Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33236 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

hal

Sydney, Australia

#13662 Nov 28, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Two more comments that focus on the weaksand stupid valve becoming even more ignorant....:) Change out that sponge and disinfect that retentive three pronged hole system loosebowels.... lets hear the cheers: Go... menstrual mary miss sand..... A SPONGE who represents today frigid bleeding pus eating terd.... Yay QUEEFsand.....(hahahaha)... Keep trying....
You're venturing out a bit these days Herby.
I take it homosexuality bothers you somewhat?
Have you tried it?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13663 Nov 28, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
NoIQ
:-)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13665 Nov 28, 2012
hal wrote:
<quoted text>
You're venturing out a bit these days Herby.
I take it homosexuality bothers you somewhat?
Have you tried it?
Nope... weaksand is a cellar dwelling terd... Sounds like you possibly have delved into male on male issues and maybe that is why you seem to care so much... If someone is qualified at an occupation then let that talent speak.... Not the sexual choices and gender they are... Who cares about the sexual choices.... But stop forcing them on others who don't care.... You and weaksand seem to have a stock portfolio in some of this.... If not then why the f*&^ do you care so much....:)
hal

Sydney, Australia

#13666 Nov 28, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Not wearing mixed fibers was symbolic of Israel not mixing with other nations. That ended when the Gospel was opened to all.
When an English word was coined is completely irrelevant to the Bible. Take a look at these passages:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Clearly a lot of the Bible has been framed by men with anti gay agendas.
The only parts of the Bible that you can even begin to believe "might" be genuine, are those that clearly reflect the positive virtues.
No real God would ever have been into the grosser elements of "punishment", let alone the outright sadism and torture so endearingly described and encouraged in so many of the texts, which clearly reflect the natures of the monsters who created them.
Not unlike the monstrosities that have been abroad in the churches of modern times, preying on, and committing the most horrendous assaults against children.
No creationist God, such as we claim to believe in, would ever promulgate other than promotion of themes in the most positive of ways.
Positivity implies creation, and rejoices in virtue.
Negativity always leads to first distress, then destruction.
You cannot accept other than this, if you claim to believe in the positive of love.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#13668 Nov 28, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think lying about my identity cancels the many New Testament commands against all homosexual behavior, after the Gospel was opened to all?
You are either crazed, or just being silly.
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual acts in the plainest of language and it both Testaments. This applies to all people and all situations and stands for eternity.
Well then good I say as that only discredits the Bible as a worthless piece of unintelligble nonsense. I have said for years that the Bible can not be trusted and Thank you David Moore from Pekin Ill for making my case.

The Bible is unreliable and can not be trusted so who cares what it says about anything because it also says its opposites.

And just look at David and how belief in it has destroyed his mind and turned him into a hateful monster just like the God of the Bible only with out any of the power.
realtalk69

United States

#13670 Nov 28, 2012
R. Alan do u believe in heaven or hell? If so then the bible is as close to the truth as u r going to get. We all know that man wrote the book but it is through God that they wrote it. Now no one on this sight is going to try and get u to believe but when the day of judgment comes on u don't say u didn't know what to do when u where living. That my fellow human being is realtalk.
realtalk69

United States

#13672 Nov 28, 2012
People that r gay or whatever u want to call it have a chose. But a lot of it comes from how they are raised or they want to try something out but are afraid to ask a female if its a male to play with his butt if that's what he likes, instead he will get someone who he knows will and wont feel bad about doing it. Real men and women if u like something and u really want it from your wife or husband ask for it u may be in for a surprise. Realtalk.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13673 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote:
R. Alan do u believe in heaven or hell? If so then the bible is as close to the truth as u r going to get. We all know that man wrote the book but it is through God that they wrote it. Now no one on this sight is going to try and get u to believe but when the day of judgment comes on u don't say u didn't know what to do when u where living. That my fellow human being is realtalk.
There is no such thing as God and I will be happy to prove it to you just as soon as you are finished proving your claim that there is.

Deeply held beliefs and quoting the Bible is no proof at all. The Bible contradicts itself endlessly so it is totally useless.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13674 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote:
How do you know there is going to be a day of judgement?

Your mamma told you and you believed her? What else do you have besides deeply held beliefs?

The Bible isn't even clear on who is going to do the judging!

St. Paul: "...and to God the Judge of all,...." (Heb.12:23)

versus

Jesus: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22) and "Jesus said,`For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see might see....'" (John 9:39 RSV) and "Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matt. 19:28).

ALAN: According to Paul, God was to do all judging; while Jesus specifically said others would perform the task.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13675 Nov 28, 2012
St. Paul: "... God the Judge of all,...." (Heb.12:23)

versus

Jesus: "For the Father judgeth no man..." John 5:22

ALAN: Does that really sound inspired to you? Something a God would write in perfection and clairty?

Honestly, this is something we'd expect from the drunk tank at the local jail. Certainly we can't trust the Bible to tell us the truth about anything.
realtalk69

United States

#13681 Nov 28, 2012
Jesus will not judge man. God will. But u wont come to God unless through Jesus. Without him he will denie u. So guess what. If u are denied by Jesus u only have one place to go and thats hell. Believe it or not. Just wait we'll c.
realtalk69

United States

#13682 Nov 28, 2012
And it's not about what u can prove. Its what u believe. FAITH FAITH FAITH.........
Robsan5

United States

#13683 Nov 28, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Two more comments that focus on the weaksand stupid valve becoming even more ignorant....:) Change out that sponge and disinfect that retentive three pronged hole system loosebowels.... lets hear the cheers: Go... menstrual mary miss sand..... A SPONGE who represents today frigid bleeding pus eating terd.... Yay QUEEFsand.....(hahahaha)... Keep trying....
" A SPONGE who represents today frigid bleeding pus eating terd.... "?!? When you figure out what this "meens", could you let us know?

So Weak. So lame. So Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, OCD/ADHD boy!)
Robsan5

United States

#13684 Nov 28, 2012
DMAN wrote:
<quoted text> The xerox machine is breaking down.... Just like its parts are worn out by the sodomy train that keeps sloshing into it..... Soon that train will go unheard due to that tunnel being so wide....(hahahahahha)
Another post focusing on gay anal sex, FAKER. Is that all you think about? No wonder "your" repeating the "eight grade" again.

Weak. Lame. Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13685 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote:
Jesus will not judge man. God will. But u wont come to God unless through Jesus. Without him he will denie u. So guess what. If u are denied by Jesus u only have one place to go and thats hell. Believe it or not. Just wait we'll c.
Jesus: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22)

ALAN: I just love it when Christians call Jesus a liar.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13686 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote:
And it's not about what u can prove. Its what u believe. FAITH FAITH FAITH.........
ALAN: No two of you insane Christians believes the same thing, that is why we have had war for the last 2,000 years. It is insanity to believe something with out proof. Intelligent people keep looking for evidence and here you brag that you don't need any and still you feel no shame that your shoe size is a higher number than your IQ.

Thank Gawd for the internet where idiots like you can be shown up to be idiots.
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#13687 Nov 28, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
" A SPONGE who represents today frigid bleeding pus eating terd.... "?!? When you figure out what this "meens", could you let us know?
So Weak. So lame. So Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Basically einstein..... It MEENS.......... You are a contraceptive sponge that catches crap/semen/blood/garbage..... Do you.......... UNDER..... STAND ........NOW Miss menstrual.... You have lost more blood than what i first thought... Maybe you should up iron levels....(Thats a mineral) moron...... Or maybe use more maxi pads.... Those are for when the menstrual cycle acts up....(LIKE YOURS)...... Frigid meens.......... Cold to the touch.......... A terd is what defines your youre existance on this earth.....(Earth is a planet in the solar system moronsand) You now are educated on some issues.... Hopefully next time the kids SODOMIZE you... Your youre... feet will move faster towards a book instead of the nearest pole......:) Keep trying weaksand..... "HILARIOUS"

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13688 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote:
Jesus will not judge man. God will.
VERSES

Jesus: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22) and "Jesus said,`For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see might see....'" (John 9:39 RSV)

ALAN: Hummm, whom should we believe the insano-christian or the words as they appear in the Bible?

Do you have any idea RT69 how many Christians would have you put to death for calling Jesus a liar, and instead of admitting you made a mistake you call Jesus a liar again and then make up some apologitic that can not be supported by biblical text.

INSANE!!!! You have more to worry about when you die than I do.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13689 Nov 28, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>If you didn't care, you wouldn't be trolling a Bible thread, somehow thinking you're discounting the truth I post by lying about my identity.
Face reality. You have serious issues, choosing to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against homosexual behavior and as a result considering yourself as waste water.
You don't have to live like that. It's your choice. You could repent and find happiness.
Face reality David. You have not found happiness. You are the most pathetic little sniveler on Topix. Your web site sucks too.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#13690 Nov 28, 2012
realtalk69 wrote: Jesus will not judge man. God will.

VERSES

Jesus: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22)

ALAN: The Bible says there is a special place in Hell for those who change even just one word in the Bible, I can't imagion how much worse it will be for you calling sweet Jesus a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Health workers thanked for care (Nov '12) 35 min Did u know about... 2
News Letter: Impressed by store owners 4 hr Adam Lambert 2
News Printed Letters: May 27, 2015 6 hr PowerOfChoice 1
News Reforming Islam remains a fantasy 7 hr Dawn of Reality 2
Nobody has walked on the Moon... Moon Landing H... 9 hr steve 3
News Route of Burlington's first highway argued befo... 11 hr why no protest by... 1
News Town, Region decisions will cost taxpayers (Jun '08) 12 hr where r reserves ... 4
More from around the web