Funeral set for teen killed in accide...

Funeral set for teen killed in accidental shooting

There are 112 comments on the KFVS12 story from Oct 18, 2012, titled Funeral set for teen killed in accidental shooting. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

Family and friends are saying their final goodbyes to a southern Illinois teenager who authorities say died after accidentally shooting himself at a friend's house.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

yessir

Paducah, KY

#83 Nov 16, 2012
justice wrote:
If thats true then charges will surely follow. Those parents trying to cover things up are guilty of covering up a crime. If they had called for help instead of messing around for hour and half worring that kids wouldnt be able to play ball, oh my the more we hear the worse its gets
Once again, does anybody know any specifics? It seems as long as this is taking, not much is being done. What charges could be filed and when? Who would they affect?
praise God

Belvidere, IL

#84 Nov 16, 2012
yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean? More specifics please....
Means the right people are finally being questioned, can't hide from the truth now

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#85 Nov 17, 2012
People in the community are starting to contact me with interesting details surrounding this case and I certainly do appreciate it, and I do take every contact very seriously. However, please be patient because until autopsy results come back the facts are going to be certainly very limited until I can try and confirm certain details about it. I do find it puzzling that some of these people have details that they have not shared with the sheriff's department. This does not do the investigation any justice and it certainly does not do justice to the death of that young man. I'd like to encourage any and all persons connected to this case who have actual facts to please share them with local law enforcement. I believe that if we all can work together on this, that will send a strong message to the sheriff that this community is watching and want to know the truth. You can always I certainly will keep at it until the facts come out and until we see appropriate action taken against anyone that there should be, assuming there is any. Anyone can always go to the Massac County Sheriff's Dept website and submit anonymous tips if you aren't comfortable with your name being attached to the cases for whatever reason. Also, if you phone in a tip you can remain anonymous there as well, use a different number. If you are on gmail it's set up to where you can make phone calls from within your email. So there are ways to get law enforcement much needed info to move forward in the investigation.
sad

Cambridge, MA

#86 Nov 17, 2012
i miss lane soooo much ! wish i could see his smile one more time={
praise God

Ballwin, MO

#87 Nov 17, 2012
thank you for all you are doing and trying to do. Lane is worth every minute and thought that your putting into it. Thank you for anyone and everyone that has contacted this man. "Keeping em honest", we need more honest people in our community to speak up here and now!
Keeping em honest wrote:
People in the community are starting to contact me with interesting details surrounding this case and I certainly do appreciate it, and I do take every contact very seriously. However, please be patient because until autopsy results come back the facts are going to be certainly very limited until I can try and confirm certain details about it. I do find it puzzling that some of these people have details that they have not shared with the sheriff's department. This does not do the investigation any justice and it certainly does not do justice to the death of that young man. I'd like to encourage any and all persons connected to this case who have actual facts to please share them with local law enforcement. I believe that if we all can work together on this, that will send a strong message to the sheriff that this community is watching and want to know the truth. You can always I certainly will keep at it until the facts come out and until we see appropriate action taken against anyone that there should be, assuming there is any. Anyone can always go to the Massac County Sheriff's Dept website and submit anonymous tips if you aren't comfortable with your name being attached to the cases for whatever reason. Also, if you phone in a tip you can remain anonymous there as well, use a different number. If you are on gmail it's set up to where you can make phone calls from within your email. So there are ways to get law enforcement much needed info to move forward in the investigation.
waiting patiently

United States

#88 Nov 25, 2012
praise God wrote:
thank you for all you are doing and trying to do. Lane is worth every minute and thought that your putting into it. Thank you for anyone and everyone that has contacted this man. "Keeping em honest", we need more honest people in our community to speak up here and now! <quoted text>
Wondering why new posts can't be posted???
suprise

Paducah, KY

#89 Nov 25, 2012
There are people that do not want the truth to come out, so nothing will suprise me. A good investagator should need no help in getting imformation. So lets wait and leave it to them get to the truth and nothing but the truth.
not surprised

Marion, IL

#90 Nov 25, 2012
You used the key word here "good investigator" that is all that needs be said.
waiting patiently

Saint Louis, MO

#91 Nov 26, 2012
Some are being questioned, and told by the ISP that they would be back.....so tell the truth the first time as lies are hard to keep straight! The truth remains the same.... The truth, so tell it, I don't care how young or old you are
to quite

