Ukraine's battle is not about fascists

Ukraine's battle is not about fascists

There are 26 comments on the The Japan Times story from Mar 24, 2014, titled Ukraine's battle is not about fascists. In it, The Japan Times reports that:

"And from a Jewish perspective?" I asked Josef Zissels. The veteran Ukrainian dissident, Jewish activist and passionate advocate of Ukraine's "Maidan" movement, had just finished briefing a Warsaw audience about the movement's spectacular victory and President Viktor Yanukovych's fall from power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Japan Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 24, 2014
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/kosovo-can-you...

How about the one above Josef?
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#2 Mar 24, 2014
Another bricklayer, eh. Yeah. Ukrainkas battle is to prevent their milk maids getting STD so the customers wont need to saw their peckers off after drilling one.
fyi

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 24, 2014
It is about fascists! Stephen Bandara loving fascists control Kijow! West Ukrainian are fascists obsessed with genocide! They are waving around uon-upa flags!
fyi

Seattle, WA

#5 Mar 24, 2014
Neo-Nazis and far-right protesters in Ukraine

https://libcom.org/news/neo-nazis-far-right-p...

scum McCain met with these neonazis! McCain also met with Islamists in Syria! McCain loves fascists and Islamists
fyi

Seattle, WA

#6 Mar 24, 2014
BBC News Ukraine The far right groups patrolling Kiev

These Bandara loving scum say they support Hitler!
parasite nation

Finland

#8 Mar 24, 2014
fyi wrote:
BBC News Ukraine The far right groups patrolling Kiev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DQ2-L5jRz8sXX
These Bandara loving scum say they support Hitler!
Whats wrong with Hitler? Theres lot of things about him, what we dont know.
All what we know is what winners of ww2 want we to know.
Example theres more evidence against holohoax, which on behalf of.
One mainly reasons of ww2 was the state of Israel foundation.
Here s some interesting reading about ww2:
http://lovkap.blogspot.fi/2011/03/who-is-resp...
Observer

United States

#9 Mar 24, 2014
fyi wrote:
Neo-Nazis and far-right protesters in Ukraine
https://libcom.org/news/neo-nazis-far-right-p...
scum McCain met with these neonazis! McCain also met with Islamists in Syria! McCain loves fascists and Islamists
Well, here's one comment to that article:

"That is not really the whole the truth. Let me, as a Ukrainian, speak up. You are right, when you're saying, that Svododa is a neofascists party. And you're right with all of these pics. But you're wrong with the term 'Neo-Nazis and far-right protesters'. People, who are now fighting and giving their health or even lives away on the streets of Kyiv are simple people, not enganged in neither 'far-left', nor 'far-right' movements.

To which, I answer:

"If you sleep with dogs, don't be surprised it you wake up with fleas."

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 24, 2014
Ukraine's battle is not about fascists, it's about Russian Nazis.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 24, 2014
Shaun Walker in Sevastopol
The Guardian

The Russian media is serving up a crude portrayal of events as a patriotic fight against fascists in Kiev and spurring its own far-right into action.

Russian state television has gone out of its way to manufacture an image of the protests as a uniquely sinister phenomenon; a far-right movement backed by the west with the ultimate goal of destabilising Russia.

Since then, the rhetoric has only intensified on Russian television. In the last week, there have been claims that gangs of "unknown armed people" have crossed from Ukraine into Russia, without offering any evidence. There have also been suggestions that hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian "refugees" have been forced to flee Ukraine for Russia, prompting a humanitarian crisis.(The pictures used by one Russian channel of border queues turned out to be routine queues at a Ukraine-Poland border.)

News programmes regularly refer to the Kiev protesters as "terrorists", "insurgents" or "fighters", and the rightwing and anti-Russian nature is emphasised.

But perhaps the most disturbing thing about the Russian propaganda is that it is clear that many inside the Kremlin actually believe it. In December, a Russian government source assured the Guardian that the Kiev protests were the preserve of radical marginals, and that the rest of the city had no time at all for its goals.

