Salinas police investigate lawyer's 'suspicious' death

Verginia Turner, 42, was arrested Thursday in the death of Mark Hafen, according to the Salinas Police Department. Full Story
Angelina

Newark, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2010
This is such a heartbreaking situation. I have known Mark most of his life, and this is just not right. She needs to be put away Forever. What about the death penalty, for taking away someone's life. My condolences to his family. Several years ago he was telling me of this woman who was showing up at his office, stalking him and he could not get rid of her. He described her a mexican. Now this ! I am so Sorry to hear of this tragedy. She is a murderer and hopefully she will be put away forever. Greiving, I am.
Angelina

San Mateo, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2010
When is the hearing on the woman who alledgedly murdered him?
Angelina

Escalon, CA

#3 Oct 8, 2010
I googled Virginia turner. Someone has filed a restraining order on her. It says all the crazy things she did to another man. "threatening to kill him.". Taking his keys & going into his home. Stealing thousands on dollars. Throwing out his clothes. Poor Mark must have been thru such antics with her. Then she murders him
Tamara

Honolulu, HI

#4 Nov 1, 2011
My husband dated her (before me of course) and she did all the crazy things listed including threatening his ex-wife. My husband dodged a bullet. My heart goes out to Marks family.
Panama

Chico, CA

#5 Jun 16, 2012
I hope Verginia gets life. The bible says an eye for an eye. That predator knew he was a sucker the moment she layed eyes on him. He was generous with his time and resources to help those who were less fortunate. He was a dedicated father and loved by all who knew him. Mark was a colorful personality and enjoyed making people laugh. He will always be missed by his 5 boys and grandsons.
It's like being robbed having him taken away. Mark always said he would have to move out of town and thertefore, put off ending her for many years.
laura

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Oct 30, 2012
when will this trial ever begin? my boyfriend dated her while we were "on a break" and i lived in another state. this lunatic started calling me wanting to be my friend. we dodged the bullet and the rebar too! thank god she's in jail where she can't wreak havoc on anyone else!
Jemilo

Salinas, CA

#7 Dec 3, 2012
To Laura and Angelina:

The trial is going on now. It started 11/26/12 and is expected to go around 2 weeks. If you want to follow the court schedule then here is the link directly to this hearing. https://www.justicepartners.monterey.courts.c...
If that link doesn't work the go to the Monterey County Court's website at http://www.monterey.courts.ca.gov/ then go to Online Services, Index Search and enter her last name and first name and her complete history will come up (If you want to only enter in part of her first name ie: Ver then just make sure to put % at the end ie: Ver%). This is case #SS102063A.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Thu Roger and Terri 43
Jeffrey Sean Brinkers, 37, of Jackson (Feb '10) Thu KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 183
Dorothy I. Lissenden, R. N. Obituary (Oct '09) Thu KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 242
Obituary - Babette R. Harper (May '11) Thu David Wilson 2
Jasper Holmes Memorial Fund (Feb '12) Dec 23 Wendy 42 33
Woman fatally shot on anniversary of brother's ... Dec 23 SLiM925 1
House of Mercy gives toys to families in need Dec 20 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web