Are we dumping the homeless?

Are we dumping the homeless?

There are 34 comments on the The Daily Republic story from Oct 16, 2014, titled Are we dumping the homeless?. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

Did Vacaville City Manager Laura Kuhn call her Fairfield counterpart, David White, and complain that Fairfield's homeless were showing up in Vacaville? That's what Fairfield Councilwoman Catherine Moy alleged at a City Council candidates forum last week. Kuhn has denied it and White isn't talking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ose Barra

Vacaville, CA

#1 Oct 16, 2014
I think the 1033 program of acquiring surplus government equipment should be used to set up large green military tents for the homeless in the front yards of the city managers and council members of Fairfield and Vacaville.

If that happened homelessness issues in Fairfield and Vacaville would disappear quickly.
Oso the Bear

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Oct 17, 2014
Homelessness was never a real problem in Vacaville when the Greyhound Bus stopped here. We simply rounded up all the bums and put them on the bus with a one-way ticket to Sacramento.
uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#3 Oct 24, 2014
Give them all 1 way tickets to Hawaii, it will take forever for them to find their way back. It would be much cheaper than anything else.
Mike

United States

#4 Dec 19, 2014
Being homeless was fun but that was before I became a fireman and started raising a family
CAPTAIN KURK

Cookeville, TN

#5 Feb 19, 2015
THE HOMELESS MIGHT NEED A PLACE TO LIVE DUM-ASSES!!!!!!.NOT ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE HOMELESS ARE BUMS.PEOPLE LOSE THEIR JOBS AND CANNOT AFFORD THE HIGH RENTS,OR HOMEOWNERSHIP.AND ALL THE WET-BACKS FROM MEXICO TAKEING THE JOBS. WHAT IS A WOMAN OR MAN THAT WANTS TO WORK,TO DO.I HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET,AND CA HAS A LOT OF ABANDONED HOUSES.WHY WANT YOU PUT THE HOMELESS IN ALL THOSES ABANDONED HOUSES.
Enter Username

Walnut Creek, CA

#6 Feb 20, 2015
CAPTAIN KURK wrote:
THE HOMELESS MIGHT NEED A PLACE TO LIVE DUM-ASSES!!!!!!.NOT ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE HOMELESS ARE BUMS.PEOPLE LOSE THEIR JOBS AND CANNOT AFFORD THE HIGH RENTS,OR HOMEOWNERSHIP.AND ALL THE WET-BACKS FROM MEXICO TAKEING THE JOBS. WHAT IS A WOMAN OR MAN THAT WANTS TO WORK,TO DO.I HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET,AND CA HAS A LOT OF ABANDONED HOUSES.WHY WANT YOU PUT THE HOMELESS IN ALL THOSES ABANDONED HOUSES.
Hey you liberal POS! This is America, the best country on the world! If a person can't afford to pay for their own housing then they aren't entitled to the freebies. And they should NOT be allowed to camp on open spaces or under our bridges.

Nope, man, woman or child - if they want shelter, they should be required to WORK FOR IT, regardless of age or infirmity.

Since: Aug 10

Oakland, CA

#7 Feb 20, 2015
CAPTAIN KURK wrote:
It sure looks like your location name suits you perfectly, Kook Ville
Its not just you

Santa Rosa, CA

#8 Oct 16, 2018
uppercut wrote:
Give them all 1 way tickets to Hawaii, it will take forever for them to find their way back. It would be much cheaper than anything else.
I tried to get a free flight from Alaska to another country one time because I ran out of money and was literally tortured by the soup kitchen and the town itself...They just called cops on me at the airport who only topped it off and no free flight was offered. I even used the deportation of illegal immigrants as a pretext. Nothing worked. I genuinely wanted to get out. This just shows that the US is all about abuse. Panhandling and hustling can be a savor if you luck out. That's how I helped myself before I got paid social security the following month and then took a flight to Seattle as per the "advice" of the customer service. If there was somebody out there who liked and cared about me, this is what happened after that soup kitchen committed that hate crime.

And please realize that you're bad people for wanting what you're demanding of the city and the homeless. There is no end to your evil.
sam

United States

#9 Oct 16, 2018
Its not just you wrote:
<quoted text>

I tried to get a free flight from Alaska to another country one time because I ran out of money and was literally tortured by the soup kitchen and the town itself...They just called cops on me at the airport who only topped it off and no free flight was offered. I even used the deportation of illegal immigrants as a pretext. Nothing worked. I genuinely wanted to get out. This just shows that the US is all about abuse. Panhandling and hustling can be a savor if you luck out. That's how I helped myself before I got paid social security the following month and then took a flight to Seattle as per the "advice" of the customer service. If there was somebody out there who liked and cared about me, this is what happened after that soup kitchen committed that hate crime.

