Missing Staunton Hiker Presumed Dead,...

Missing Staunton Hiker Presumed Dead, Search Ends

There are 8 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 10, 2013, titled Missing Staunton Hiker Presumed Dead, Search Ends. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The search is over for missing hiker Robert "Bobby" Fitzgerald. The Augusta County Sheriff's Office says he's presumed dead at this point, and now loved ones are seeking closure for their loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Ethan

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 11, 2013
You need an editor. This article is so terribly written.
Who Knows

Faber, VA

#2 Jul 11, 2013
Ethan wrote:
You need an editor. This article is so terribly written.
I am the consummate Grammar-Spelling-Content Police, but I found nothing cringe-worthy in this article at all.

The facts are all there, spelling and punctuation correct, but most important, respectfully and considerately written befitting the heavy-hearted situation.
LOL

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 11, 2013
Nobody should be hiking or walking alone anymore, those days are over.

Groups of three and four have been assaulted downtown and those with a police scanner know the truth in spite of the NBC29 PC spin doctors that delete posts that tell the uncomfortable truth.
sandy

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Jul 11, 2013
I worked with this guy Bobby, its sadness us they haven't found his remains. Bobby, was a very nice man who most of the time kept to himself at work. I want to give my thoughts and prayers out to the family and friends. I pray that his remains will be found. God bless.
RandomThoughts

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jul 11, 2013
Bobby was a good guy . Quiet and reserved .

He was in impecable shape from both tossing those bags up in blending down in the Draft , he also stayed active .

Peace to his Mother and family.
RandomThoughts

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jul 11, 2013
sandy wrote:
I worked with this guy Bobby, its sadness us they haven't found his remains. Bobby, was a very nice man who most of the time kept to himself at work. I want to give my thoughts and prayers out to the family and friends. I pray that his remains will be found. God bless.
You sure did .

The loss of life spanning 3 decades affiliated with the plant you guys worked at seems almost unreal .

Tragedy after tragedy for so many there.

You may remember when they had that flash fire or explosion up on the blending deck Bobby is the one whom helped get the Martin guy down off those silos many many years ago.

Bobby was a good guy
paix

Palmyra, VA

#7 Jul 12, 2013
this just doesn't make sense to me. this guy was in good shape and had just been to the confederate breastworks to hike. he had no problems with that, but goes missing when he went back to look for his phone? this just doesn't happen. there has got to be some sort of foul play or he decided he wanted to disappear. this is one odd story.
RandomThoughts

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jul 12, 2013
paix wrote:
this just doesn't make sense to me. this guy was in good shape and had just been to the confederate breastworks to hike. he had no problems with that, but goes missing when he went back to look for his phone? this just doesn't happen. there has got to be some sort of foul play or he decided he wanted to disappear. this is one odd story.
Agreed that if the possabilty of a shooting the ACSD needs to keep the books open on this and dig a little deeper.

As far as this Man just taking off to go hike....This is exactly who he was. He was a very active person and hiking was top of the list ...He was in the late 80's as I heard he did to the day he went missing .

Being reported he did not carry his pack and fluid bottle in with him ,gear left in the car as he returned for a cell phone he surley didnt know exactly where it was I am guessing...... That does not seem to be Bobby....

He was a very responsible person ....

This needs a bigger search effort or a regroup and prove Bobby left his car on his own free will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Online poll reveals most popular choice for Col... 16 hr Wilfred 2
News Coffay, Phyllis W. Jan 13 juli 1
News The Rev. Samuel Turner Sr. Jan 13 Bishop Cheryl Myhand 1
News Buckwild Star Dies: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning B... (Apr '13) Jan 12 Honestly 3
News Michigan woman dies from virus while serving 30... Jan 12 Anonymous 2
News Third Person Dies in Unrelated Animal vs. Motor... (Jun '11) Jan 9 Mel Hart 3
News Harry J. - Punk' Smith Jr. Jan 9 Eileen Biddle 1
More from around the web