.

Ozark, MO

#16335 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Hi crazy :)
Hi.:-)

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16336 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some people join the Church for other people and don't have a true understanding of the teachings and history that the Church is based on.
2 questions. Why are you talking to yourself? And who are you referring to? If you have something to say.... Say it.
Imhotep

Palatka, FL

#16337 Oct 3, 2012

More than 2/3rds of Earth.

Doubt?

(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/ Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adheren...

Religion is Superstition.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16338 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> 2 questions. Why are you talking to yourself? And who are you referring to? If you have something to say.... Say it.
Just giving Gospel Doctrine to the general population, darling.

“I will not keep calm”

#16339 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just giving Gospel Doctrine to the general population, darling.
*cough* bullsh!!*cough* what you said wasnt doctrine lol it was opinion. From someone who is afraid to say what they mean to the person they are talking about. Hahaha
kefa in YahuShua

Brisbane, Australia

#16340 Oct 3, 2012
What GOD has said regarding the previous and coming USA presidential election and a mormon running for office against the incumbent, Obama.

God’s Will

3/7/08 From God The Father - A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear

Thus says The Lord to the United States: Obama shall lead you. And by him shall My will and judgment against your nation be fulfilled, for all its forsaking of Me and My Israel...

And so I have brought from among your enemy even one from Ishmael, to rule over you for a time and a season, foreordained, until that foretold is accomplished and the king of fierce countenance rules. Then, by that deception conceived of by your enemy and this transgressor, him being full of lofty and elevated words, lies and dark speeches sold as hope, will it return against him ten-fold of the same, by him called Perdition.

Yet remember this: Nothing exists outside of Me, says The Lord, neither does anything continue outside My will; for even the evil of this present world is set within the confines of My will. For evil acts and brings forth of its own, yet is unaware that nothing is hidden before Me; neither has anything come to pass, nor will be, that I have not already beheld... And this, O arrogant and deceived generation, is why I said,“All was written and completed, even before the foundation of the world.”

For I am God! THE GOD!...

The God of Abraham,

The God of Isaac,

The God of Jacob!....

The God of all!...

Even of all that is known and unknown,

The Creator of all things...

The Everlasting, who is from everlasting to everlasting...

I AM.

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16341 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> *cough* bullsh!!*cough* what you said wasnt doctrine lol it was opinion. From someone who is afraid to say what they mean to the person they are talking about. Hahaha
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> *cough* bullsh!!*cough* what you said wasnt doctrine lol it was opinion. From someone who is afraid to say what they mean to the person they are talking about. Hahaha
No sorry. I don't respond to people who tell me to justify myself for my beliefs, nor do I respond to people who take half of my post and reply to them.

You are being seen.

There is no sense in me spending my time argue with you. What you do is between you and God...

->AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT MISREPRESENT THE LDS CHURCH... I do not care what you do.

“I will not keep calm”

#16342 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No sorry. I don't respond to people who tell me to justify myself for my beliefs, nor do I respond to people who take half of my post and reply to them.
You are being seen.
There is no sense in me spending my time argue with you. What you do is between you and God...
->AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT MISREPRESENT THE LDS CHURCH... I do not care what you do.
You just responded to me :)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16343 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> You just responded to me :)
lolol

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16344 Oct 3, 2012
Oh God, Romney sucks at debating.

What a whining, petulant, tantrum-throwing child he is. He cannot do simple math. He is a pathological liar. He is a flaccid weirdo who is sweating like crazy.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16345 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:

What a whining, petulant, tantrum-throwing child he is. He cannot do simple math. He is a pathological liar. He is a flaccid weirdo who is sweating like crazy.
With shifty eyes and a penchant for lies.

Ozark, MO

#16346 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:

Did we watch the same debate??? Even the ultra liberal Bill Maher just tweeted "Obama made a lot of good points, unfortunately, they were all for the Governor." Obama was clearly lost at times and very frustrated. He even very seldom looked in Mitt's direction when speaking, unlike Romney who straightforward and very confident.

Ozark, MO

#16347 Oct 3, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>With shifty eyes and a penchant for lies.
Shifty eyes??? That's it??? Shifty eyes??? Heck, even Bill Maher said Romney won and he guessed the President really does need a Teleprompter.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16348 Oct 3, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Shifty eyes??? That's it??? Shifty eyes??? Heck, even Bill Maher said Romney won and he guessed the President really does need a Teleprompter.
He said Romney lied too.

Location hidden

#16349 Oct 3, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
With shifty eyes and a penchant for lies.
He is hyperventilating all over the place. He looked like he was coming out of his skin and then he contradicted himself repeatedly.

Romney sounds out of control and non Presidential. He flies off the handle and doesn't answer the question about specifics.

Romney is a bald faced liar and people know it.

Location hidden

#16350 Oct 3, 2012
Obama = empathetic adult with substance and SPECIFICS and REALITY behind him. He is very optimistic about the future of us.

Romney = whiny little child with lies and platitudes and no SPECIFICS and no REALITY behind him. He is very negative and he denigrates the USA whenever he can. He is trying to talk down the economy and throw more people out of work just to get power so he can screw the middle class and give himself a ZERO percent tax rate.

Location hidden

#16351 Oct 3, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
He said Romney lied too.
Romney always lies. He opens his sweaty lips and lies just fall out even when the truth will do.

He is VERY NEGATIVE. He is trying to scare people and derail the economy yet again. He promises to create No New Jobs because the 12 million he keeps talking about is what will be created with nothing new happening.

He will kill Obama/Romney Care and kill Medicare by 2016 and raise middle class taxes by $4K/year.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#16352 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Obama = empathetic adult with substance and SPECIFICS and REALITY behind him. He is very optimistic about the future of us.
Romney = whiny little child with lies and platitudes and no SPECIFICS and no REALITY behind him. He is very negative and he denigrates the USA whenever he can. He is trying to talk down the economy and throw more people out of work just to get power so he can screw the middle class and give himself a ZERO percent tax rate.
WOw, you must have had your rose colored glasses on, or is that black colored glasses? Even Bill Maher said Obama lost. Oh, and on taxes, give us some facts, not just your opinion, facts, some real hard core facts on Romneys taxes. You don't have them? Wow.

Ozark, MO

#16353 Oct 3, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>He said Romney lied too.
Of course Maher would say that. I'd expect him to. However, that doesn't negate the fact that he, the ultra liberal atheist, said Romney won. Now does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are Donald Trump supporters gullible? 1 hr Three Psyche 1
News Adam Hinds: A call to action for city's youth (Jul '15) 3 hr the city I hate 21
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 3 hr baybeh 7,145
News The Republican Party is dead 6 hr LarryV 727
News Our Opinion: Maintenance, bridges call for addi... 7 hr Anonymous 3
News Remains of 466 moved out from high-rise site - ... (Oct '09) 10 hr Joe Balls 19
News Why I quit atheism 13 hr Aerobatty 1
More from around the web