Paducah, KY

#92 Dec 5, 2012
Hows about an update. Anything new KEH?
Swamp Donkey

Metropolis, IL

#93 Dec 5, 2012
to quite wrote:
Hows about an update. Anything new KEH?
Probably swept under the rug like everything else around here.
britt

Bowling Green, KY

#94 Dec 6, 2012
Has anybody heard about the gun he was shot with?if it was by h im when police arrived.and how he was holding it? Also who was the gun registered To?my dad is a pastor he was helpin brad n deanna.and Brad and Deanna were getting n church an trying To get there lives on track.I know details the coroner told my father but lanes death does not add up.u need eloquence investigating or ftracking leads.country me n day or night!
now what

Paducah, KY

#95 Dec 7, 2012
K E H what is going on with your investagation? Share some info.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#96 Dec 11, 2012
I wish I had some info to share on this now what. Unfortunately, I do not but I am still working on it. I messaged Sheriff Holden last week, here is what has been sent:
Sheriff Holder,
It has been a few weeks since I talked to you and I wanted to follow up with you to find out if there is any new info on the Benjermin Lane
Wolfe case. Has there been any arrests in this case? I understand you probably can't give any specifics, but I thought maybe you could give
a general answer maybe. I also wanted to see if someone had contacted you or not about his son listening to an apparent open cell
phone call right after the Wolfe shooting that gives a timeline for the incident. He had contacted me with this info and when I asked him
why he hadn't notified the sheriff's department of this pertinent info he said that he didn't know. I then advised him to contact you directly as that could facilitate the investigation proceeding. I
would also like to know if any info is available on Deanna and Brad Pierce as well. Thank you for your time.

Sheriff Holder has yet to reply to this message. I will be resending it to him today. I am not giving up and will persist and put pressure on the department until some information is released. This will NOT be swept under the rug if I have anything to say about it.
confused

Marion, IL

#97 Dec 11, 2012
KEH, I am confused. You said something about his son listening to an apparent open cell phone call?? Who are you referring to? I am a close family member and this is first I have heard of this.

There are still many unanswered questions and too many conflicting stories. I really don't feel that we will ever get any real answers. I appreciate that you are still following up. Maybe when the community keeps asking, they will have to eventually have some kind of answers.
ouch

Paducah, KY

#98 Dec 11, 2012
there was a phone call that was unanswered, then open conversation was recorded on said phone. It was from one of the boys phone at the shooting, he was supposed to be questioned. Did they ask him if he let other people listen to it??? Which he did.. They were cousins. From what I heard the conversation was about what to do. What time was that call made. What time did they call police. Was the call to police made by a parent? Did parents try to cover things up? While cleaning things up did they know if the boy was still alive. There are a lot of Questions to be asked and answered, hope the truth comes out. Lanes family needs to hire a lawyer. away form here
agreed

Saint Louis, MO

#99 Dec 12, 2012
So much agreed....
ouch wrote:
there was a phone call that was unanswered, then open conversation was recorded on said phone. It was from one of the boys phone at the shooting, he was supposed to be questioned. Did they ask him if he let other people listen to it??? Which he did.. They were cousins. From what I heard the conversation was about what to do. What time was that call made. What time did they call police. Was the call to police made by a parent? Did parents try to cover things up? While cleaning things up did they know if the boy was still alive. There are a lot of Questions to be asked and answered, hope the truth comes out. Lanes family needs to hire a lawyer. away form here
well

Metropolis, IL

#100 Dec 14, 2012
just received word that an arrest was made this morning in the deanna and brad Pierce case.
more info plz

United States

#101 Dec 15, 2012
well wrote:
just received word that an arrest was made this morning in the deanna and brad Pierce case.
can you say more? Anyway related to Lane's case?
trying to breath

Saint Louis, MO

#102 Dec 21, 2012
I miss your beautiful smile, your bluer than blue eyes......I just miss you so bad, I don't want to keep going, I see you in my dreams. I still love you so much......I miss you Lane </3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) 20 hr Robyn 145
News Sacramento TV Icon Harry Martin Dies (Feb '08) Sat Mike Hamiel 56
News Buckwild Star Dies: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning B... (Apr '13) Fri Mee 22
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger Terri 50
News Swiss 'chocolate king' Rudolph Spruengli dies, ... (Oct '08) Oct 16 Katharine Davis 6
News Despite rain, Kennedy mourners flock to church (Aug '09) Oct 10 Hillary Weinstein... 3
News Don E. Morrison, II (Oct '10) Sep 30 Matt 11
More from around the web