Nys Safe Act forum to be held April 19

Apr 17, 2014 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 50

Fellow north country residents, please join us in Gouverneur at the VFW for the St. Lawrence County SAFE Act Forum from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19. This event is sponsored by the St. Lawrence County Chapter of SCOPE NY and is intended to be an educational and informational forum concerning the controversial, so-called NYS SAFE Act ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dwayne M

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Apr 17, 2014
You gun nuts should take ou wacked out selves somewhere else. We do not wat ou in our town
joe

Danielson, CT

#2 Apr 17, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
You gun nuts should take ou wacked out selves somewhere else. We do not wat ou in our town
you are the minority here in NNY. We live in a very low crime area. We live in a place where guns are a part of life. I have heard that you were in the military. You must know that AR 15s are not like an M16. They may look the same but they do not perform alike. An AR 15 is not the most dangerous weapon. It is not the weapon that can kill the most. It is not the weapon that can kill the fastest. You can't ban everything that can be misused. Didn't you hear about the recent stabbing? The mass shooters use AR 15s because they see them in movies. I won't stoop to calling you names. Use your head. Bad people won't follow a law. Us law abiding gun nuts don't need a law to tell us what is right or wrong. Dwayne aren't drugs outlawed? How is that law working? You can't punish people that haven't done anything. 99.99999% of gun owners will never kill anyone. To think so is like me thinking. All short bald guys with ponytails are drug addicts.
Speak for yourself

Gouverneur, NY

#3 Apr 17, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
You gun nuts should take ou wacked out selves somewhere else. We do not wat ou in our town
Who is the "we" you refer to?
Certainly not me.
I don't know anyone with guns that is as "wacked out" as you, Dwayne.
Perhaps you should attend the forum on Saturday, and get educated.
dwayne M

Gouverneur, NY

#4 Apr 17, 2014
Why would I go to a forum run by a bunch of loose cannon nutcakes who do not care about anything but a gun.
joe

Danielson, CT

#5 Apr 18, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
Why would I go to a forum run by a bunch of loose cannon nutcakes who do not care about anything but a gun.
At least we don't drive around with homemade signs on our pickups rear cap window.
meee

Gouverneur, NY

#6 Apr 18, 2014
This forum is not necessary.
hey

Gouverneur, NY

#7 Apr 18, 2014
it should be cancelled
right

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2014
I agree with that - cancel
dwayne M

Gouverneur, NY

#9 Apr 18, 2014
Yes, Cancel this ill advised wasteof time thig.
joe

Bronx, NY

#10 Apr 18, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
Yes, Cancel this ill advised wasteof time thig.
A waste of time and money is the safe act. As I have said before. Why spend time and money on a useless law. Honest gun owners will not break any laws. The ones that will murder will not obey the law. Please think about it. Gun laws for the honest is needed like taking pork off the menu for Muslims. Why not stop at the VFW Dwayne? It wouldn't hurt to spend some time around gun owners and listen to their point of view. I'm sure if you looked at the criminal records of those that attend the meeting. You would find very few if any criminals in the group.
rofl

Moravia, NY

#12 Apr 19, 2014
like i said before, p!ss and moan all you want. who cares if you arent intelligent enough to realize they are more harmful than beneficial. the safe act was ruled constitutional. thats because it is. get the fluck over it, and enjoy the fact we will enjoy less gun related crimes, including suicides, in the future, absolutely no thanks to you. why dont we just nullify speed limits too. im sure a few people can do it safely, and fuck everyone else. too many short sighted personally interested morons in the world. let the smart people run it while you whine about things and do nothing with your lives while maintaining the idea that you matter, or are qualified to make serious life style altering decisions for everyone you live around.

(drops mic, walks away)
joe

Danielson, CT

#13 Apr 19, 2014
rofl wrote:
like i said before, p!ss and moan all you want. who cares if you arent intelligent enough to realize they are more harmful than beneficial. the safe act was ruled constitutional. thats because it is. get the fluck over it, and enjoy the fact we will enjoy less gun related crimes, including suicides, in the future, absolutely no thanks to you. why dont we just nullify speed limits too. im sure a few people can do it safely, and fuck everyone else. too many short sighted personally interested morons in the world. let the smart people run it while you whine about things and do nothing with your lives while maintaining the idea that you matter, or are qualified to make serious life style altering decisions for everyone you live around.
(drops mic, walks away)
Would you feel better if people jumped off bridges instead of using a gun to kill themselves? We have very few gun related crimes in NNY. The places like Chicago that have a great number of shootings. Already have very strict gun control. Why isn't it working. You tell us why since you are so smart.
joe

