Joel Lewandowski

Joel Lewandowski

There are 15 comments on the Free Press story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Joel Lewandowski. In it, Free Press reports that:

Joel Lewandowski "Joe," 53, of Wilmington passed away April 4, 2013. He was born Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

HagenMonuments Braidwood

Braidwood, IL

#1 May 21, 2013
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Keeping you all in our prayers.
Really

Joliet, IL

#2 May 22, 2013
This borderlines on the weird side. So you read the obituaries and post their names here? Why don't you try advertising in the paper like a normal business?

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
This borderlines on the weird side. So you read the obituaries and post their names here? Why don't you try advertising in the paper like a normal business?
Please explain why you have a problem with his.
Really

Ashburn, VA

#4 May 22, 2013
I don't owe you an explanation for anything Happy Dad. Who died and left you boss?(Pun intended)
You are seriously annoying. I think you have too much time on your hands.

Location hidden

#5 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
I don't owe you an explanation for anything Happy Dad. Who died and left you boss?(Pun intended)
You are seriously annoying. I think you have too much time on your hands.
LOL do tell!

I find it very satisfying, that I annoyed you.

You are correct you don't own me an explanation. However, if you gave one it would make this thread very entertaining.

P.S. Loved the pun, but wouldn't that all in the little bit creepy category?
Really

Joliet, IL

#6 May 22, 2013
It is quite obvious to everyone that you enjoy annoying people. However, I am not going to engage with you. Kind of a shame because I enjoy a challenge. I have better things to do than let you push my buttons. There are plenty of people on here that you get riled up. You don't need me.

Location hidden

#7 May 22, 2013
Really wrote:
It is quite obvious to everyone that you enjoy annoying people. However, I am not going to engage with you. Kind of a shame because I enjoy a challenge. I have better things to do than let you push my buttons. There are plenty of people on here that you get riled up. You don't need me.
Ahhhhh but you already have "engaged" with me. LOL

You accuse me of being the trouble maker, but you're the one who came on this thread and started trouble. All I did was ask you to explain your comment. Then you got "riled up". Sorry, didnt mean to push your buttons.
Come on now

North Aurora, IL

#8 May 23, 2013
Happy Dad... And whoever else... Take ur trolling to another forum or topic. U guys r terrible. This is a mans obituary. When ppl come to it and see all of your worthless comments, well its just plain disrespectful. I know u are an attention whore Happy Dad, but get it somewhere else please.

Location hidden

#9 May 23, 2013
Come on now wrote:
Happy Dad... And whoever else... Take ur trolling to another forum or topic. U guys r terrible. This is a mans obituary. When ppl come to it and see all of your worthless comments, well its just plain disrespectful. I know u are an attention whore Happy Dad, but get it somewhere else please.
Give me a break. You come on this thread and chew us out for "trolling", can't you see the irony of such an action? You accuse me of being "an attention whore" LOL. ummmm no whores get paid. But you obviously like attention as well. So I'll oblige you.

This obituary as you called it, was being used as an advertisement for Hagen Monuments. "Really" had a problem with it. I simply would like them to explain better. I meant no disrespect to the deceased or to the friends or family and I haven't said anything disparaging about them either. I may be annoying and it may be that I enjoy the attention, but I don't intentionally step on people's grief.

Actually, "Really" misunderstood my reason for asking them to explain. I agree that it is a little odd to post this sort of thing on a public forum. I just wanted "Really" to state in more detail what the issue was.

Did you consider the fact that I'm a local nameless individual, and that it is possible that I may have known the deceased?

So get over your self righteousness, and stop reading this thread immediately if this bothers you. Again I'm not trying to be offensive or disrespectful. If you choose to see it that way, it's now your problem.

Have a nice day :)

Location hidden

#10 May 23, 2013
Come on now wrote:
Give me a break. You come on this thread and chew us out for "trolling", can't you see the irony of such an action? You accuse me of being "an attention whore" LOL. ummmm no whores get paid. But you obviously like attention as well. So I'll oblige you.

