Episcopal bishop, priest convicted of...

Episcopal bishop, priest convicted of trespassing

There are 2 comments on the www.virtueonline.org story from Jun 20, 2012, titled Episcopal bishop, priest convicted of trespassing . In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

A retired Episcopal bishop and a priest from the Episcopal Diocese of New York were among seven people convicted June 18 on charges of trespassing on property owned by Trinity Episcopal Church, Wall Street, during a Dec. 17 Occupy Wall Street demonstration and sentenced to four days of community service ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jun 20, 2012
from virtueonline:

"In a statement on Trinity's website, the Rev. James Cooper, rector, said the church supported many of the Occupy movement's underlying principles and would continue to welcome protestors to its facilities in the Wall Street neighborhood but said it did 'not support the seizure of private property ...'"

... especially when that property belonged to Trinity Wall Street!
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

#2 Jun 20, 2012
Finally, a TEC bishop and priest with some convictions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Occupy Wall Street Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBC poll Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Tru... Jul 12 deport trump 3
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders Jul 5 NYSE pwns OWS 37
Movements to rival Occupy Wallstreet? Mar '16 TruthAndEnlighten... 1
News Occupy movement protesters fight on - now in su... Feb '16 Liberte 39
News Kweli: Why I am not endorsing anyone (Oct '15) Oct '15 Yeah 4
News Dem outreach to Black Lives Matter meets rejection (Sep '15) Sep '15 llk 6
News Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) Jul '15 indict ABE FOXMAN 49
More from around the web