On the ground in Crimea, what is particularly odd is that the most vociferous defenders of Russian bases against supposed fascists appear to hold far-right views themselves.

Outside the Belbek airbase, an aggressive self-defence group said they were there to defend the base against "Kiev fascists", but also railed against Europe, "full of repulsive gays and Muslims".

"What you foreigners don't get is that those people in Maidan, they are fascists," said Alexander, a Simferopol resident drinking at a bar in the city on Monday night. "I mean, I am all for the superiority of the white race, and all that stuff, but I don't like fascists."

Even among less radical locals, there is a strong conviction that the western press has lied about the conflict and tension. Journalists have been physically attacked on several occasions, and crowds will frequently berate western reporters for their biased coverage.

For all that state television has been pushing the Nazi comparisons, there is rather less tolerance when the boot is on the other foot. Andrei Zubov, a professor at a top Moscow university linked to the diplomatic service, wrote a column in the respected Vedomosti newspaper on Saturday comparing Putin's potential annexation of Crimea with the Anschluss of Austria and Nazi Germany in 1938. On Tuesday, he said the university had fired him for the comparison.
rio

London, UK

#12 Mar 24, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
Ukraine's battle is not about fascists, it's about Russian Nazis.
The fascists are Pravy Sektor and the Svoboda party who were behind the uprising. The fascists are the snipers who shot in the crowd and against the police.
The fascists are ministers forcing the resignation of a TV director after beating him, or the thugs who beat up a prosecutor.
Those are the fascists in power in Kiev.
Just let's see how long Kiev is quiet before it erupts again..

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 25, 2014
The battle was about who would control Sevastopol, you idiots.
Ukra peasants thought they can join EU & NATO.
Meanwhile, Putinko went in & took Crimea. Therefore, secure his rusty port, ships & sent Ukras packing.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Helsinki, Finland

#14 Mar 25, 2014
And kholkhozniks ate the stray dogs ukrainkas left behind. One of those dogs was Anca Ms Tractor.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 25, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
The battle was about who would control Sevastopol, you idiots.
Ukra peasants thought they can join EU & NATO.
Meanwhile, Putinko went in & took Crimea. Therefore, secure his rusty port, ships & sent Ukras packing.
Control of Sevastopol only. Turkey and NATO can block Bosporus Strait whenever they get a boner. What are Ruskis going to do then?
fyi

Seattle, WA

#16 Mar 25, 2014
More of this is needed!

Ukrainian Far-Right Leader, Shot Dead

KIEV, March 25 (Reuters)- A prominent Ukrainian far-right activist, part of a hard-line nationalist movement that played a leading role in the overthrow of President Viktor Yanukovich, was shot dead by police overnight, authorities said on Tuesday.

The Interior Ministry said Oleksander Muzychko, also known as Sashko Bily, was killed by officers of the 'Sokol' special unit as he tried to escape from a cafe in the western Ukrainian region of Rivne.

Muzychko was a member of the hard-line Right Sector and the group's coordinator for western Ukraine, the country's nationalist heartland bordering the European Union. Police said he was wanted for "hooliganism" and an attack on a local prosecutor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/25/olek...

good fascist is a dead fascist!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 26, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>Control of Sevastopol only. Turkey and NATO can block Bosporus Strait whenever they get a boner. What are Ruskis going to do then?

Sticks/SWG you are a stupid peasant, The Bosforous is an International waterway.

If Nazi Nato and Turks blocked it, they would shoot themselves in the foot, yet again.

Hehehehehe.
rio

London, UK

#18 Mar 26, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>Turkey and NATO can block Bosporus Strait
They could, but they won't.