This obituary as you called it, was being used as an advertisement for Hagen Monuments. "Really" had a problem with it. I simply would like them to explain better. I meant no disrespect to the deceased or to the friends or family and I haven't said anything disparaging about them either. I may be annoying and it may be that I enjoy the attention, but I don't intentionally step on people's grief.

Actually, "Really" misunderstood my reason for asking them to explain. I agree that it is a little odd to post this sort of thing on a public forum. I just wanted "Really" to explain in more detail what the issue was.

Did you consider the fact that I'm a local nameless individual, and that it is possible that I may have known the deceased?

So get over your self righteousness, and stop reading this thread immediately if this bothers you. Again I'm not trying to be offensive or disrespectful. If you choose to see it that way, it's now your problem.

Have a nice day :)
Come on now

Fox River Grove, IL

#11 May 23, 2013
U didnt know him.
Really

Joliet, IL

#12 May 23, 2013
There is something engaging about Happy Dad. Everyone does it. He pokes until you give him a reaction and that is what he wants. Worked with me! The funeral homes have websites available for posting condolences to the family of deceased. If HagenMonuments wants to pay his respects, that is the way to do it. Although free, using topix to advertise for their business is tasteless. It worked because now we are talking about it. It is good to know that he wouldn't go so far as to use the funeral homes forum to get business. But if death is his business should we really judge?? Ads cost money, this is free. Happy Dad you are obviously smart and if you can get under the skin of some of the morons that post on topix I say go for it. Having an exchange of words with a literate person is way more fun. See, you got my attention and it made me think about both sides of HagenMonuments post. I will maintain that their post is motivated by business and money. Not genuine. Although they did state in one post that they donate their services too. If they are willing to donate a tombstone to a family that can't afford one, then I say it's a public forum and more power to them.

Location hidden

#14 May 23, 2013
Really wrote:
There is something engaging about Happy Dad. Everyone does it. He pokes until you give him a reaction and that is what he wants. Worked with me! The funeral homes have websites available for posting condolences to the family of deceased. If HagenMonuments wants to pay his respects, that is the way to do it. Although free, using topix to advertise for their business is tasteless. It worked because now we are talking about it. It is good to know that he wouldn't go so far as to use the funeral homes forum to get business. But if death is his business should we really judge?? Ads cost money, this is free. Happy Dad you are obviously smart and if you can get under the skin of some of the morons that post on topix I say go for it. Having an exchange of words with a literate person is way more fun. See, you got my attention and it made me think about both sides of HagenMonuments post. I will maintain that their post is motivated by business and money. Not genuine. Although they did state in one post that they donate their services too. If they are willing to donate a tombstone to a family that can't afford one, then I say it's a public forum and more power to them.
I'm flattered. However, I maintain the claim that I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you.
JustSayin

Joliet, IL

#15 May 23, 2013
I knew Joe very well. It would have been nice to see posts supporting him. Not you folks chewing back and forth. Take it easy please. Rest in peace Joey.
really

Ashburn, VA

#16 May 23, 2013
JustSayin wrote:
I knew Joe very well. It would have been nice to see posts supporting him. Not you folks chewing back and forth. Take it easy please. Rest in peace Joey.
I am so sorry for your loss. This discussion started over the monument company using Joe's name as an opportunity to advertise their business. Please understand there was no disrespect intended towards the deceased. I am terribly sorry. This is one of the reasons I thought their free advertising opportunity was wrong. If it was my relative or friend I would not like it either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owen Aloisio (Sep '09) 7 hr Your Ammie 2
News Matthew Etchey (Apr '14) Wed Bob 3
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 Jun 25 ARRAR 6
News J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home Limited Jun 25 glad 4 more parking 1
Poll Dorothy I. Lissenden, R. N. Obituary (Oct '09) Jun 24 KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 271
News Diabetes gets best of devout Dodger fan (Jul '09) Jun 22 Rosa 3
News Timothy Rogalcheck, 49, Avenel (Jun '07) Jun 21 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
More from around the web