Richard Feldman: A fraudulent link to...

Richard Feldman: A fraudulent link to autism

There are 147 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 15, 2012, titled Richard Feldman: A fraudulent link to autism. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The research linking the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to autism was a hoax, a complete fraud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#34 May 18, 2012
Mickies Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers: of 28 studies 2 were duplicates, 3 were only retrievable because of the links on the whale.to page, 13 were written by Wakefield and/or Lancet co-authors and/or Thoughful House colleagues (counting two duplicates), 3 predate the Lancet paper by years or even decades and not one independently replicates WakefieldÂ’s claims, made in the retracted Lancet paper, the associated press conference and in many statements since.

Nice try in walking in Wakefield's shoes and deceiving others with a bogus list.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#36 May 18, 2012
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby!
so what caused autism before vaccines were ever used?

Location hidden

#41 May 25, 2012
Right on wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a conspiracy to defame and persecute Wakefield. The Murdoch's were involved and many others had connection to MMR makers.
so what caused Autism before MMR was invented?

Location hidden

#42 May 25, 2012
Another Brain Washed wrote:
<quoted text>
Autism and many many other man made illnesses barely or simply did not exist before widespread use of vaccines. And with more vaccines recommended all the time and with 3 in one and 5 in one vaccines not being adequately safety studied, things are getting worse. The recent CDC lie about autism being 1 in 88 is from 2008 information. Some feel its 1 in 25. In the 1980's it was estimated at 1 in 10,000. Its has also become a worldwide epidemic phenomenon. There is only ONE common denominator that has spread and their use spread over the world at the same time, vaccines. Anyone who has an autistic child will laugh at the better diagnosis explanation. Can you imagine no one noticing RAINMAN's odd behavior?
"odd " behaviour was misdiagnosed as something else in the past. As no-one even knew it had any name at all, it was not "spotted". Now stop being so silly.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#43 May 25, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
<quoted text>"odd " behaviour was misdiagnosed as something else in the past. As no-one even knew it had any name at all, it was not "spotted". Now stop being so silly.
Obviously the different practices and diagnoses make an increase in autism difficult to prove or to calculate statistically. I would like to be so dismissive of the problem too. Nontheless, there does seem to be a huge increase in the problem both statistically and anecdotally. I certainly wouldn't assume autism isn't increasing dramatically. I had never met anyone with anything on the autistic speactrum until fairly recent years. Now there seems to be many within my acquaintance with autism or aspergers.

This 'educator' apparently sees nothing wrong in putting mercury in vaccines simply because he can discover nothing in the statistics to prove it harmful...
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blo...
Similar 'logic' led people to believe that the BSC couldn't affect humans. With people like that and the BMC in responsible positions it is no wonder there are health concerns that cannot be sensibly examined or addressed.
Maccoat

Titusville, PA

#48 May 26, 2012
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text> You're a dumbo.
Do you have any sciencetific papers to support your claim of "your a dumbo".
Maccoat

Titusville, PA

#49 May 26, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously the different practices and diagnoses make an increase in autism difficult to prove or to calculate statistically. I would like to be so dismissive of the problem too. Nontheless, there does seem to be a huge increase in the problem both statistically and anecdotally. I certainly wouldn't assume autism isn't increasing dramatically. I had never met anyone with anything on the autistic speactrum until fairly recent years. Now there seems to be many within my acquaintance with autism or aspergers.
This 'educator' apparently sees nothing wrong in putting mercury in vaccines simply because he can discover nothing in the statistics to prove it harmful...
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blo...
Similar 'logic' led people to believe that the BSC couldn't affect humans. With people like that and the BMC in responsible positions it is no wonder there are health concerns that cannot be sensibly examined or addressed.
But in Denmark they remove the mercury and autism still on the rise. Clearly you would expect if you cut out the mercury it would drop. But no. You just can't get autism overnight, you have to be born with it. So even if mercury does cause autism, you would have to give the vaccine to the fetus order to get any effect. The damage was already done to the brain during development.