Stop taking your dreams for reality.
Russia has 4 navy fleets, remember?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#19 Mar 26, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
Shaun Walker in Sevastopol
The Guardian
The Russian media is serving up a crude portrayal of events as a patriotic fight against fascists in Kiev and spurring its own far-right into action.
Russian state television has gone out of its way to manufacture an image of the protests as a uniquely sinister phenomenon; a far-right movement backed by the west with the ultimate goal of destabilising Russia.
Since then, the rhetoric has only intensified on Russian television. In the last week, there have been claims that gangs of "unknown armed people" have crossed from Ukraine into Russia, without offering any evidence. There have also been suggestions that hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian "refugees" have been forced to flee Ukraine for Russia, prompting a humanitarian crisis.(The pictures used by one Russian channel of border queues turned out to be routine queues at a Ukraine-Poland border.)
News programmes regularly refer to the Kiev protesters as "terrorists", "insurgents" or "fighters", and the rightwing and anti-Russian nature is emphasised.
But perhaps the most disturbing thing about the Russian propaganda is that it is clear that many inside the Kremlin actually believe it. In December, a Russian government source assured the Guardian that the Kiev protests were the preserve of radical marginals, and that the rest of the city had no time at all for its goals.
On the ground in Crimea, what is particularly odd is that the most vociferous defenders of Russian bases against supposed fascists appear to hold far-right views themselves.
Outside the Belbek airbase, an aggressive self-defence group said they were there to defend the base against "Kiev fascists", but also railed against Europe, "full of repulsive gays and Muslims".
"What you foreigners don't get is that those people in Maidan, they are fascists," said Alexander, a Simferopol resident drinking at a bar in the city on Monday night. "I mean, I am all for the superiority of the white race, and all that stuff, but I don't like fascists."
Even among less radical locals, there is a strong conviction that the western press has lied about the conflict and tension. Journalists have been physically attacked on several occasions, and crowds will frequently berate western reporters for their biased coverage.
For all that state television has been pushing the Nazi comparisons, there is rather less tolerance when the boot is on the other foot. Andrei Zubov, a professor at a top Moscow university linked to the diplomatic service, wrote a column in the respected Vedomosti newspaper on Saturday comparing Putin's potential annexation of Crimea with the Anschluss of Austria and Nazi Germany in 1938. On Tuesday, he said the university had fired him for the comparison.
It is unfortunate that Putin does not ask the people to calm down and look at facts, but then it is his office that is promoting the propaganda in order to get Russian support for his antics. Ukraine is cracking down on the protestors and searching for evidence of homeland but even the protestors are backing down and giving up the fight. It is nothing like the protests of February. Now Crimeans are protesting the bad treatment by the Russian soldiers, go figure
George

Red Deer, Canada

#20 Mar 26, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>Control of Sevastopol only. Turkey and NATO can block Bosporus Strait whenever they get a boner. What are Ruskis going to do then?
Probably throw rusty pails at them from their ships, which should have been retired in 1950.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#21 Mar 26, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that Putin does not ask the people to calm down and look at facts, but then it is his office that is promoting the propaganda in order to get Russian support for his antics. Ukraine is cracking down on the protestors and searching for evidence of homeland but even the protestors are backing down and giving up the fight. It is nothing like the protests of February. Now Crimeans are protesting the bad treatment by the Russian soldiers, go figure

It is unfortunate Jackassjeorge that, come the elections Nazi buffoons like you, are allowed to vote.

Hehehehehe.
Victoria Nuland

United States

#22 Mar 26, 2014
Of course it's not about fascists.

We LUUUUV fascists.:)

I'm sort of a fascist myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min Tre H 14,164
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 28 min Katrina 272
News Sept. 11, 2010 - The Right Way to Remember (Sep '10) 1 hr Islam sucks 143
News Kevin M. Vogel: End the illegal occupation of S... 3 hr Green Waste 4
News Letter: Who's running this town? (Nov '09) 3 hr Hermann 22
News French Corner: Local Francophile community to r... (Jan '15) 5 hr bilingual eh 14
News The tale of two Targets, a Baltimore segregatio... 6 hr noobieR 1
Best Adult Hookup Sites Online (May '17) 7 hr righteoushustleent 37
More from around the web