Bryant Releases Plan to Spend Oil Spill Money

Jan 28, 2013 Full story: WTOK-TV Meridian

Gov. Phil Bryant's plan for restoring Mississippi's coastal areas with funds from the BP oil spill focuses on workforce training and programs to bring more high-tech communications and better transportation services to the region.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Biloxi, MS

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I hink callig their plan for "better transportation services" is misleading... they are only planning to give MDOT more contracts... more road repairs and improvements... I saw nothing about a plan to create more "services" like public transit to more areas, or commuter train from New Orleans to Pensacola that we could really use.

AS usual, MDOT gets the lion's share of disaster funding to keep our politicians cronies and relatives happy.

Yes, I'm bitter and skeptical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP to Pay Record Criminal Penalty for Gulf Oil ... (Nov '12) Nov 23 Swedenforever 20
Dauphin Island officials pitch $58 million beac... Nov 21 I russell 1
Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Oct 29 swedenforever 25
Rare victory for BP in Gulfof Mexico legal battles Oct '14 Tuco Blondie 1
Group claims they have found tarballs down rive... (Dec '13) Oct '14 Tuco Blondie 6
05sep14.....People Who Complain About Oil & Gas... Oct '14 Tuco Blondie 3
Gulf oyster harvest sees dramatic decline since... Sep '14 Tuco Blondie 3

Oil Spill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE