Letters on Homestead Heritage: Commun...

Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 8729 comments on the Waco Tribune-Herald story from May 20, 2007, titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

Baaah

Austin, TX

#5967 Feb 20, 2013
How do I know I AM is not possible according to the JisG interpretation of Jn 8:58?

Look at the passage.

It isn't that abstract. These two verses really get down to the heart of the matter:

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

So then was the issue deity or not?
And look at the end of v. 54 "of whom ye say, that he is your God."

Is Jesus after all correcting them in their view that the Father only is God?

Or is he telling them he is of God from God annointed of God, eh:

but I know him, and keep his saying.

KNOWING of God. Not BEING God. Heaven forbid.
La Familia of God?

This is Jewish?

So what COULD he mean that before Abraham was he existed?

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

He was saying that Abraham saw the glory of his glory is my view. Maybe even a messianic vision or something. Maybe even prophesied of him.

Abraham saw Jesus playing at the feet of his Father?

What is this a child's story? Are we still children?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5968 Feb 20, 2013
So well then the Jews were saying in essence, "Who do you think you are Jesus of Nazareth, a man GREATER than Abraham even GREATER than a prophet?

And Jesus responds, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

Meaning he trumped them totally. Greater than Abraham, greater than a prophet, greater than er um an angel, greater than anything they could THINK OF as great...

since he is God Himself. WHOO HOO.

He told them off all right. Dissed them right off the rap arena. Took their shoes and their pants too.

Before Abraham was, I AM GOD. Whoo hoo.

East coast, west coast. Jesus told them off to the maximum max.....

Er, except that isn't how the event went. Jesus was saying he is annointed -- the Annointed.
The Christ. This was always what Jesus required of us.

This was always what God required of us.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5969 Feb 20, 2013
I correct myself here:

and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

they weren't even saying Jesus was making himself GREATER than a prophet.

They were saying the prophets were all dead, who did Jesus think he was?

One of them?

And he tells them he is God?

Is this actually the way things went down?

And Jesus would be actually referring to the Exodus 3:14 passage where YHWH says his name is
I am being the being one?

Ego eimi says this? And Jesus was cryptically saying the same?

Whoo hoo. Baaah likes it.

If he didn't have a noggin to think with.

What WAS his defense?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

Yeth, and thith ith YHWH. Am I speaking the King's English here?

Is someone reading this?

How far we have strayed. Joel Hemphill: "I repent of 50 YEARS of false view. That Jesus is God."
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5970 Feb 20, 2013
Joel's father was a Oneness Pentecostal Preacher in Louisiana before he was one...

one time sucker punched by the brass knuckles of a pentecostal hater...

Joel himself a round mound of old white hair...

not to be trifled with. Why because he is a man of men a strong man of the movies and of hollywood, a smart man and a rich man?

You gotta be tough to survive as a Oneness Pentecostal to begin with. In New Jersey, in Colorado, in Texas.

Am I preaching now? Where does the strength of YHWH lie? In my own right arm?

How about in the truth?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5971 Feb 20, 2013
Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house? Luke 2:49.

Take these things away; you shall not make my Father's house a house of trade." His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house will consume me." John 2:16-17.

If Jesus is God, then was not the Temple his too?

Why did he call it his Father's house?

And does this not precluded any other from being the Messiah today or after the destruction of the Temple? Just an aside.
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

#5972 Feb 20, 2013
MATTHEW 22:
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

It is my prayer that HH returns to the Word of God in the Holy Bible.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5973 Feb 21, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
MATTHEW 22:
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Although the Shema is directly to God, the first believers knew this meant through our Lord.

God = YHWH. Jesus = Lord.

The key is that Adonai elohenu replaced YHWH elohenu when the prayer was pronounced. But they knew that 'Adonai' referred to YHWH and 'elohenu' was what He was, a supernatural or heavenly being.

When 'kurios' was replaced, the Lord of us became the Son. This does not mean the Son is YHWH elohenu or that the Son is God.

This meant that the Son of God, like Adam who was called the Son of God by Luke was both Fathered directly by God and beloved especially by God.

Never in the Jewish mind did they think Jesus was God. His detractors once tried to place this blasphemy on him in Jn 10.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5974 Feb 21, 2013
Well, if Jesus is Fathered directly by God, he must BE God?

I run across this time and time again on theology boards.

I see the connection, but the first question would be then, isn't Adam God too? He had no human father OR mother, right?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5975 Feb 21, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
MATTHEW 22:
What HH has done is to say that Shema is fulfilled through their leadership. This is logical although I have never heard them mention Shema as Shema.

The Lord of us is in the Spirit of us. This is exemplified by the leaders of us. The trickle-down of Spirit is to the annointed one first and then his right hand men second.

Problem: the trickle-down trickled down to these also.
No man today has the same authority as Paul Silas.

Paul Silas WROTE scripture. Paul Silas WAS Shema and told us so when we doubted his authority. No man suffered as much, raced as hard or loved his God more than him. Except the Lord of him whom he worshiped.

Miracles, signs and wonders. FAITH which he had in abundance. The authority to judge and to make directives. The authority even over the 'pillars' at the first apostolic conference.

