Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15217 Sep 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you justify evil by pointing other doing the same. And yes, most of America was wrong in that belief. It doesn't make Young right. But according to you, any evil is OK as long as someone else is doing also. But aren't the prophets suppose to have any standards that are higher then the most ignorant of people during a time?
Justify? You idiot, why don't you read what I write? I was explaining a "mind set". Get it? Do you know what a "mind set" is? Up until SCOTUS made a ruling for interracial relationships, the mind set for many Americans from the foundation of this country in the late 1600s, was to have offence at a white person having a relationship with a non-white person. That was a mind set for the first 250 years of this country.
See, the other poster as any idiot would state it as they did, they want others to think Young cornered the market on being against interracial relationships. They said it that way to make Young appear to be the only one in his time to think that way.
Unfortunately most Christian ministers taught against interracial relationships because they were either A. against it or B. they knew how most reacted to those in those relationships and cautioned people not to do it or suffer the consequences.
You're such an idiot lol.
Livinginthelando fcrazy

Ava, MO

#15218 Sep 15, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>it's sad, u Mormons love pitiful insults so much. And quite funny that every convo had on this thread with one ends in insults. Truth = Terrorism
Oh, again, and you never insult???
Hahahahahaha!!! Now, that's funny.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#15219 Sep 15, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!!! California is a prime example of being run and dominated by the liberal mentality, and what is "politically correct."
California is one of the most diverse places in the world. Do you think the influx of minorities should disregard their traditions or should they be included in the community they way they are. Do you want them to assimilate to your theocarcy. Would that make you more comfortable. Do you think they have nothing to offer. Is it bothersome to you to know non-christians are being included in the community, that there is actual diversity. This seems to be scary for you. Why feel so threatned?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15220 Sep 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you wrestle with pigs, you have to expect to get dirty. Quit being a child molester defender and I'll stop treating you like you are acting. When I talk about filth, I have to get filthy. Get over it, or stop responding to me.
Oh me oh my, little Dana boy called me a child molester, oh my! What shall I do now? That why people in here think you're a child molester because you spend so much time calling others that and that usually reflects what you are to them, get it?
Next, an intelligent person doesn't lower themselves to mentally degrading levels as you lower yourself to. An intelligent person maintains a level of intellect that matches a higher way of appreciating themselves and display it in their speech, by not doing what you do, speaking like some little mentally malfunctioning child with a severe anger problem.
You don't have to resort to the small minded childish speech you make a part of your vocabulary each and every day in these threads. You have made a choice to spew the dark filthy shameful garbage you use for others. And all you prove is how dark and filthy and shamefully you can use words to speak with.
You don't have to talk that way, that's a fact you haven't realized yet. When you let the adult out you keep hidden inside of you much of the time, you'll use better speech naturally.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15221 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll risk it. But you are the last person on earth I would ever trust to know what God allows or does not. But we are certainly commanded to judge the faiths, whether they are of God or not. Get over it.
That's the difference between us. If someone asks you a question of God you'll tell them how you know God feels. If someone asks me a question of God, I'll tell them this my opinion derived from Biblical scriptures and or whatever other sources I'll reference.
You have made yourself God's mouth piece and claim you know how God thinks and feels and people should believe you. You have made yourself a judge of Christian religions and broad cast to others what God has told you of which are okay and which are evil.
I told you, how you judge for yourself is one thing God gave us an okay to do. But when you make yourself as powerful as God, to know the minds and hearts of others and claim because of that power you are as much a judge as God, that others should listen to your judgements and believe them, you trespass where you know not.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15222 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"They swallow the preposterous and ignore possible evidence to the contrary to continue to swallow the preposterous." Pathetic.
I agree :)
Livinginthelando fcrazy

Ava, MO

#15223 Sep 16, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>California is one of the most diverse places in the world. Do you think the influx of minorities should disregard their traditions or should they be included in the community they way they are. Do you want them to assimilate to your theocarcy. Would that make you more comfortable. Do you think they have nothing to offer. Is it bothersome to you to know non-christians are being included in the community, that there is actual diversity. This seems to be scary for you. Why feel so threatned?
Pearl, I don't need you to tell me about California. I'm from California. I've lived there all my life until 7 years ago. I know exactly how California is and how much it's changed over time. Diversity is a good thing. If everyone was the same, it'd be boring. But, when that diversity from the minorities start to dictate how I live, I have a problem. A huge problem. I really wish you could ask a question without assuming.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#15224 Sep 16, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl, I don't need you to tell me about California. I'm from California. I've lived there all my life until 7 years ago. I know exactly how California is and how much it's changed over time. Diversity is a good thing. If everyone was the same, it'd be boring. But, when that diversity from the minorities start to dictate how I live, I have a problem. A huge problem. I really wish you could ask a question without assuming.
Do you have an example of someone dictating how you live? I mean someone other than the mormon church. Do you think it the liberls who elected arnold? Do you think he came in and saved the conservatives from themselves? Most everything changes over time, are you going to blame a liberal?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15225 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"They swallow the preposterous and demand evidence for the obvious." Pathetic.
Dana's beliefs of Smith in a conversation...

