Third reward established for Sullivan County homicide

Full story: Tribune-Star 22
There was an empty seat at Wednesday's meeting of the Sullivan County Credit Union board of directors. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
U-Know

Brazil, IN

#1 Dec 13, 2012
I don't know this man or his family but what I have read doesn't make to much sense for this to be a random break-in it sounds more like he had an argument with someone who wanted something they both got mad and he got shot then the killer took the tv and other things to make it look like a break-in I'm probable all wet but just my thoughts
Hmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Dec 13, 2012
He was 85 years old...really doubt he had any enemies. I'm going to guess it was someone on drugs looking for money. People are sick! Such a sad and horrible story.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#3 Dec 13, 2012
It seems Mr Badger was a very respected man. His community appears to be determined to find the murderer/s and I wouldn't count on too much mercy for the killer.
I also wouldn't make any long term plans if I were in his shoes.
Sad days

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Yes he was a very Respected man. A person lives to be 85 years old and has to die that way.Lot of people new him and loved him. Just hope it doesnt take to long to find who did this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 15, 2012
DNA will likely catch the killer if he left any.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#6 Dec 23, 2012
Who wants to bet that the intruder knew something about this man and/or his possessions.
The murderer might think he's off scott free but don't count on it.
Giggles

Sullivan, IN

#7 Dec 23, 2012
Papaw wrote:
Who wants to bet that the intruder knew something about this man and/or his possessions.
The murderer might think he's off scott free but don't count on it.
I bet you're right Papaw.
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Dec 23, 2012
It makes me sick to think of someone comming in on a person, and killing them just to get material things, this could happen to any of us, the same monster is still on the loose.
I hope who ever did this terrible act, becomes eatten alive with guilt, they cant sleep at night or even think of anything at all but the terrible act they commited.
I know God will help Mr. Badgers family, and friends through this, as much as I know God will make whoever did this confess to someone, because of the enormous guilt they have to be feeling.
Someone out there knows what happened, and it should work thier nerves till they come clean.
WalMart Greeter

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2012
JudgeJudy wrote:
It makes me sick to think of someone comming in on a person, and killing them just to get material things, this could happen to any of us, the same monster is still on the loose.
I hope who ever did this terrible act, becomes eatten alive with guilt, they cant sleep at night or even think of anything at all but the terrible act they commited.
I know God will help Mr. Badgers family, and friends through this, as much as I know God will make whoever did this confess to someone, because of the enormous guilt they have to be feeling.
Someone out there knows what happened, and it should work thier nerves till they come clean.
JudgeJudy, you of all people should know that some people have no conscience. They are more likely to be caught from bragging about it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 23, 2012
Papaw wrote:
Who wants to bet that the intruder knew something about this man and/or his possessions.
The murderer might think he's off scott free but don't count on it.
I agree, it's got to be someone who has been in that house.
LOL

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Dec 23, 2012
It was family
hardtellin

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Dec 23, 2012
my guess is that the punk broke in and the man recognized the intruder. intruder freaked out and killed him.
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 23, 2012
WalMart Greeter wrote:
<quoted text>
JudgeJudy, you of all people should know that some people have no conscience. They are more likely to be caught from bragging about it.
Sad, but true.
t47t591d

Washington, IN

#14 Dec 23, 2012
There was a young man from Sullivan county hanging around some Vincennes youths telling about his brother who suddenly came into possession of a big screen TV plus some other items. After storing the items in his parents garage for a few days a he took all of the items including the big screen TV and took them elsewhere. The story goes the parents and younger rother never did find out where the items came from or where he took them. Has anyone from up there heard this rumor yet? The teenager who repeated this to me seemed surprised to know the police are looking for a big screen TV which was stolen from the Sullivan county murder scene.
Who is it

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Dec 24, 2012
You should call the police with your info!!!!
ho ho

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Dec 25, 2012
Yes call police NOW!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Dec 25, 2012
There is a substantial reward. If they haven't notified law enforcement yet, you have to question the validity of this "rumor".
t47t591d

Washington, IN

#19 Dec 27, 2012
I haven't been able to contact the young man who knew the names of those with the suspicious items. The holidays...! In addition to a big screen TV mention was made of a game console and several games associated with it. Sega comes to mind but I may be mistaken about that. It's probably nothing but as soon as I can contact the young man again I will quiz him and find out as much as I can. He knows I am a past law enforcement officer and may not wish to tell me much more. He was surprised and pretty much thinking out loud when he disclosed the information about his sullivan county friend the big screen TV. The last thing I want to do is lead the investigators on a wild goose chase. I know they are busy chasing down leads and I do not wish to waste their time unless I can ascertain some validity to this story.
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

#20 Dec 27, 2012
t47t591d wrote:
I haven't been able to contact the young man who knew the names of those with the suspicious items. The holidays...! In addition to a big screen TV mention was made of a game console and several games associated with it. Sega comes to mind but I may be mistaken about that. It's probably nothing but as soon as I can contact the young man again I will quiz him and find out as much as I can. He knows I am a past law enforcement officer and may not wish to tell me much more. He was surprised and pretty much thinking out loud when he disclosed the information about his sullivan county friend the big screen TV. The last thing I want to do is lead the investigators on a wild goose chase. I know they are busy chasing down leads and I do not wish to waste their time unless I can ascertain some validity to this story.
Just give the police your contact's name. Solves your problem of connecting with him and more importantly it reduces the probability of ruining the investigation.
wow

Sullivan, IN

#21 Dec 27, 2012
Please do so. Look at the case of poor Nathan Lawson who was hit by a car. Stupid B itch they should take her out and run her over. Same with the person(s) responsible in this case. Gun them down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple who died 700 years ago were buried holdi... 11 hr cougar dating now 1
Anna Ruth Frasier (Sep '11) Fri ashley frasier 3
Dan Austin Andress Fri unknown 1
Longtime circuit court clerk dies Sep 18 Bob Chasteen 1
Obituaries for September 15, 2014 Sep 16 stuliber 1
St. Paul woman, allegedly choked by daughter, dies Sep 12 jet 1
Wrong-way fatality ID'd as MHS grad (Apr '12) Sep 11 Tiffs sis 109
•••

Obituaries People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••