Jimmy Ryce's mother dies

Jimmy Ryce's mother dies

There are 44 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Jimmy Ryce's mother dies. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The mother of a 9-year-old boy whose 1995 murder received national attention has died from a heart attack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
margate27

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jan 22, 2009
How terrible to hear. Like that poor family hasn't been through enough. At least mother and son will be together now. RIP Claudine and Jimmy.

“Life's A Beach”

Since: Jun 07

Pompano Beach

#2 Jan 22, 2009
How sad to learn of her passing. I hope she and Jimmy are reunited in Heaven.
My sympathies go out to her family.
Rest In Peace, Claudine.
Deputy Dog

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 Jan 22, 2009
No appeal for this scum. Just end his life now, he's had more of a chance than his victim did.
Native

Cary, NC

#4 Jan 22, 2009
I am sorry for her loss however she is reunite dwith Jimmy,,the father must be at a loss after loosing these 2 people he loved so much.
The guy who did it showed no remorse he is an animal..I remember the crime well
hmmmm

Jupiter, FL

#5 Jan 22, 2009
He could not speak any english, there was evidence that another man on the ranch may have done this--and he was also a sex-offender.
momofhighschoole r

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 22, 2009
I remember when this crime happened. I lived down there at that time. It was so sad to hear someone could do something so horrible to a child. My daughter was only 1 at the time. At least now the mother can be with her child.
sad day

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2009
NO parents should have to go through what the Ryce family dealt with following the details of Jimmy's untimely death. I wish they'd kill that scumbag that did this NOW rather than waste our taxpayer dollars feeding that animal.

RIP Mrs. Ryce.
ben

AOL

#9 Jan 22, 2009
God bless her and her family.
obamanation

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jan 22, 2009
Why are we paying to keep this demon alive?
Josie

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 22, 2009
This beautiful woman is now at rest and at peace, with her beautiful son Jimmy, at her side in heaven.
I remember this crime, it shook everyone to the core.

God bless the Ryce family, you are all in our thoughts & prayers.
The Law

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 22, 2009
Chavez is a pure piece of human scum. We gave this float rafting Cuban a chance to make a good life in this country, and Chavez can pay back to society by dying of lethal injection. Lets inject him with a gallon of bleach,a few quarts of motor oil, and some brake fluid to top it off.

I know it sounds mean, but I saw the detail information of the last hours of how this little boy died. This Chavez should be brought to Little Havana, and hang from a pole after he is dead.

“Remember, pillage THEN burn”

Since: Nov 08

Chula Vista

#13 Jan 22, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
He could not speak any english, there was evidence that another man on the ranch may have done this--and he was also a sex-offender.
and yet Chavez LED them to the dismembered body. THINK THE 'OTHER' GUY TOLD HIM WHERE TO TAKE THE FBI TO THE BODY?
what a surprise

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jan 22, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
He could not speak any english, there was evidence that another man on the ranch may have done this--and he was also a sex-offender.
The article states he CONFESSED to the crime. Because of his actions, this family suffered immeasurably. What difference does it make if he spoke no English? Is it less of a confession in another language? When there is a confession there should be NO appeal. My prayers are with Mr. Ryce and his family and friends. Bless you all.
OLD CUBA

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2009
The Law wrote:
Chavez is a pure piece of human scum. We gave this float rafting Cuban a chance to make a good life in this country, and Chavez can pay back to society by dying of lethal injection. Lets inject him with a gallon of bleach,a few quarts of motor oil, and some brake fluid to top it off.
I know it sounds mean, but I saw the detail information of the last hours of how this little boy died. This Chavez should be brought to Little Havana, and hang from a pole after he is dead.
I know you hate cubans..but this monster is not one of us!!!

May mother and child be reunited in peace, once and for eternity.
Chavez IS the killer

AOL

#16 Jan 22, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
He could not speak any english, there was evidence that another man on the ranch may have done this--and he was also a sex-offender.
There was enough evidence to convict him. He did it, plead his so called innocence to someone who will believe it. Happy traveling.
Chavez IS the killer

AOL

#17 Jan 22, 2009
OLD CUBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you hate cubans..but this monster is not one of us!!!
May mother and child be reunited in peace, once and for eternity.
There are good Cubans and bad Cubans, so true. The Marieletto's RUNIED Miami.

“Life's A Beach”

Since: Jun 07

Pompano Beach

#18 Jan 22, 2009
obamanation wrote:
Why are we paying to keep this demon alive?
Unfortunately, criminals have more rights than their victims. The Death Penalty, as it stands now, is a joke and is in sore need of revamping.
1) Limit the appeals process to 1, and only 1, appeal. Something the victim did not get.
2) Upon losing the appeal, execution needs to take place in a timely manner. I'll be generous and say within 1 year. This gives the criminal more than enough time to get his/her affairs in order and time to say good-bye to their loved ones. Another thing the victim did not get.
3) Execution should be the same manner that the criminal killed the victim. If the victim was shot, the criminal goes before a firing squad. If the victim was strangled, the criminal gets hung.
Why should a violent criminal be "put to sleep" like a beloved family pet? Give 'em exactly what they gave.
local boca

Jonas Ridge, NC

#19 Jan 22, 2009
I'll never forget the touching public statement this brave woman gave after Chavez was found guilty. She discussed a new dress she felt guilty of buying and related it to missing Jimmy. She was so eloquent, I just never forgot it. May she rest in peace.
what a surprise

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jan 22, 2009
Pompano Beach Gail wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, criminals have more rights than their victims. The Death Penalty, as it stands now, is a joke and is in sore need of revamping.
1) Limit the appeals process to 1, and only 1, appeal. Something the victim did not get.
2) Upon losing the appeal, execution needs to take place in a timely manner. I'll be generous and say within 1 year. This gives the criminal more than enough time to get his/her affairs in order and time to say good-bye to their loved ones. Another thing the victim did not get.
3) Execution should be the same manner that the criminal killed the victim. If the victim was shot, the criminal goes before a firing squad. If the victim was strangled, the criminal gets hung.
Why should a violent criminal be "put to sleep" like a beloved family pet? Give 'em exactly what they gave.
I believe that if a confession is on the table, the appeal should come off. Other than that, I agree with you completely. Having these criminals sitting in jail long enough for the public to forget about them and the crime they committed is ridiculous. Had the death of Mrs. Ryce not been reported, I could honestly say I would not have remembered this case. That's sad because I was horrified when it occurred.
woman

AOL

#21 Jan 22, 2009
When Jimmy's killer went to court, his mother was flown here to stand beside him. I hope Mr.Ryce can feel the multitude of hearts that stand with him today. They tried to turn Jimmy's tragedy to hope for other victims.For all the ugliness that intruded into their lives, they showed us all the beauty and strength of the human spirit. God bless the Ryce family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Online poll reveals most popular choice for Col... 18 hr Will Dockery 11
News Coffay, Phyllis W. Jan 13 juli 1
News The Rev. Samuel Turner Sr. Jan 13 Bishop Cheryl Myhand 1
News Buckwild Star Dies: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning B... (Apr '13) Jan 12 Honestly 3
News Michigan woman dies from virus while serving 30... Jan 12 Anonymous 2
News Third Person Dies in Unrelated Animal vs. Motor... (Jun '11) Jan 9 Mel Hart 3
News Harry J. - Punk' Smith Jr. Jan 9 Eileen Biddle 1
More from around the web