"Smith married a bunch of little girls, he had sex with them all and that makes him a pedo! Right?"
Person listening..."Wow really? A bunch of little girls? Wow."
Dana..."Well, not all little girls. But he married them all to have sex with them all the time like any sex perv would do, don't you think that he's a pig and pervert?"
Person listening..."Not all little girls? You said he was a pedo, that means he likes just little girls, not older women. Which is it?"
Dana..."He had several little girls he married for sex and that makes him a pedo and a pig and disgusting right?"
Person listening..."Well if all he married was little girls I suppose. But you said there were a bunch of little girls, just how old were they?"
Dana..."Does it matter? The disgusting pedo pig married little girls for sex!"
Person listening..."Okay, so how many did he get pregnate? Did they put him in Jail for marrying all these little girls and for having sex with them all?"
Dana..."I um, they said, no jail, oh hell he's a pig and a pedo pervert and you're asking to many questions! Just believe what I say okay! What? Are you a pedo too? Huh? You don't believe what I say is the truth? That must make you a pedo to!"
Person listening understands quickly Dana has some issues with telling all the facts and, seems to have a hard time dealing with all the facts he's obviously leaving out and leaves Dana as Dana continues to scream and hollar all the filthy words at him he can because he wouldn't agree with Dana.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15226 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I live in the real world, and not some fantasyland make believe BS that you want to live in.
<quoted text>
I keep on it because you keep denying it. DUH! And there is nothing "supposed" about a 40 yr old screwing a 14yr old being perverted. I'm beginning to wonder why you defend child molesters, unless it's something you have a problem with also.
Real world? lolol...you mean "Dana's real world!" lolol.
See I accept existing evidence to form an opinion because it's unwise to make an opinion where evidence doesn't exist.
You on the other hand, you want evidence that doesn't exist to be accepted as existing evidence. That's fantasy thinking.
Here are facts you ignore so you can grasp hold of your fantasy BS you tell God and anyone that'll listen exists, though it doesn't exist.
You have told and insinuated and Smith had sex with all his wives and called him a sex pervert, meaning he likes/loves sex, meaning he was having lots and lots of sex all the time with all these wives. That is what you have stated as God's own truth of Smith dozens and dozens of times in these threads.
First, their is hearsay and some circumstantial evidence to show Smith married 30 plus wives in a three year period.
Second, Smith married two fourteen year olds and two sixteen year olds and three seventeen year olds.
Third, Smith was aged 35 to 37 when he married over thirty wives, not forty which shows you haven't read much of his life and these wives.
Fourth, of the 31 wives he married in three years, twenty-eight were seventeen and older. Ages we in our time refer to as young women or women.
Fifth, I have denied nothing. You the idiot think I should believe in evidence that doesn't exist as you believe in it.
Sixth, I have never justified the actions of Smith for any "extra" wives regardless of age.
Seventh, you prove your self to be a liar over and over by accusing me of what is not true. I have denied nothing that is existing evidence and I have never justified any of Smith's "extra" wives. So each time you claim that of me, you just show how much of a liar you're will to be to just have something to say. Liar, liar, liar. Plain fricking liar :)
I have stated it is possible that Smith has had sex with one or more of these wives. I have stated this a few times before. But you resort to being a filthy low down liar by exclaiming I haven't said any such thing.
What I have stated that is a fact, is that their is no evidence, no real time beyond a doubt evidence to show Smith was having sexual intercourse with all these other wives you claim was taking place.
That's reality. That's being honest of existing evidence. That is being honest of what is possible while also acknowledging what doesn't exist. You on the other hand have such a depth of dishonesty and twisted thinking that you can't deal with the fact that their is no actual evidence to support your opinion. And you hate that. So you lie and tell/spread rumours and state what you say is God's own truths.
It is plausible to believe Smith had sex with one or more of these wives.
But it's an out right lie to state Smith did in fact have sex with one or more of these wives.
And you would rather preach out right lies, and you wonder why so many call you a liar in here.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15227 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes, I learned to cuss as a Mormon, so? But it does happen, as I'm proof of that, duh!
You learned to cuss as a kid, not a Mormon, that's somemore of your blame it on something else so you don't have to accept responsibility for your actions/choices. If you were a active Mormon obeying the commandment not to cuss, you would have avoided cussing. Get it?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15228 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
There is a proper time for even foul language.

Uh no. Not for a real Christian. That's a perverted way of thinking and no one is surprised you think that way. You have to think perversion to speak perversion, no matter what it is you have taken and perverted and misconstrued as truth.
Jesus never once used fowl language in the Bible. neither is it recorded that the apostles used crass/foul language and were upbraided by Jesus for doing so. The Bible even has a few verses that coach a follower of God for how to speak and how one shouldn't speak concerning evil and crass/foul language that you use all the time.
You claim to be a Christian. You shouldn't find it tough to speak like a Christian if you are a real Christian, not a pervert of perverted language as you use it and then claim you're some honest, good Christian person.
Cussing isn't tough to stop. You just find other words to use, not tough to do. If you're going to make claim to being a Christian, why not speak like one? This really has nothing to do with my boxers :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15230 Sep 16, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text> There seems to be at least a couple of different standards going on here. You refer to Dana as a two faced liar for not revealing information of facts known by him, yet at the same time revere god for doing the same, even expect it. Then you condem him for using circumstantial and hearsay evidence, but at the same time use the same standards for your entire religious belief system. Seriously, why the different standards?
You'll have to expound a bit more of how god is a two face liar and we're to expect that.
For most of his attacks on Smith and his marriages, Dana doesn't use circumstantial evidence. He uses hearsay evidence. A person's statement of something that doesn't include proof for their statement is called hearsay evidence, not circumstantial evidence.
Thus you haven't noted that I get on Dana for using hearsay to support his opinion he claims are based on facts.
I have stated what the hearsay and circumstantial evidence is concerning Smith's marriages, that is the fair and honest thing to do.
Dana states the hearsay evidence and claims it as fact, that's a dishonest thing to do, especially for someone that claims to be a Christian and claims to speak truths and not lies.
Understand the differences?
Proud Mormon

New Paris, OH

#15231 Sep 16, 2012
I like poop.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15232 Sep 16, 2012
pearl wrote:
dana, Btw it's not a liberal non-believer thats knocking on your door trying to tell you how to live. That claims knowledge of whats right or wrong for you and everyone. You've got this suprise guy telling you the proper way to express yourself, and yet you find a liberal condesending? I really don't understand your logic. Please explain.
Bzzzzzz...wrong answer :)
I haven't ever told Dana how "to live", are you resorting to lying to make a point?
You are correct in that I have been telling Dana, that as a Christian, the Christian he claims to be, a Christian full of love and truth and goodness for others, that such a person should want to speak like a Christian as he describes himself to be.
See, my point that Dana hasn't understood is if you're going to tell the world you're a great Christian person, you should want to speak like one.
But if you're not going to speak as a Christian would want to speak, the remedy is simple, stop calling yourself a Christian. Just say you believe in God or something. There's a verse that speaks of taking on Christ and putting Christ to shame by your actions/language. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15233 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote with deception and lies the following...:)
1....He claims he isn't Mormon,(I'm not, so each time you say I am your a liar).
2....but he thinks Joseph Smith is a prophet,(I never said Smith was a prophet, you resort to lying again).
3....and that the Book of Mormon is a real history,(I never said that, that statement makes you an out right pathetic liar).
4....full of revelations from God.(Never said that either, that makes four out right lies on your part.)
5....but thinks that Joseph Smith molesting children is perfectly normal and even the act of a righteous man.(I never said any such thing. That makes five pathetic out right lies you thought you needed to make for what reason? You have proved AGAIN that you would rather resort to being an absolute fricking liar instead of speaking some simple truths of what I did say. LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, lol. Fricking liar...lol...how common of you :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#15234 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprise can try to change my language all he wants, but you have seen how successful he has been.
No no, I don't want to change your language...lol. I want you to want to speak like a Christian that you claim to be. Is there something wrong with my wanting to hear you speak as you claim to be? At present, more often then not, you don't speak like a Christian. You speak like a person speaks that thrives on filth and depravity for language so they can purposefully offend all they talk to because they don't care how foul their speech becomes. Understand?
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15235 Sep 16, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone has done that for you already.
START EXPLAINING HOW YOU CAME TO BELIEVE YOUR CULTURE with FIFTY PERCENT DIVORCE, FIFTY PERCENT R.A.P.E./MOLESTATION OF a.l.l. WOMEN in your CULTURE,
30% of all MEN in Y.O.U.R. culture,

FIFTY PERCENT of YOU MEN ADMITTING ADULTERY ON YOUR WIFE

has something to offer to the lds people besides VENEREAL DISEASE and a FIFTY PERCENT DIVORCE RATE.

Oh YEAH: TOBACCO, HARD PHARMACEUTICAL, and ALCOHOL ADDICTION.

Your HOMOSEXUAL CLERGY to RAPE/MOLEST our EMANCIPATED women's little boys when you're off screwing some other whore...

YOU
NEED
to
EXPLAIN
what it IS
THAT is going to make us all run out and SNAP UP that

FAMOUS FIFTY PERCENTERS' CLUB MEMBERSHIP
so WE
can get our
FIFTY PERCENT DIVORCE RATE,
FIFTY PERCENT WOMEN MOLESTED/RAPED RATE,
FIFTY PERCENT MEN ADMITTING/ADULTERY RATE,
FIFTY PERCENT WOMEN on HARD PHARMACEUTICALS RATE,

and your LESSER KNOWN but STILL GOING QUITE STRONG for Satan,

ONE THIRD of your MEN MOLESTED/RAPED RATE,

and of course your LEGENDARY
ONE in FIVE of your young adults has V.D.

We're all looking to DUMP that
MORE SECURE MARRIAGE,
MORE STABLE NUCLEAR FAMILY,
MORE EDUCATION,
MORE MONEY,
MORE of it to SPEND since there's
LESS ADDICTION,
LESS waste, over all..

How about YOU start BARKING WHICH ONE OF YOUR SALVATION ARMY CROSS DRESSERS has been in a presidential cabinet, and I'll name say 4 or 5 for every one you name, because we're naturally trained leaders.

As were the Israelites of THEIR time, and the CHRISTIANS in the MIDDLE of TIME when Christ visited them in the NEAR EAST.

Hick.

The fact is, YOUR GOSPEL VERSION APPEALS TO LOWER EDUCATED.

Ours appeals to everyone all the way up to some of the most intelligent men of their times.

YOUR GOSPEL LED YOU TO A FIFTY PERCENT DIVORCE RATE
YOUR GOSPEL LED YOU TO A FIFTY PERCENT WOMEN RAPED RATE
YOUR GOSPEL LED YOU TO A FIFTY PERCENT MEN ADMIT ADULTERY RATE.

Our Gospel led us to the pinnacles of leadership in every single field we ever touched, from television where we invented the rasterized screen making modern video even possible,

weapons making in the invention of the .45 Automatic and .50 caliber machine gun, among others -

computers where we invented the LOCAL AREA NETWORK. You've seen the terms WAN/LAN for WIDE AREA NETWORK/LOCAL AREA NETWORK.

WELL the MARINES JUST ORDERED ANOTHER QUARTER MILLION OF THOSE FANTASTIC .45 AUTOS,

and they're going to be looking into rasterized screens,
on the Local Area Networks they're using,

and you're going to listen to another sermon by some cross dressing lesbian telling you, that all those drunks and mentally ill people are in need of you leading THEM.

While we lead in everything from technology to sports to medicine to entertainment, wherever, and whenever, we go. National defence... we're there.

You? You're busily trying to make the Army of Cross Dressing Salvation install your 'homosexuality for everyone, not just clergy' doctrines.

You're a mentally ill man who probably goes to the Salvation Army when you're through lurking at the library all day so you'll be indoors.
YOU areVD infectedWHORES

Los Angeles, CA

#15236 Sep 16, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to have any desire to show any signs of dececncy. You appear paranoid. Or are you just really pissed because the civilization that you claim, as a christian, to have created has come to this, your cultures fifty percent failure rate. You created it. You traded humanity for the space age, when you could of had both. But you, as a christian just had to keep telling people what you demanded was the right way to live. You built it. Now you can't even get along with your own specises. There's nothing noble or exceptional about the world you claim to live in. The mormon community has it's fair share molestation and drug abuse. If you doubt gay people exist in the lds just check out craigslist in salt lake for byu young gay tricket sex. And everyone is aware of the drug presrciption abuse thats rampant with lds women. Last year Utah had the highest rate of accidental drug overdose in the u.s. You created it. You claim to bring civilization to the world and then complain about what you created. You have a huge failure rate
Pearl, you sound like Dana high on valium.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#15237 Sep 16, 2012
My Mother Gave Me VD wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl, you sound like Dana high on valium.
Thank you, because Pearl is very intelligent, unlike you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr Richies Cool Man ... 11,099
News Constitutional Crisis in Slow Motion 4 hr RiccardoFire 96
Self harm is stupid (Apr '15) 16 hr ImJustSomeHuman 14
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Sat sargon 18,793
News Big Dig: Down And Running (Jan '08) Sat Junior 29
News Mother whose 4 children were murdered by ex-hus... (Mar '17) Fri Faith 5
News Here's a new, compassionate idea for dealing wi... Fri Wildchild 2
Best Adult Hookup Sites Online (May '17) Thu Seriously 49
More from around the web