Men are still gifted. And some more than others.

No man is gifted like the first generation. These were the bastions of faith.

Now we deal with reality which is that the Spirit among us is a dimmer light. But in the very end days it will be sparked once again, for ALL. Sons, daughters, old men and young.

Acts 2

"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5976 Feb 21, 2013
It is because they do not teach Shema that I know they are not inerrant.

Shema is catalyst to New Reformation.

MORE than just letting leaders lead you. MORE than
pep rallies in the pentecostal tradition.

MORE than groans and repentance and supplications
and vain repetitions to Jesus.

Shema means the proper channel of authority is revived. All Law stems up to the Law of Love.
All worship is to God first, through his Son our Lord second. This is in Spirit and we watch for this among all of us, especially our leaders.

No more OSAS. No more Cheep Grace the mere peep of the new believer (confession of faith) and all is well. No more obsession over small law. No more
looking at each other for small digressions IN the law.

No more looking for sin in each other? Why?

Isn't this Satan's own attack? Every one of us will sin. The Shema is just as hard today as it ever was. To love YHWH with ALL is easy?

If you look for sin in each other you will certainly find it. How about looking for the faith in each other?

HH does this, look for sin all the time? Well exes, what do YOU think? Inside, readers? What do YOU think?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5977 Feb 21, 2013
HH does not believe in OSAS. HH does not believe in Cheep Grace.

This is mainstream. They are worst than a cult.

They are lukewarm. Overall.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5978 Feb 21, 2013
Baaah knows everything and Baaah knows what is wrong with the whole Christian religion?

Baaah has come to know a little bit of the Shema.

That's all. The implications are great. Think about it.

It is only the Great Command.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5979 Feb 21, 2013
This is HH:

Wow, John said WHEN you sin, you have an advocate
just like in the beginning when you sinned all the time...

so then the next time I sin, I will pray for forgiveness. Glad THIS didn't happen yesterday, or the day before.

Or today. So far.

BONK.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5980 Feb 21, 2013
This is HH:

Wow, I'm glad I don't sin as much as the visitor under my wing.

He sure sins alot. I will pray for him and help him
be as holy as I am.

BONK.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5981 Feb 21, 2013
This is HH:

Wow, this visitor REALLY needs to be rebuked; he doesn't seem to get it. That WE are his authorities and elders and (Lords but I dare not think this word).

Maybe next year we'll do it. He sure has one coming.
My my the patience we must show him...

BONKABONK.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5982 Feb 21, 2013
Yeth, Baaah wore a leather jacket, Levi pants and
a woman's hat under the sun.

And read bestseller fiction novels.

Alot worse than that. He had illicit thoughts all the time, for one thing.

Like: "Where am I, on planet Mars?"
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5983 Feb 21, 2013
See, my brothers made a vast mistake...

allowing themselves to be seen as brothers and not as my lords...

since they were my mentors and shepherds.

I wanted ALL my brothers to be like this, knowing Ricco and Ralph as I did.

Brothers whom I loved. The rest being somewhat like

Martians to me.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5984 Feb 21, 2013
And this is like their marriages too...

lord over lord who are over the kiddies.

God made woman as a companion first.

Lordship happens because of the flesh of us.
In Spirit there is no divisiveness, since everyone knows where they should be and what they should do.

Paul says "I go there." Mark says "I will go with you."

John says, "I will stay here." Peter says, "I will stay here, God bless you."

No problems, mon.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5985 Feb 21, 2013
So Baaah asked to help out once a week at the Research Center...

he figured they do what they always do: research and such you know the usual types of things people in Church do, he read the "Who Owns the Children" lit and "How do You Know" and whatever else that was given him...

he didn't know the logistics involved going from Austin to Waco, that no one was there who had relationship to him to OVERSEE this wayward soul...

This OVERSEEING so necessary because he was in fact inside the fencelines ON PLANET MARS.

And so the request was never addressed. And redtape rules just as in any bureaucracy; he got lost in the redtape.

But if in fact the Research Center had no secrets to reveal, only the principles he already read of, then there would be no reason to have to oversee him in the first place.

He could commute there, work and go home. Just like in a Body of Christ.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5986 Feb 21, 2013
What kind of secrets?

Well, Baaah doesn't really know. Even after 10 years he never got the lowdown.

Ever see a sheep that a man is about to slaughter?
He trusts his shepherd, even to the knife cutting his throat. His eyes are trusting until they dim out.

These eyes I never had. Is this like the Indians trusting the white man to give them food? And a nice house to live in?

All I know is that everything hinges upon their Shepherding doctrines. These are secret since
if known do not enhance the required attitude.

Trusting eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min Rose_NoHo 6,997
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 32 min TRUMP 45 563
News COMMENTARY: How the DREAM Act divides families 36 min spytheweb 3
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 52 min Gay Guy 9,002
News Lessons from the GOP's mostly dead healthcare plan 1 hr fingers mcgurke 1
News The Barons fiasco - Bluefield boot lacks fundam... (Aug '07) 4 hr Get off at noon 6
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... 7 hr Red Crosse 16
More from around the web