And please realize that you're bad people for wanting what you're demanding of the city and the homeless. There is no end to your evil.
"Evil" WTF is that about? You got a ticket to Seattle? Why did someone advise you to go there? Why there, did you have a job waiting for you? Surely you understand why some people work, pay taxes, don't want higher taxes to help pay for the homeless. So by your thinking, panhandling (begging) and hustling (scamming) are "a savior".? That's the problem it's the thinking.
sam

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2018
CAPTAIN KURK wrote:
And who would pay the property taxes, up keep, utility bills........YOU?
What a shock

New York, NY

#11 Oct 16, 2018
Its not just you wrote:
<quoted text>

Funny.I used to be homeless.Wasn't anyone's fault but mine.I never panhandled.Was able to go to places that fed homeless people.
Lived under the bridge in a large Texas city.The druggies panhandled daily though.They made as much as three hundred dollars a day.People can be generous.
The mental cases were there because they were out of it.
Relatively antisocial,I eschewed human contact,probably why I never did the panhandling.
I wasn't too antisocial to get food where they offered it though.
Neither did I blame everyone else for being homeless.
What a shock

New York, NY

#12 Oct 16, 2018
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evil" WTF is that about? You got a ticket to Seattle? Why did someone advise you to go there? Why there, did you have a job waiting for you? Surely you understand why some people work, pay taxes, don't want higher taxes to help pay for the homeless. So by your thinking, panhandling (begging) and hustling (scamming) are "a savior".? That's the problem it's the thinking.
Seattle is known for "freebies" .
A Thought

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2018
said b4, say again... build it and they shall come. stop providing services in your town, they will mostly go elsewhere ...
Housed are the problem

Santa Rosa, CA

#15 Oct 17, 2018
What a shock wrote:
<quoted text> Funny.I used to be homeless.Wasn't anyone's fault but mine.I never panhandled.Was able to go to places that fed homeless people.
Lived under the bridge in a large Texas city.The druggies panhandled daily though.They made as much as three hundred dollars a day.People can be generous.
The mental cases were there because they were out of it.
Relatively antisocial,I eschewed human contact,probably why I never did the panhandling.
I wasn't too antisocial to get food where they offered it though.
Neither did I blame everyone else for being homeless.
If you think it's all your fault, you think too much of yourself. Plus, you do look like a control freak.
Housed are the problem

Santa Rosa, CA

#16 Oct 17, 2018
A Thought wrote:
said b4, say again... build it and they shall come. stop providing services in your town, they will mostly go elsewhere ...
That would be too evil.
Sonja

United States

#17 Oct 17, 2018
Housed are the problem wrote:
<quoted text>

That would be too evil.
How so? Is it better to make people dependent on you? Now who is the control freak?
What a shock

New York, NY

#18 Oct 17, 2018
Housed are the problem wrote:
<quoted text>

If you think it's all your fault, you think too much of yourself. Plus, you do look like a control freak.
So,by some unknown psychic phenomena,you can reach across the ether and determine whether my being homeless was my own fault?? And I'M THE CONTROL FREAK??
You make snap judgements on people,which seems to be a liberal "thing" these days.
What a shock.
windows

United States

#19 Oct 17, 2018
YES.
reality

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2018
Enter Username wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you liberal POS! This is America, the best country on the world! If a person can't afford to pay for their own housing then they aren't entitled to the freebies. And they should NOT be allowed to camp on open spaces or under our bridges.

Nope, man, woman or child - if they want shelter, they should be required to WORK FOR IT, regardless of age or infirmity.
Seriously? Not everyone is born into opportunity. Not everyone that is homeless wants to be there. What freebies ? In my state you work for everything but that is one out of many that don't . People also become I'll and lose jobs etc. so are we to treat them the same as well? You obviously have had no real dose of what it's like to starve and want for basic needs. Pull your blinders off and look around!
What a shock

New York, NY

#22 Oct 17, 2018
Enter Username wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you liberal POS! This is America, the best country on the world! If a person can't afford to pay for their own housing then they aren't entitled to the freebies. And they should NOT be allowed to camp on open spaces or under our bridges.

I'm not a liberal.But....if homeless people can't camp in open spaces or under bridges,that kind of limits where they can EXIST.You sound like a person who is mentally deranged.
And you apparently think people who don't have arms or legs just need to get a good job.
You need a good tune up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where's the compassion? (Jun '09) 2 hr Hilloreefartcabbages 18
News Trump's land of delusion 2 hr RiccardoFire 6,925
News A conservative's view of the election (Nov '06) 4 hr AlertDotNet 3
News Newt Gingrich is right about the Democrats' IT ... 6 hr Cordwainer Trout 10
News There's a massive double standard in our debate... 7 hr mrgleeble 1
News Trump Derangement Syndrome may knock president'... 9 hr Stealth World War 88
News Charlie Kirk: Democrats come out the big losers... Mon WillyWonka750 2