Location hidden

#50 May 26, 2012
But they also removed Thimerosal in the USA in the early 2000's, and autism rates still continued to climb. So the whole mercury theory is dead in the water.
Friend

Boucherville, Canada

#51 May 26, 2012
Maccoat wrote:
<quoted text> I kindly ask for some evidence.
P.S. I have this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndr...
Yep you are moron for believing what they feed you.

Just ask why so many parents have reported autism right after vaccination. Then you do not need to rely on Wikipedia.

You wont understand that since you are full time moron.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#52 May 27, 2012
Maccoat wrote:
<quoted text> But in Denmark they remove the mercury and autism still on the rise. Clearly you would expect if you cut out the mercury it would drop. But no....
I wouldn't. The reason for not putting mercury into medicine for children isn't based on mere statistics, the details and metadata of which are complicated and require professional interpretation - that isn't guaranteed to happen.

You and Friend give your children MMR and 'medicinal' doses of mercury and let my children go without such 'help'.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#53 May 27, 2012
friend wrote:
But they also removed Thimerosal in the USA in the early 2000's, and autism rates still continued to climb. So the whole mercury theory is dead in the water.
For you.

I suggest parents be allowed to choose whether they give the MMR or separate doses.
Maccoat

Titusville, PA

#54 May 27, 2012
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask why so many parents have reported autism right after vaccination. Then you do not need to rely on Wikipedia.
But that dosnt prove a link. If I had a tadpole in a fish tank and I've change the water to pink. Then when I return the next month it is a frog. But as you know the water color had not change the tadpole onto a frog. So what if I've decided not to give my kids vaccines? Well they will still get autism and they will also get some mumps to make their lives harder.
look out for morons

Hornchurch, UK

#55 May 27, 2012
Another Brain Washed wrote:
<quoted text>
Autism and many many other man made illnesses barely or simply did not exist before widespread use of vaccines. And with more vaccines recommended all the time and with 3 in one and 5 in one vaccines not being adequately safety studied, things are getting worse. The recent CDC lie about autism being 1 in 88 is from 2008 information. Some feel its 1 in 25. In the 1980's it was estimated at 1 in 10,000. Its has also become a worldwide epidemic phenomenon. There is only ONE common denominator that has spread and their use spread over the world at the same time, vaccines. Anyone who has an autistic child will laugh at the better diagnosis explanation. Can you imagine no one noticing RAINMAN's odd behavior?
Autism is NOT an illness. children behaving "oddly" were often packed off to special schools and labelled " retarded" or even worse, as Psycopaths. Also, Asperger's syndrome and autism runs in my family. It can be traced back to the 19th century. It often jumps a generation as well. Many with Asperger's are not ever diagnosed, they manage to fit in and get suitable jobs. I expect you think that no-one got flu until "They" invented flu vaccines? My generation also had to suffer mumps, chicken pox and measles, and some still turned out on the Autism spectrum. I suppose scarlet fever , whooping cough and polio would have been nice to get as well, but thank God "evil Pharma" had found antidotes and cures etc., by then.

Location hidden

#56 May 27, 2012
But the MMR never contained thimerosal, many vaccine never did contain it so your prior theory about mercury is dead. Aside from that, studies have shown separating that vaccine made no difference, other than a more expensive cost to the consumer.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>For you.
I suggest parents be allowed to choose whether they give the MMR or separate doses.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#57 May 27, 2012
friend wrote:
But the MMR never contained thimerosal, many vaccine never did contain it so your prior theory about mercury is dead. Aside from that, studies have shown separating that vaccine made no difference, other than a more expensive cost to the consumer.
<quoted text>
The point for me is that mercury was in MMR vaccines without the knowledge of the parents that allowed them.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Saf...
In 2004, the IOM's Immunization Safety Review Committee issued its final report, examining the hypothesis that vaccines, specifically the MMR vaccines and thimerosal containing vaccines, are causally associated with autism. In this report, the committee incorporated new epidemiological evidence from the U.S., Denmark, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, and studies of biologic mechanisms related to vaccines and autism since its report in 2001. The committee concluded that this body of evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism, and that hypotheses generated to date concerning a biological mechanism for such causality are theoretical only. Unquote.

