Friends: Teen car crash victim was always smiling

Full story: Newsday 149
Special to Newsday; Staff writer Andrew Strickler contributed to this story. July 9, 2008 It was easy to pick out Alora Williams in the groups of teens gathered in the parking lots at Castle Golf and Burger ... Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Spare Change

Jericho, NY

#170 Jul 21, 2008
Neighbor Nancy wrote:
I'm so saddened to come on here and read all of the things that are being said. I'm not sure if you guys have looked at the topic on the posting but it is about a young girl who has died in a car accident. Not who spells what wrong or how people use words in sentences. It's not about judging people, it is about a young lady named Alora William's who was killed in a car accident. I am not going to agree or disagree with any of you on here for your comments that you have made toward Alora and her family, but what I will do is let you all know that Alora was very close to me and she was a very nice sweet girl who has been to hell and back in her life at such a young age of 14. She has probably been threw more then me and you put together. But again I am not here to pass judgement on anyone for stating their opinion but please if you are going to write on here at least stick to the topix. Nobody is perfect and who are you or I to sit and correct people's mistakes. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Well said. By the way, it's "through" not "threw".
Uncle Jesse

Stratford, CT

#171 Jul 21, 2008
14 yr old girl hanging out far to late and riding around with older boys in their car. Nobody could have seen this coming, yeah right. I hope the parents are blaming themselves.

If the "Teen car crash victim was always smiling" she ain't now, is she. Good job mom and dad

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#172 Jul 21, 2008
semaj wrote:
<quoted text>That statement was cruel and totally unnecessary. I hope you don't have to think about that one day when you are in a car accident or one of your family members.
Not a problem on my end. I don't drive like a reckless moron and cruising around at 2AM with friends stopped years ago. Thanks for the concern and be safe yourself.
Mike

Memphis, TN

#173 Jul 22, 2008
I got to agree. Although this could have happened anytime, at 2:30 a young person should be at home, in bed, alone. When we play with fire-sometimes we get burnt. Parents- U R responsible.
was a NYer

Hendersonville, NC

#174 Jul 22, 2008
Neighbor Nancy wrote:
I'm so saddened to come on here and read all of the things that are being said. I'm not sure if you guys have looked at the topic on the posting but it is about a young girl who has died in a car accident. Not who spells what wrong or how people use words in sentences. It's not about judging people, it is about a young lady named Alora William's who was killed in a car accident. I am not going to agree or disagree with any of you on here for your comments that you have made toward Alora and her family, but what I will do is let you all know that Alora was very close to me and she was a very nice sweet girl who has been to hell and back in her life at such a young age of 14. She has probably been threw more then me and you put together. But again I am not here to pass judgement on anyone for stating their opinion but please if you are going to write on here at least stick to the topix. Nobody is perfect and who are you or I to sit and correct people's mistakes. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
you are right this is a story about a 14yr old out at 2:30am with an 18yr old and now she is dead. Why is grammar and spelling so important? It is important because this wonderful country is setting a terrible example to the world we are NOT educating our youth. We send our children to school for only 180 days in at 8 out before 3. In England they are still in school will be out next week then back in school in August for the next grade year. They also go to classes until past 4 o'clock. American kids sit in front of the tv or computer instead of learning. As a country we are so far behind the rest of world we once were at the head of class and now as a country we are the class clown. That is why people correct spelling and grammar because someone has to.

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Since: Oct 07

Nassau County

#175 Jul 22, 2008
Informed Poster wrote:
That's it Folks!! The Polls are now closed!! After carefully tallying all of th votes cast, checking for chits and making sure all was in order, the Winner Is:
A-liar, who just might - B - the dumbest person on earth, and as you can - C - might be mistaken for a crackhead or it's just the sound of her -D -elusional rantings you are hearing.- E - ither way you look at it, the girl is full of crappola!!
Thank you for voting!!
C - crackhead
D - delusional
E - all of the above
yay we are all winners here. lmao
semaj

Oak Forest, IL

#176 Aug 6, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem on my end. I don't drive like a reckless **** and cruising around at 2AM with friends stopped years ago. Thanks for the concern and be safe yourself.
You don't have to drive like a reckless****whatever that's why its called an accident. How many people do you know that are just minding their own business and some druken slob comes out of nowhere and takes his life. The fact that you say it stopped years ago is an indication that you did at one time mayb not at 14 but you DID so sorry you cant throw a stone at her. Its a shame that people can't just feel sorry for the girl she was misdirected the fact that her grandmother was taking care of her means that something was going wrong is her life. Some people use misfortune as a stepping stone to improve themselves and they are to be commended but others use those stones to bury themselves which Alora chose the latter but should we condemn her? maybe she just wasn't strong enough to hadle what life had dealt her.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#177 Aug 6, 2008
semaj wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to drive like a reckless **** whatever that's why its called an accident. How many people do you know that are just minding their own business and some druken slob comes out of nowhere and takes his life. The fact that you say it stopped years ago is an indication that you did at one time mayb not at 14 but you DID so sorry you cant throw a stone at her. Its a shame that people can't just feel sorry for the girl she was misdirected the fact that her grandmother was taking care of her means that something was going wrong is her life. Some people use misfortune as a stepping stone to improve themselves and they are to be commended but others use those stones to bury themselves which Alora chose the latter but should we condemn her? maybe she just wasn't strong enough to hadle what life had dealt her.
Again, I’ll give the definition of accident.
Accident - A happening without any planning, apparent cause, or deliberate intent.
This was not an “accident”.
bigtrucker631

New York, NY

#178 Jan 25, 2013
bystander wrote:
...and reason she lived with the grandparents is that her parent(s?) is/are most likely in prison and the grandparents had already served thier term.
this is how we know about your ignorance level. If you don't know about someone's life, it is a good idea to keep to yourself. I personally have known alora since she was six year old and only thing I want to say is "God gave us his angel and then took her back." Rest of you ignorant people go find something to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concord: Prosecutors decline to file charges in... 2 hr gg 6
Jeffrey Sean Brinkers, 37, of Jackson (Feb '10) 11 hr KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 181
Dorothy I. Lissenden, R. N. Obituary (Oct '09) 11 hr KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 238
COLD CASES: Frank Goff (Jul '10) Tue eboe2017 2
Moreno Valley: Man on PCP dies after struggling... Tue nikki 1
Danbury funeral home opens in former Dunkin' Do... Nov 24 FuneralDude 1
lungmus, dwayne Nov 23 Not the Same with... 1

Obituaries People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE