Sexual Abuse

Sexual Abuse

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 14, 2006, titled Sexual Abuse. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

ISSUE: Group wants abusive priests publicly identified. Given the Catholic Church's history of sexual abuse by some priests, it's not surprising that an advocacy group is asking for the names of abusive ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Linda in West Palm Beach

Redmond, WA

#1 Nov 14, 2006
With all due respect, the Editor is wrong. The names of ALL accused priests should be released, especially the "credibly accused".

Here's why.

From Fall 1971 to Summer 1972, was abused by then-priest Charles Cassetta. When news was published regarding my lawsuit against ex-priest Charles Cassetta, the Archdiocese of Miami, the Diocese of Palm Beach, and Cardinal Newman High School, 2 OTHER FEMALE VICTIMS of Cassetta contacted my attorney. These 2 other victims had previously been unknown to me or to my attorney. A THIRD VICTIM acknowledged to my attorney that she was abused by Cassetta, but she did not want to come forward.

And of the 3 victims, 2 of them also attended Cardinal Newman High School in West Palm Beach. Of these 2 victims, one lives in Georgia and the other lives in Maryland.

A third victim had attended Holy Angels School in Buffalo, New York -- the school to which Cassetta was assigned just prior to being transfered to Cardinal Newman. She now lives in Rochester, New York.

If necessary, I would be happy to appear before the Palm Beach County and the Miami Review Boards to present evidence in detail. What I have written about thus far is only the tip of the iceberg.

Even Catholic Church authorities have seen fit to remove priests from active service because they found the priest to be "credibly accused".

When a priest's name is revealed by one victim/survivor, it is not unusual that other victims from the priest's previous assignments come forward. The victims -- living in different States or regions of the country AND unknown to one another -- are able to relate extremely similar stories of the priest's abuse. That is no coincidence but, rather, proof of the abuse.

And I wonder how many other victims are out there of the same priest.

LINDA GORDON, West Palm Beach, FL
Farton Paedos

Harrogate, UK

#2 Nov 20, 2006
About time! It's a shocking crime. The UK are so kind and forgiving to paedophiles - they get really lenient sentances and councelling, and their victims get treated like scum and have to fight like hell for any councelling. It's a bloody disgrace! The only good thing is that some of them get beaten up in jail. GOOD!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 17,570
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr So_da_lish_us 10,559
News Wortham: Unicorns are alive, well and working t... (Oct '09) 3 hr ROAD FART 2
Self harm is stupid (Apr '15) 15 hr DONTEVEN 13
News Rethinking the a Goldwater rulea 17 hr humanspirit 1
News Building a better Halton through infrastructure (Sep '15) 22 hr more forked tongues 17
News Murder of trans advocate highlights the danger ... 22 hr Ozzie 6
Best Adult Hookup Sites Online (May '17) Jan 18 grossmaer37 46
More from around the web