That doesn't bother you as you are happy with the statistics and studies you believe you understand. You presumably are happy with the conclusions of the committee mentioned above that might appear to be that they found no clear, scientific proof of a causal link? Again, I am not. That is what was said about BSE. The answer was in the details and the risk properly weighted only by a minority who were unable to provide the proof required by majority opinion.

And the studies you favour prove 'no difference' to your satisfaction, not mine. Some (maybe all) of the supposed savings are arguably lost by those who then avoid the vaccines altogether, or pay for them themselves.

We will have to agree to differ, I'm afraid.

Location hidden

#58 May 27, 2012
Nice name-calling.
Wouldn't that be the same as believing what 'they' feed you? No parent has ever reported autism behaviors right after a vaccine. Autism doesn't happen over night.
Maybe you need more wikipedia than believing blog stories which you cant verify.
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#62 May 27, 2012
Where in that link does it state Thimerosal was in the MMR? No where. What it does state is:
"specifically the MMR vaccines and thimerosal containing vaccines"
The key word there is "and". They're stating 2 different types of vaccines. There also is a difference between the MMR and the M-M-R II. You cant lump them both together and assume which everyone had. The MMR vaccines do not and never did contain thimerosal. Varicella, IPV, and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have also never contained thimerosal.

This would be more like what YOU believe You understand and what YOU are trying to make others believe.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>The point for me is that mercury was in MMR vaccines without the knowledge of the parents that allowed them.
DRxUGS R US

Succasunna, NJ

#70 May 27, 2012
Healthcare in USA is a hoax
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#72 May 28, 2012
friend wrote:
Where in that link does it state Thimerosal was in the MMR? No where. What it does state is:
"specifically the MMR vaccines and thimerosal containing vaccines"
The key word there is "and". They're stating 2 different types of vaccines. There also is a difference between the MMR and the M-M-R II. You cant lump them both together and assume which everyone had. The MMR vaccines do not and never did contain thimerosal. Varicella, IPV, and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have also never contained thimerosal.
This would be more like what YOU believe You understand and what YOU are trying to make others believe.
<quoted text>
As usual, you re-emphasise your points while ignoring concerns.

IF there was never any mercury in any MMR vaccines (and I believe it did occur, according to a Times article, although the article I linked only refers to a specific time period) it appears to have been luck not judgement. As you seem to acknowledge, it was administered to the under 6s.

I am not trying to make anyone believe anything. I simply do not agree with much of what you write and consider some of what you take to be true to be possibly dangerous.

People should be able to have MMR or separate injections. That is both affordable and the way to further immunisation instead of just repeating dogma and opinion and trying to represent that as certainty and the only acceptable conclusions.

I really don't think we will agree. You have "facts" (such as MMR is proven safe by studies and statistics) I simply do not think are proven.

Location hidden

#74 May 28, 2012
As always, anti vaxxers twist everything. Anti vaxxers always make that 'safe' claim and accuse others to have said it. I never said the MMR was proven 'safe' by studies and statistics. Nothing is safe. All medicine has side effects, hello. Studies have proven no link to causing autism, and that separating the MMR makes no difference to autism. Big difference. That by no means has anything to do with being safe.

There's a difference between the MMR vaccine and the MMR II, which you have not yet acknowledged, but keep talking about thimerosal. That is called misinfo and misleading, and then you throw in your link was only based on a certain time period to continue the misleading info. But again, in a few countries Thimerosal had been removed from childhood vaccines, yet autism rates continued to rise. So the Thimerosal theory is dead in the water, and has been for years.

You want affordable separate jabs? Based on what? And since all vaccines carry risks, there'd still be risks even if they were separated. Would it reduce the risk of autism? If you like it or not, evidence says no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christian helpline, prayer line opens (Dec '08) 47 min lester 23
News This amazing assimilation machine not done yet 1 hr MAGA2016 2
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 1 hr Appalled 8,338
News Myra Blackmon: You can't legislate learning 7 hr Josh 2
News 'How is the housing market?' 7 hr Villagerone 2
News U.S. told Ukraine to stand down on Crimea (Aug '15) 8 hr Advents 21
News Letter: Mario Cuomo's lesson for bishop 8 hr caliviado 2
More from around the web