Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
29,601 - 29,620 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mouse, I'll talk to you. I think we left off a few weeks ago with you going on about how difficult life is, and that it is the same for everyone. But, I will glance through the posts and see what I missed and what outrageous claims have been made, that's always entertaining. Glad to see you are well, and are developing a spine.
No, I was saying how important an education is for everyone.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mouse, I'll talk to you. I think we left off a few weeks ago with you going on about how difficult life is, and that it is the same for everyone. But, I will glance through the posts and see what I missed and what outrageous claims have been made, that's always entertaining. Glad to see you are well, and are developing a spine.
Just Clarifying:

I just reread your post Pearl... and if you got the impression that I said the difficulties of life are equal for everyone, than you got the wrong impression.

However, I do not believe I said that.

I said everyone has their challenges... everyone goes through difficult times... and it is hard to crawl out of some wholes ppl are born in without an education.

For most people "EVERYTHING" isn't handed to them throughout life. They have to earn their way. We all have our challenges. We all need to endure and work through them.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Clarifying:
I just reread your post Pearl... and if you got the impression that I said the difficulties of life are equal for everyone, than you got the wrong impression.
However, I do not believe I said that.
I said everyone has their challenges... everyone goes through difficult times... and it is hard to crawl out of some wholes ppl are born in without an education.
For most people "EVERYTHING" isn't handed to them throughout life. They have to earn their way. We all have our challenges. We all need to endure and work through them.
I think you have a sad attitude. It seems you go on and on about it being difficult, when all the while, you make it difficult for yourself.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was saying how important an education is for everyone.
Yes, this claim I can agree with. And I will stack my street smart education against your college education any day. Hell, even I know how to spell "hole". We could discuss education if you want, but I did go through the monotonous task of reviewing what been going on with this thread and there are other posts to address. I'll go fetch some.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,
Regarding my sincerity:
I sincerely raised my right hand, that if you didn't repent I would join the rest of my brothers and sisters (that includes Jesus Christ) and throw you out into hell by hand... just like we did before creating this planet with the other 1/3 of ungovernable buttholes.
You can bet I sincerely stick by THAT til PAST the day I die; and beyond.
You're going to find out how real forever is.
This is a good one. Now I know you are big on evidence, so I'm sure you have some, for such a pompous and obnoxious claim. Or maybe you could describe it from a vivid memory?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I can appreciate you're using what we do now in modern times because many treat their sexuality as a play toy because of how our societies view sex as a play time exercise but, you have to maintain a remembrance we are dealing with said supposed events that took place in the 1840's where simple adultery could get you whipped and or tarred and feathered and or jailed and sometimes even shot.
And you forget we're speaking of a guy that was pro-pregnancy. And you forget his first wife and many of his illegally married wives were pro-pregnancy.
If you want to join the crowd that wants to believe the absurd without asking logical questions have at it.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts, but I really can't let this one go. First of all "what we do now in modern times" has always been done. There are many many many sex scandals written about throughout history, Caesar was a husband to the wives and a wife to the husbands. One of my favorites is David and Bathsheba. Both stories are a good example of what happens to men when they become powerful, their sexual appetite always increases. To think that people were somehow more pious or less likely to commit adultery a hundred and fifty years ago is naive to say the least. And this claim of ole Joe being pro pregnancy, well maybe he was, with Emma anyway. But since Emma wouldn't acknowledge any other wives, surely there would have been trouble on the home front, had Joey impregnated others. He would have had to placate Emma, can't have a prophet getting a divorce, that just looks bad. And if he was pro pregnancy there should have been bastard kids of his running around. Perhaps he was into oral or anal sex {yes that did happen in the past}. Regardless, to claim other scenarios are absurd, all the while believing covert sexual activity doesn't take place in powerful men, or was less likely in the past, truly is absurd.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
At the present time no. To be gay and married infers sexually active spouses of the same sex. They wouldn't be allowed in. Just like a single person having sex wouldn't be allowed in. Just like a married hetero person committing adultery wouldn't be allowed in.
Yes, being married infers sexual activity, children or not.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I think you have a sad attitude. It seems you go on and on about it being difficult, when all the while, you make it difficult for yourself.
Well your entitled to your opinion. But, you don't know me... and honestly I have a very good attitude and don't think poor me all the time like you do. I still think you need to get an education.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good one. Now I know you are big on evidence, so I'm sure you have some, for such a pompous and obnoxious claim. Or maybe you could describe it from a vivid memory?
I don't know what I have ever done to you except for suggest everyone get an education... but I'm really not too worried about it. You can be an obnoxious pompous ass if you want but it won't get you far.

Good luck to you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts, but I really can't let this one go. First of all "what we do now in modern times" has always been done. There are many many many sex scandals written about throughout history, Caesar was a husband to the wives and a wife to the husbands. One of my favorites is David and Bathsheba. Both stories are a good example of what happens to men when they become powerful, their sexual appetite always increases. To think that people were somehow more pious or less likely to commit adultery a hundred and fifty years ago is naive to say the least. And this claim of ole Joe being pro pregnancy, well maybe he was, with Emma anyway. But since Emma wouldn't acknowledge any other wives, surely there would have been trouble on the home front, had Joey impregnated others. He would have had to placate Emma, can't have a prophet getting a divorce, that just looks bad. And if he was pro pregnancy there should have been bastard kids of his running around. Perhaps he was into oral or anal sex {yes that did happen in the past}. Regardless, to claim other scenarios are absurd, all the while believing covert sexual activity doesn't take place in powerful men, or was less likely in the past, truly is absurd.
Are you suggesting that Joseph Smith only had anal or oral sex with all his other wives and vaginal sex only with Emma?

You sure do have a vivid judgmental mind. Not all men who have power are sex perverts. Not all women with no jobs become prostitutes.

The Church teaches morals and it seems as if you don't have much... and that is a sad, sad thing.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

First thing I must say to you Pearl, is if you have something to say... you need to provide the evidence. Real evidence that you researched not that you make up or speculation or your opinion.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
First thing I must say to you Pearl, is if you have something to say... you need to provide the evidence. Real evidence that you researched not that you make up or speculation or your opinion.
Evidence would be nice. But I'm not the one who claims to have made this planet and also have the power to throw people into hell. So...got any evidence or just hearsay?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what I have ever done to you except for suggest everyone get an education... but I'm really not too worried about it. You can be an obnoxious pompous ass if you want but it won't get you far.
Good luck to you.
Again I'm not the one who claims to have created this planet and have the power to cast people into hell.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence would be nice. But I'm not the one who claims to have made this planet and also have the power to throw people into hell. So...got any evidence or just hearsay?
No one is making those claims, pumpkin...

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence would be nice. But I'm not the one who claims to have made this planet and also have the power to throw people into hell. So...got any evidence or just hearsay?
Who made the planet Pearl?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

was it Aliens who made the planet? are Aliens going to throw you in hell if you don't follow God's commands?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

pearl wrote:
You have come back in a foul mood... What happened while you were gone?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your entitled to your opinion. But, you don't know me... and honestly I have a very good attitude and don't think poor me all the time like you do. I still think you need to get an education.
Where have I claimed poor me? You have lectured me over and over about how hard life can be, I'm just calling bullshit. Life is not hard.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you new here Expert?

and in advance plz forgive any typos.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you read the posts on the previous page, that might help you understand what's going on. We will wait for you to catch up. If it's difficult for you, I'm sure we can provide the post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••