US congressman cites biblical flood to dispute human link to climate change

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

In 2010, Joe Barton apologised to BP over a deal requiring the company to set aside $20bn for oil spill clean-up costs.

Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 10, 2013
See? This the ignorance we Democrats are forced to deal with. To think that this ignorant Barton bozo can be elected to public office, and have any influence over American lives.
Noah's f''king ark, indeed!

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#2 Apr 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
See? This the ignorance we Democrats are forced to deal with. To think that this ignorant Barton bozo can be elected to public office, and have any influence over American lives.
Noah's f''king ark, indeed!
2014 can't get here fast enough for 'We the People' to put Speaker Pelosi back in her rightful place as the Democrats take back the House from these ignorant right-wing bottom-dwellers.

Hypoluxo Fl

#3 Apr 10, 2013
No surprise. Look at the Governor of TexASS, praying for rain. Tells us something about the intelligence of the TexASS electorate.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#4 Apr 10, 2013
From the article:
Barton (said) he was ashamed that the White House had reached a deal requiring the company to set aside $20bn for clean-up and restoration costs. Barton said,'I apologize'.
//////////
See. Dirty oily kingpins need serfs to bow down & worship them. All the better when the serfs confuse God with oily kingpins.......
The real problem is america elects serfs to do the bidding of kings...... oily kings.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Apr 11, 2013
Just when you think the religious wackos can't get any dumber.....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#6 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Just when you think the religious wackos can't get any dumber.....
'Holy' Joe Barton is a solid example of the reasoning and logic that chased me out of the GOP years ago.
As long as dinosaurs like this set GOP social, science and education agenda's the GOP will be a toxic political wasteland.
If they could just shut up...

Hypoluxo Fl

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
'Holy' Joe Barton is a solid example of the reasoning and logic that chased me out of the GOP years ago.
As long as dinosaurs like this set GOP social, science and education agenda's the GOP will be a toxic political wasteland.
He's "legitimately" raping himself now.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
The power brokers of re-pubic-lick-uns hooked the religionists in, by saying abortion was wrong. Power broker re-pubic-lick-uns never did anything about abortion, but religionist re-pubic-lick-uns stay on point,'leading the squad' to battle. Power broker re-pubic-lick-uns let religionist re-pubic-lick-uns talk, while the power broker re-pubic-lick-uns push controls from behind the curtain.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>He's "legitimately" raping himself now.
lol
But do we gotta watch?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here. I always considered myself a conservative libertarian republican, but then the religious crazies & racists took over the party.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#11 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here. I always considered myself a conservative libertarian republican, but then the religious crazies & racists took over the party.
on the Other hand the radical feminists are as shrill.
I had participated in DU a liberal version of this type of forum. There you will find a group of feminists that review each post for PC. Debating a guy on freedom of speech and the banning of certain words. I recalled Blazing Saddles and what Mel Brooks had done with the dreaded 'N' word. And added that if SCOtUS upheld a ban on gay marriage it would be valid to call Scalia a c*ck s*ck*r....
The feminists slammed me as Homophobic and racist....they want me banned, are gonna put me on trial.

Fargin Ice holes run the world these days
fatbacksx

Portland, OR

#12 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Been that way for fifty years for both parties. and only gonna get worse as long as wallstreet,tbtf, and the fed control this country. When the value of the fiat money goes to zilch, it'll be interesting to see what the c--k---kers will fight over.No wonder nobody want to invest in this fledgling banana republic.Instead of calling your representative, practice the new national anthem.........."The banana boat song" Those in control love it when you join their circus.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Apr 11, 2013
wow, so far every post in this topic is by a lib. What do you guys do, sit around on the computer all day?

get out, get some excercise, breath some outdoor air, it's not polluted. walk to whole foods and starbucks, you'll get in shape that way.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#15 Apr 11, 2013
fatbacksx wrote:
<quoted text>Been that way for fifty years for both parties. and only gonna get worse as long as wallstreet,tbtf, and the fed control this country. When the value of the fiat money goes to zilch, it'll be interesting to see what the c--k---kers will fight over.No wonder nobody want to invest in this fledgling banana republic.Instead of calling your representative, practice the new national anthem.........."The banana boat song" Those in control love it when you join their circus.
......DAYLIGHTs COMING AND I WANT TO GO HOME....HEY MR TALLY MAN, TALLY ME SOME BANANAs....

Location hidden

#16 Apr 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
wow, so far every post in this topic is by a lib. What do you guys do, sit around on the computer all day?
get out, get some excercise, breath some outdoor air, it's not polluted. walk to whole foods and starbucks, you'll get in shape that way.
You seem to be around often enough to check us out, you closet leftie, you.
Either you're relying on your prefabricated stereotype, or you spotted us while hiding behind your Grande Frappuccino.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text>......DAYLIGHTs COMING AND I WANT TO GO HOME....HEY MR TALLY MAN, TALLY ME SOME BANANAs....
It's called "Day-o."

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Apr 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be around often enough to check us out, you closet leftie, you.
Either you're relying on your prefabricated stereotype, or you spotted us while hiding behind your Grande Frappuccino.
I ain't comin out of no closet, no sireeyybob. My coffee is easy to prounounce, maxwell house, or if I was in Virginia, Hooose.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19 Apr 11, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
2014 can't get here fast enough for 'We the People' to put Speaker Pelosi back in her rightful place as the Democrats take back the House from these ignorant right-wing bottom-dwellers.
Regardless of party, why would you want a liar and someone that ignored their oath of office the first time, to be placed back in power? It sure seems self defeating.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20 Apr 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Well, feel free to comment on the topic at hand: Do you agree with the Congressman?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#21 Apr 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
They only let us out of our cells for an hour

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gulf oyster harvest sees dramatic decline since... 15 hr Tuco Blondie 2
Halliburton Defends Its Cement Work, Blaming BP... (Sep '10) Aug 7 swedenforever 12
BP to Pay Record Criminal Penalty for Gulf Oil ... (Nov '12) Aug 6 swedenforever 14
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug 5 swedenforever 15
We Need Better Oil Spill Cleanup Products For Work Aug 5 Joe Davids 1
Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Jul '14 swedenforever 22
Russia plunges into Cuban oil exploration Jun '14 L I G E R 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Oil Spill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••