Occupy Oakland: One year later

Full story: SFGate
This time last year, the Occupy Wall Street movement was making noise, taking a stand against corrupt banks and the bailouts they received, as well as foreclosures and layoffs, which left many in the American middle class suddenly on a par with ethnic minorities, the poor and the homeless - who, it must be said, have been dealing with these ... (more) Full Story
FeistyAmazon

San Lorenzo, CA

#1 Oct 11, 2012
I feel sad that the Occupy movement, largely due to police brutality, as well as some of the undisciplined behavior of the more violent Black Bloc, has caused this movement to disappear or largely go underground. Those days in Oakland were heady, and I went to the November 2nd Occupy March to close down the Port of Oakland. People from all walks of life, including many union members and other working people, of all different ages, attended that March. The March and Occupation of the Port was peaceful. It was only afterwards when the 'Black Bloc' went back to downtown to attempt to occupy a building did entanglements with the police begin.

To see the number of police present at Occupy on October 25th, and the injuries they incurred upon the occupiers and destruction of their property, was to show them for the blue thugs in uniform they were, and the coordinated violent effort to rid all cities throughout the U.S. of the Occupiers and disappear the Occupy movement, from the arrests of 700 on the Brooklyn Bridge, to beatings of peaceful U.C. Berkeley students, to the spraying in the faces of peaceful students sitting down at U.C. Davis of pepper spray by cops are just some of the actions that worked towards the silencing of Americans and our free speech rights and actions to redress systemic wrongs in the face of the worst Recession/Depression since the one in the 1930's.

And MANY of us, myself included, are STILL struggling trying to pay bills, stay housed and get work. We ARE NOT out of this Recession/Depression, no matter what the press or politicians say!
-Sincerely,
-FeistyAmazon
White Blood

Brentwood, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2012
The Blacks used the Occupy movement to rob and rape the Whites..
FeistyAmazon wrote:
I feel sad that the Occupy movement, largely due to police brutality, as well as some of the undisciplined behavior of the more violent Black Bloc, has caused this movement to disappear or largely go underground. Those days in Oakland were heady, and I went to the November 2nd Occupy March to close down the Port of Oakland. People from all walks of life, including many union members and other working people, of all different ages, attended that March. The March and Occupation of the Port was peaceful. It was only afterwards when the 'Black Bloc' went back to downtown to attempt to occupy a building did entanglements with the police begin.
To see the number of police present at Occupy on October 25th, and the injuries they incurred upon the occupiers and destruction of their property, was to show them for the blue thugs in uniform they were, and the coordinated violent effort to rid all cities throughout the U.S. of the Occupiers and disappear the Occupy movement, from the arrests of 700 on the Brooklyn Bridge, to beatings of peaceful U.C. Berkeley students, to the spraying in the faces of peaceful students sitting down at U.C. Davis of pepper spray by cops are just some of the actions that worked towards the silencing of Americans and our free speech rights and actions to redress systemic wrongs in the face of the worst Recession/Depression since the one in the 1930's.
And MANY of us, myself included, are STILL struggling trying to pay bills, stay housed and get work. We ARE NOT out of this Recession/Depression, no matter what the press or politicians say!
-Sincerely,
-FeistyAmazon
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Ok, realistically; not morally or philosophically, what did your efforts get you? Nothing!
The Occupy Movement has failed, time to regroup and get a focus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Occupy Wall Street Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How a Fight for $15a 2 may make it difficult to... Sep 14 Mykro 108
Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) Sep 11 fl tag J73 9TB 43
Stick It To The 1% With This Occupy Wall Street... (Dec '13) Sep 8 Dwayne 3
The Sixth Smoke Farm Symposium, July 26 Jun '14 starfish die off 1
Police commissioner resigns in wake of Obama slur May '14 We Have a Winner 21
De-Occupy Honolulu pleased with lawsuit settlement May '14 American_Infidel 3
Jurors Beg Judge Not To Send OWS Protester To P... May '14 Guest 1
•••

Occupy Wall Street People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••