Occupy Grand Rapids plans to 're-occu...

Occupy Grand Rapids plans to 're-occupy' new downtown camp on Fourth of July

There are 11 comments on the Grand Rapids Press story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Occupy Grand Rapids plans to 're-occupy' new downtown camp on Fourth of July. In it, Grand Rapids Press reports that:

In their first rally of 2012 in April, Occupy Grand Rapids offered the Really Really Free Market where people brought goods they no longer used or needed and anyone could take and no money or trades were exchanged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grand Rapids Press.

bobolinq

Belmont, MI

#1 Jul 4, 2012
it's called charity towards all, malice towards none.
been around a while.
i think good ol'gr occupiers need to occupy themselves with more salient activities or fold their tents and go home..
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#2 Jul 4, 2012
bobolinq wrote:
it's called charity towards all, malice towards none.
been around a while.
i think good ol'gr occupiers need to occupy themselves with more salient activities or fold their tents and go home..
Sort of like how the West Michigan Teabaggers have retreated into the rat holes from which they emerged..... With the exception that occupiers are offering free goods for those who may need them, and the teabaggers celebrated that for profit sales of tri-cornered hats and those stupid yellow flags!
Really

United States

#3 Jul 4, 2012
Bob can't spell charity let alone practice it and the Occupy GR people? It's really good of them to give away stuff they stole from others. Gotta love their generosity. Now, if they would figure out how to work for what they get and THEN decide to give away what they can't use, they would accomplish something. Note to Bob: It's not charity if you stole it first. We understand though that you never learned that lesson either.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Occupy pukes, like all democrats, are only good at one thing, and that's occupying their asses with their heads.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Really wrote:
Bob can't spell charity let alone practice it and the Occupy GR people? It's really good of them to give away stuff they stole from others. Gotta love their generosity. Now, if they would figure out how to work for what they get and THEN decide to give away what they can't use, they would accomplish something. Note to Bob: It's not charity if you stole it first. We understand though that you never learned that lesson either.
Note to Special Edna: Was your sanity stolen, or can't someone steal something you never had?
Really

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Note to Special Edna: Was your sanity stolen, or can't someone steal something you never had?
I have no idea who this Edna is you are talking to, but I am guessing their sanity is firmly in place unlike yours which apparently along with your manners, have deserted you. But then, that's not surprising from people who expect others to give up what they have earned and give to those who refuse to earn it themselves. That's what stealing is, by the way, since you didn't know.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jul 7, 2012
I haven't been downtown lately - did the OWS take their squatting positions?
I do like how they always seem to reappear in the Summer, if but a handful, with lots of vigor and threats of activity, then kinda vanish with a fizzle when the weather turns cold.

Well, have fun OWS squatties. I may not agree at all with your reasoning, but I defend your right to act like hobos in order to complain about ... what are you complaining about again??

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#8 Jul 7, 2012
I think they just want quarters to make phone calls.
When we left the BOB Wednesday night they were lined up outside demanding quarters.
I didnt have any quarters, but I offered my cell phone to them, so they could make that so important phone call,...and they declined.
Go figure.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Jul 8, 2012
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index....

aww ... pity.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI Occupy Grand Rapids ended its plans for an overnight camp on a Monroe Avenue NW lot after police told them camping was not allowed on the property.

(A)fter much discussion, the group decided to call their bluff and celebrate our resolve with a noise parade, Occupy Grand Rapids said in a post early this morning.

A noise parade will show 'em.

LOL
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Jul 8, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of like how the West Michigan Teabaggers have retreated into the rat holes from which they emerged..... With the exception that occupiers are offering free goods for those who may need them, and the teabaggers celebrated that for profit sales of tri-cornered hats and those stupid yellow flags!
Had breakfast downtown this morning and couldn't help notice your generous OWS a-holes donated some "occupy" graffiti on some business' brick facade before they retreated into the fever swamps they emerged. Evidently just banging pots and screeching like idiots wasn't enough for the 5 or 6 free-gooders. They had to deface private property to represent what liberals stand for.

While Bob insults a group of people who legally and respectably gather, while garnering no small amount of national political influence, his own brand of "patriots" are busily begging for quarters and tagging buildings downtown.

No better representation of conservatives & liberals than that!:)
MIbowhunter

Traverse City, MI

#11 Jul 9, 2012
Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Had breakfast downtown this morning and couldn't help notice your generous OWS a-holes donated some "occupy" graffiti on some business' brick facade before they retreated into the fever swamps they emerged. Evidently just banging pots and screeching like idiots wasn't enough for the 5 or 6 free-gooders. They had to deface private property to represent what liberals stand for.
While Bob insults a group of people who legally and respectably gather, while garnering no small amount of national political influence, his own brand of "patriots" are busily begging for quarters and tagging buildings downtown.
No better representation of conservatives & liberals than that!:)
Your on a roll. Great post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Occupy Wall Street Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) May '15 shame on YOO 48
News Glenn Greenwald in North Texas: NSA Surveillanc... Apr '15 goldstone report 1
News Ferguson police militarisation, inspiration for... Apr '15 goldstone report 2
News There's no need to be smug over Minnesota's sud... Apr '15 Republican 10
News Court nixes Occupy marchers' suit over mass arr... Feb '15 USA Today 4
News Black American income inequality (Jan '12) Feb '15 yea 3
News Protesters to NYPD: We want dead cops (Dec '14) Feb '15 Out Of The Hood 85
More from around the web