Friends: Teen car crash victim was always smiling

Full story: Newsday

Special to Newsday; Staff writer Andrew Strickler contributed to this story. July 9, 2008 It was easy to pick out Alora Williams in the groups of teens gathered in the parking lots at Castle Golf and Burger ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of149
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
old timer

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

don't any of these kids need to be home at a certain hour - hanging out at the school after hours, in the burger king parking lots, at applebee's - are you f-ing kidding me -
a friend

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

she was an amazing person, she really had no one but her friends. she was always free spirited and care free. she'll always be missed by anyone that even knew her name.
HarleyRider

Egham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

a friend wrote:
she was an amazing person, she really had no one but her friends. she was always free spirited and care free. she'll always be missed by anyone that even knew her name.
This store saddens me, but i can't help but to ask "what is a 14 y.o. girl doing out so late".
What do you mean "she really had no one but her friends"?
A FRIEND

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

ALORA,WAS A VERY SWEET KIND PERSON. SHE WOULD ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON HER FACE WHEN I SAW HER WALKING DOWN THE HALLWAYS. I NEVER GOT TO TALK TO HER BUT I WISH I DID, AND NOW I CANT. WE ALL MISS HER<3 WE LOVE YOU ALORA

alora,was a very sweet kind person. she would always have a smile on her face when i saw her walking in the hallways. i never got to talk to her but i wish i did,and now i cant. it was only another year and then i would be with her in high school. we love you alora<3
Meowch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Parents? What happened to them? Or where are they? States she and her sisters were being raised by their grandmother.
alora ily RIP

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Uhm, Okay so the random people commenting this page, that are talking shit, have NO idea, what Alora had been threw . mmkay? She probably has been threw more then all of us combined. So how about you stop talking shit, when you dont know anything.
Doug

Lincoln Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

iight everyone here needs to shut the F*** up cause she was one of my best friends and if u had half the brains to figure out more she was living with her grandma....not because the parents were bad but b/c they were short on money....yea she made a mistake but havent we all
alora ily RIP

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

i was the comment before you dougg, and there blanked out my curses .
Heinie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

These types of rude comments are why the Trib usually disables the comments for these types of stories.
My condolences to Alora's friends.
Kaila Fehrenbach 11720

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

Okay all of you need to stop saying "What is a 14 year old doing out an such an hour like 2:30am." What does the time have ANYTHING to do with what happen to Alora? It could have been at noon or at 5:00pm it could have happened at any time but it happened at 2:30am so thats what you guys are gonna sit here and use as a topic to talk about. You can not sit here and tell me that at 14 years old you were never out late with your friends weither your parents knew it or not. Cause we have all be there at one point in our lives just nothing like this happen to us so we seem to forget about all those times. Well don't you think that her family has been through enough? Don't you have a heart? Why do you all feel the need to sit here and bash this family and little girl for what had happend. It is something they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives they dont need your help of feeling guilty forever. They shouldnt have to come on here and read the horrible things you are all saying they have enough to deal with. Yes what happened was sad and yes a 14 year old girl was out at 2:30 in the morning with a 18 year old boy GET OVER IT!!!! Why don't you all go follow your kids around and see what they are really doing??? GO worry about your kids not this family. If you have nothing nice to say please don't come on here and say anything becuase you know what Karma is a bitch and what goes around comes around. How would you feel if this happened to one of your children and you came on here and read what everyone is saying? you would want to read good things not horrible cruel things like what is being said now by all of you. well im sorry most of you. So for now you all think it is okay to sit here and talk shit but when it happens to you its a totally different story. So please go and find something else to do then sit here and bash them. How about go watch what your kids are doing so this doesn't happen to them...you don't know what this family has been through so you are nobody to talk.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

Kaila Fehrenbach 11720 wrote:
Okay all of you need to stop saying "What is a 14 year old doing out an such an hour like 2:30am." What does the time have ANYTHING to do with what happen to Alora? It could have been at noon or at 5:00pm it could have happened at any time but it happened at 2:30am so thats what you guys are gonna sit here and use as a topic to talk about. You can not sit here and tell me that at 14 years old you were never out late with your friends weither your parents knew it or not. Cause we have all be there at one point in our lives just nothing like this happen to us so we seem to forget about all those times. Well don't you think that her family has been through enough? Don't you have a heart? Why do you all feel the need to sit here and bash this family and little girl for what had happend. It is something they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives they dont need your help of feeling guilty forever. They shouldnt have to come on here and read the horrible things you are all saying they have enough to deal with. Yes what happened was sad and yes a 14 year old girl was out at 2:30 in the morning with a 18 year old boy GET OVER IT!!!! Why don't you all go follow your kids around and see what they are really doing??? GO worry about your kids not this family. If you have nothing nice to say please don't come on here and say anything becuase you know what Karma is a bitch and what goes around comes around. How would you feel if this happened to one of your children and you came on here and read what everyone is saying? you would want to read good things not horrible cruel things like what is being said now by all of you. well im sorry most of you. So for now you all think it is okay to sit here and talk shit but when it happens to you its a totally different story. So please go and find something else to do then sit here and bash them. How about go watch what your kids are doing so this doesn't happen to them...you don't know what this family has been through so you are nobody to talk.
You lost me at 'okay'...
bystander

Shelton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

...and reason she lived with the grandparents is that her parent(s?) is/are most likely in prison and the grandparents had already served thier term.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

The whole scenario is why she ended up as road pizza.
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

I hope you're on birth control.
carla

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

sorry for your loss
HarleyRider

Egham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

Some things you can chalk up to fate, as there are no answers. But I will tell you this: if this young lady had gotten home at a reasonable time, I wouldn't have had to read the jibberish above.
You OBVIOUSLY don't have children, and hopefully it will stay that way.
mjj

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

To Alora's friends

I am sorry about your friend. Please stay in school and try to improve your spelling and grammar.

I will be important in the long run. Alora doesn't have that opportunity anymore ...
was a NYer

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

alora ily rip: PLEASE STAY OR GO BACK TO SCHOOL: its through not threw (twice) your threw should be used as threw a ball, its they blanked.... not there blanked.... as for questions why it matters that is was 2:30am I think all the stupid comments by her 'friends' shows why CHILDREN need to be in bed by a respectable time. I wonder if she knew she had so many 'best friends' one of you should have told her to stay home as a 'best friend' would.
Ren Stimpy Jr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Jim wrote:
It's 10 PM, do you know were your children are??? Remember that? Does channel 5 still do it?
My response every night is....I have no clue where my children are...would they like to help me raise them???
JACQUE

Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

I feel bad for the friends and family of this poor girl, but where were her parents? If she had been in the house at 2:30 in the morning like most 14 year olds should be, she would still be here. And why was she with an 18 year old? I agree with everyone, where are the parents with a curfew and rules for this kid?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of149
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Obituaries Forum right now

Search the Obituaries Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Karen A. Geier Jul 9 John Geier 1
Hugo E. Schlegel, 77 Jul 8 ANNEMARIE 1
Socorro Davila Jul 8 Hector Pena 1
Obituary: Paul A. Huggins Jul 8 Dee Dee Handy- Morris 1
Eleni Vavas, 37, cardiologist and cancer fighte... Jul 8 lisa 1
Gerardo Gonzalez Jr. Jul 7 Melissa 1
Dorothy I. Lissenden, R. N. Obituary (Oct '09) Jul 7 Mary 228
•••
•••