Friends: Teen car crash victim was al...

Friends: Teen car crash victim was always smiling

There are 149 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Friends: Teen car crash victim was always smiling. In it, Newsday reports that:

Special to Newsday; Staff writer Andrew Strickler contributed to this story. July 9, 2008 It was easy to pick out Alora Williams in the groups of teens gathered in the parking lots at Castle Golf and Burger ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#149 Jul 21, 2008
Neighbor Nancy wrote:
I'm so saddened to come on here and read all of the things that are being said. I'm not sure if you guys have looked at the topic on the posting but it is about a young girl who has died in a car accident. Not who spells what wrong or how people use words in sentences. It's not about judging people, it is about a young lady named Alora William's who was killed in a car accident. I am not going to agree or disagree with any of you on here for your comments that you have made toward Alora and her family, but what I will do is let you all know that Alora was very close to me and she was a very nice sweet girl who has been to hell and back in her life at such a young age of 14. She has probably been threw more then me and you put together. But again I am not here to pass judgement on anyone for stating their opinion but please if you are going to write on here at least stick to the topix. Nobody is perfect and who are you or I to sit and correct people's mistakes. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Please tell us what made her life like hell so we can understand. Otherwise, we must assume she had problems just like everyone else. It’s too bad she got killed and I would like to understand.

Writing skills are fairly important when you want to convey a message and be taken seriously. My general rule of thumb is that if someone can’t take the time to write well then I can’t take the time to consider their opinion. There’s no excuse for being illiterate. Typos are understandable, but some of the garbage is inexcusable.
While we’re on the topic. You should have written “through” and not “threw” as well as “than“ instead of “then“.

Have a nice day and drive safely.

Brooklyn, NY

#150 Jul 21, 2008
Ted Striker wrote:
<quoted text>
But will "D" be covered under C (can you change it to all of the above ... and below?) If so, I vote C.
Thanks for asking Ted. I didn’t start this poll nor am I keeping count. The Old “C” should now be “D” and “C” should now have the crackhead label. You’ll be safe no matter what because wither way you’re implying that she’s nuts.
VOR

Holtsville, NY

#151 Jul 21, 2008
elphaba_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This here is what we call a flounce. It has all of the key ingredients of a good flounce.
A- we are all so mean.
B- they are all so smart
C- they will never return.
Now the concept is to assign points for the flounce. There should be points for technical merit and artistic impression for a total of 9 points. Half points may be awarded and points will be deducted if they come back at any time.
As flounces go this one was very mild - little artistry. I judge it a 5.
Let the judging begin.
Please define "we" and "they" as they are intended in your poll so that I may cast my vote.

Thank you.

Beanz The Cat

“"I'm Beanz by all meanz!!"”

Since: Jul 08

Stony Brook, NY

#152 Jul 21, 2008
<Beanzie scratches her cat head over this voting thing and throws the letter "X" into the box>

Beanz The Cat

Stony Brook, NY

#153 Jul 21, 2008
Sorry I voted twice...lol!

“I'm Back - sort of”

Since: Mar 08

Anytown USA

#154 Jul 21, 2008
Beanz The Cat wrote:
<Beanzie scratches her cat head over this voting thing and throws the letter "X" into the box>
Leave it to the cat to use the box for something else... LMAO

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Since: Oct 07

Nassau County

#155 Jul 21, 2008
Beanz The Cat wrote:
Sorry I voted twice...lol!
hey there beanz, how are you today?

“I'm Back - sort of”

Anytown USA

#156 Jul 21, 2008
VOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define "we" and "they" as they are intended in your poll so that I may cast my vote.
Thank you.
Sure

We - anyone but Kaila Fehrenbach 11720 (generally those refuting her claims.)

They - Kaila Fehrenbach 11720

Will that do?

Beanz The Cat

Stony Brook, NY

#157 Jul 21, 2008
elphaba_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to the cat to use the box for something else... LMAO
lmao!!!!!

Beanz The Cat

Stony Brook, NY

#158 Jul 21, 2008
Momo4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
hey there beanz, how are you today?
I'm great MoMo!!!!! How are you??
Nothing too exciting around here today...I tried to stir it up in a few places but they keep picking me up and throwing me outside the front door....always picking on the cat!
>^..^<

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Since: Oct 07

Nassau County

#160 Jul 21, 2008
Beanz The Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm great MoMo!!!!! How are you??
Nothing too exciting around here today...I tried to stir it up in a few places but they keep picking me up and throwing me outside the front door....always picking on the cat!
>^..^<
lmao....well it's only monday, maybe we can cause some havic tomorrow.
HarleyRider

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#161 Jul 21, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
I vote "C". Too bad you didn't add D: Crackhead.
I vote C. She's waaaaaaaaay too chubby to be a crackhead!
Seriously

Springfield, VA

#162 Jul 21, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for asking Ted. I didn’t start this poll nor am I keeping count. The Old “C” should now be “D” and “C” should now have the crackhead label. You’ll be safe no matter what because wither way you’re implying that she’s nuts.
Now wait, just a darn minute. If "C" is crackhead, then "D" should definitely be delusional and the old "C" should be E.

Brooklyn, NY

#163 Jul 21, 2008
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text> Now wait, just a darn minute. If "C" is crackhead, then "D" should definitely be delusional and the old "C" should be E.
Okay, let's redo the system as long as they don't mind.
A - liar
B - dumbest person on earth
C - crackhead
D - delusional
E - all of the above
Huh

United States

#164 Jul 21, 2008
Serously People wrote:
Are you trying to tell me that everyone that has posted a comment on here has ALWAYS come to a full stop at a stop sign? Never done more than 5mph over the speed limit? NEVER sneak out to see friends of any age or sex? NEVER tried any kind of drugs(at any age)? NEVER drank before you were of age to do so? Come on people you are sitting here saying shit about a 14yo girl that is dead. Who cares what time it was...A 17yo lost his life at 9:30pm should he have been home too? Was he on drugs? The fact of th matter is you have NO CLUE! You have no idea WHO these people were or what they were about all you are doing is speculating to cause drama and sit here and post comments to argue on facts that you know NOTHING about! So unless you are family to this little girl or are privy to the autopsy report to know if she had sex of any kind or was on drugs of any kind, the ONLY thing you should be talking about are the facts that you are given. If that at all because the ONLY thing you know is the absolute facts are how old she was, how old he was, and where is happened. Anything else can be pure speculation on the part of you, the reporter, or even the police. Until all the reports come back and I'm sure you won't be privy to them and by the time they do come out I'm sure you morons will already be on another topic exploiting the facts that you don't know and you won't care about this particular little girl you is forever gone. So why do you bother in the first place? My guess would be (and now its just a guess) that you are not working or watching you kids as you should be, instead you are online making asses of yourselves.
My heart goes out to ALL and ANY family that has lost a child or a friend because no matter who they are, how old they are, or what anyone comments about them they will always be loved and can never be replaced!!!
I feel sorry for her grandparents and others who loved her. But here are the facts:

She was out in the early hours of the day - she was just out of 8th grade and with a boy she barely knew who graduated (or should have) from high school. None of these things should have happened. Her parents weren't raising her, they left that to their parents. Don't give us the BS that they are too poor. If the grandparents are willing to raise her, I'm sure they were willing to help out financially. For all the kids here who are barely literate - if you don't believe she made any mistakes, then you are very likely to end up in a mess (and one of you already has - the little idiot who bragged about being 5 months pregnant - this will probably end up another poor child being raised by its grandparents because the parents were stupid.) So mourn your friend, feel sad about the mistakes she made, and try to do better for yourself. Swearing at everyone just makes you look even more immature and pathetic.
Huh

United States

#165 Jul 21, 2008
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm throwing in the towel and giving up my crusade to teach people the difference between "looser" and "loser." I'm not getting anywhere with it, i'd have an easier time scaling the summit of Everest
I see this all the time - I don't understand why people have such a hard time with these two words.
HarleyRider

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#166 Jul 21, 2008
I am voting row B!(I got my degree in teacher....LMAO)
I smart

United States

#167 Jul 21, 2008
I also got my degree in teacher from my high school, so I vote for #3.

“There's Only One ME!”

Location hidden

#168 Jul 21, 2008
That's it Folks!! The Polls are now closed!! After carefully tallying all of th votes cast, checking for chits and making sure all was in order, the Winner Is:

A-liar, who just might - B - the dumbest person on earth, and as you can - C - might be mistaken for a crackhead or it's just the sound of her -D -elusional rantings you are hearing.- E - ither way you look at it, the girl is full of crappola!!

Thank you for voting!!

C - crackhead
D - delusional
E - all of the above
semaj

Oak Forest, IL

#169 Jul 21, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole scenario is why she ended up as road pizza.
That statement was cruel and totally unnecessary. I hope you don't have to think about that one day when you are in a car accident or one of your family members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lenetta F. Schools 9 min Janet and Jim Sh... 1
News David E. Garofalo (Feb '08) 23 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 15
News Rowena Stone Fleming Thu Terry Ray 1
News Matthew Etchey (Apr '14) Sep 26 Destinee 4
News Obituary: Richard T. Lewis, 66, former resident Sep 21 Paul Karl 1
News William Pryor Evers -Wednesday, February 22, 2012 (Feb '12) Sep 21 Williams daughter 2
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Sep 21 bob 86
More from around the web