Danielson, CT

#14 Apr 20, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
Why would I go to a forum run by a bunch of loose cannon nutcakes who do not care about anything but a gun.
I attended the forum. You may find it hard to believe. I was among all those loose cannon nutcakes and felt very safe. I'm sure some even were carrying a handgun. By your mindset someone should have gotten killed. With all those gun nuts in one place. Why didn't something bad happen. Why isn't there mass shootings at gun shows? Maybe it is your grating personality that makes you fear other people. Don't worry. Even though you rub almost everybody the wrong way. No one will shoot you. Think Dwayne. Pistol permit holders have been through rigorous background checks. Very few break any laws. They are some of the best citizens in New York State. Why isn't there any killing at the Rod and Gun Club. Everyone there has a gun. I feel safe there. They are all good law abiding people. Why do you think that new laws will help. Murder has always been against the law. You can't make a law that only the law abiding will follow. The crazies don't care about laws. That is why they are crazy. Please reply using common sense. Not name calling. The name calling and stereotyping only makes you look bad. Your opinions can't be taken seriously.
opinion

Rex, GA

#15 Apr 20, 2014
rofl wrote:
like i said before, p!ss and moan all you want. who cares if you arent intelligent enough to realize they are more harmful than beneficial. the safe act was ruled constitutional. thats because it is. get the fluck over it, and enjoy the fact we will enjoy less gun related crimes, including suicides, in the future, absolutely no thanks to you. why dont we just nullify speed limits too. im sure a few people can do it safely, and fuck everyone else. too many short sighted personally interested morons in the world. let the smart people run it while you whine about things and do nothing with your lives while maintaining the idea that you matter, or are qualified to make serious life style altering decisions for everyone you live around.
(drops mic, walks away)
pick your mic back up and explain to me how you come to the "intelligent" conclusion that gun laws help prevent gun crime.

District of Columbia has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. 3point 6 percent gun ownership . 16 point 5 gun murders per 100,000 21 point 8 murders per 100,000 total in 2010

Idaho has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country 55 point 3 percent gun ownership. point 8 gun murders per 100,000 1 point 3 murders per 100,000 total in 2010.

this is only one example. i do not have the time or desire to type out or copy and paste all the stats that prove the opposite of what you are saying.

btw its not me or any of the other "gun nuts" that are trying to make "lifestyle altering decisions" that would be you and the other "fear mongers". personally i dont think you or they are qualified to do that either. im good with the second amendment as it was written and intended.
Voter taxpayer

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Apr 20, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
You gun nuts should take ou wacked out selves somewhere else. We do not wat ou in our town
Your an Idiot Dwayne go play with your Little toys
dwayne M

Gouverneur, NY

#17 Apr 20, 2014
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
pick your mic back up and explain to me how you come to the "intelligent" conclusion that gun laws help prevent gun crime.
District of Columbia has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. 3point 6 percent gun ownership . 16 point 5 gun murders per 100,000 21 point 8 murders per 100,000 total in 2010
Idaho has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country 55 point 3 percent gun ownership. point 8 gun murders per 100,000 1 point 3 murders per 100,000 total in 2010.
this is only one example. i do not have the time or desire to type out or copy and paste all the stats that prove the opposite of what you are saying.
btw its not me or any of the other "gun nuts" that are trying to make "lifestyle altering decisions" that would be you and the other "fear mongers". personally i dont think you or they are qualified to do that either. im good with the second amendment as it was written and intended.
So go ahead, twist the facts. What remains to be seen is of all of you gunnuts out there how many will lose thier pistol license when you renew it. The state estimates 50% will no longer be able to get a pistol permit.
opinion

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
<quoted text>
So go ahead, twist the facts. What remains to be seen is of all of you gunnuts out there how many will lose thier pistol license when you renew it. The state estimates 50% will no longer be able to get a pistol permit.
please point out to us how my posted information is "twisted" explain how that information proves gun laws reduce crime. in other words you are welcome to try to twist the facts
better yet how about you really put your self out and post a statistic twisted or not that points to gun laws reducing crime..

your pistol permit comment is barely worth a response. but here ya go. how many of those newly illegal hand guns do you expect to be seized?..it has already been decided that the state can NOT seize the newly illegal "assault" rifles the owner is allowed to sell the rifle to an "out of state" buyer.

im sorry but your "safe act" is seriously flawed it was not upheld by the courts in its original text. provisions were stricken from it and another not implemented yet and probably never will be.plus the fact that it is far from finished with the legal arguments against it.
joe

Danielson, CT

#19 Apr 21, 2014
dwayne M wrote:
<quoted text>
So go ahead, twist the facts. What remains to be seen is of all of you gunnuts out there how many will lose thier pistol license when you renew it. The state estimates 50% will no longer be able to get a pistol permit.
Talk about twisting facts. I have followed the safe act pretty close. I have read the law. I have made calls to the 800 number and to the NYSP. I have never heard that pistol permits would be denied. It looks like it will be awhile before it starts. If ever.
rofl

Locke, NY

#20 Apr 21, 2014
joe wrote:
<quoted text>Would you feel better if people jumped off bridges instead of using a gun to kill themselves? We have very few gun related crimes in NNY. The places like Chicago that have a great number of shootings. Already have very strict gun control. Why isn't it working. You tell us why since you are so smart.
actually, oh short sighted one, if you were to study the subject of sociology, you would find an overwhelming majority of people who have contemplated suicide have suggested the gun would be the fastest, most painless way to do it. people have a much MUCH harder time convincing themselves to jump off a bridge and die from drowning or blunt trauma, than to simply pull a trigger, and there are countless studies to cite in that respect. yea, ny does have strict gun control. thats why we arent chicago. or dc. ny enjoys a very reasonable crime rate outside of large cities. as i said before, why do we have a speed limit? to stop stupid people from fucking normal peoples lives up. just because one person can get high as fuck on heroine and not develop a problem, doesnt mean we can allow anyone to have it.
rofl

Locke, NY

#21 Apr 21, 2014
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
pick your mic back up and explain to me how you come to the "intelligent" conclusion that gun laws help prevent gun crime.
District of Columbia has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. 3point 6 percent gun ownership . 16 point 5 gun murders per 100,000 21 point 8 murders per 100,000 total in 2010
Idaho has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country 55 point 3 percent gun ownership. point 8 gun murders per 100,000 1 point 3 murders per 100,000 total in 2010.
this is only one example. i do not have the time or desire to type out or copy and paste all the stats that prove the opposite of what you are saying.
btw its not me or any of the other "gun nuts" that are trying to make "lifestyle altering decisions" that would be you and the other "fear mongers". personally i dont think you or they are qualified to do that either. im good with the second amendment as it was written and intended.
ok, look. stats dont lie. people do. you have literally no idea how to interpret gun stats. just because you cut and paste a particular study and make a conclusion based on that, doesnt mean you know anything. one of the most prolific issues since the invention of the internet is dumba$$es like you trying to make heads or tails of extremely complicated stats and subjects. the people who refuse to look at society as a whole are the main detriment of society, as a matter of fact. ignorant and ungrateful of the things society and others have given you, while maintaining this sadly misplaced idea that you are this super special all important totally free individual, and nobody can tell you anything. society as a whole does NOT care if you place firearms above the safety of our herd.

as i said before, intelligent people will make the decisions for you if you cannot fathom intricate subjects. who gives a damn if YOU feel that a 200 year old idea still has a place in a society. things change. kind of like how the country was made on the backs of slaves, and then we figured out thats BAD. well, people like you wouldnt figure that out. so smart people made the decision for you. 200 years ago youd prolly be arguing why cant i keep my slaves? my flucking property. government cant take my personal property. get a fucking clue.

then theres this moronic theory that if the people "lose their guns" they will just turn into a totalitarian state. guess what, there are PLENTY of guns in russia, and they are still in that state. intelligent people dont really care if YOU feel that you somehow stand a chance against the entire might of a military increasingly using tech to fight rather than bodies. our government is capable of this at any time, given their absolutely endless military budget and equipment. yea, you just keep your shotgun and rifle, that will take those aircraft that bomb you out. clueless. people. maybe if you are really fast you can take down a single drone before youre obliterated. completely nonsensical theory. totally unrealistic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion: We're Number 32 24 min californio 20
Opinion Line 1 hr woodtick57 31
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 10,790
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr GOPearcer 8,537
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 4 hr DNF 905
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr KiMare 25,015
Dragging the river of pain in hopes of closure 5 hr Helmut 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Opinion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••